imperfectlysoph

Textured eye makeup

Supposedly it's on trend but I think it is bizarro in real life. I saw a girl rocking a textured leopard print eye look last week and at first I thought she just had some crazy moles/birth marks on her lid. Bad idea jeans...

Manda

Re: Textured eye makeup

(0) Hearts

So I was curious to see what these looked like so, while in Walmart's, I wanted over to the makeup section.  I saw them and bursted out laughing.

xoxmichelle

(0) Hearts

I have yet to see someone rock that look, but I can only imagine how it'll look. 

lovely1reigns

(0) Hearts

Ya, that sounds pretty nasty.

katimae

(0) Hearts

I think it sounds  totally awesome.  Of course I couldn't do it in my small town ( I'd probably give some Amish man a heart attack!)   But for the hot night clubs in NYC, LA, & SF, absofreakinlutely!  I can see it there anytime.  Those looks on the runway go places.  Not the real extreme ones.  But in the whole scheme of the walk and shoots this isn't that extreme.  If I was young and thin and modeling in the cities again I would absolutely do it!

mallory87

(0) Hearts

I think it sounds like a cute idea if you have the attitude to pull it off. I could never do it, and I think the texture would make me have a funny face all day because  i would blink constantly since I'm easily amused.

honey3bee

I actually have the Hard Candy Eye Tattoos (still remember when the line was at Sephora :smileyhappy: ) and I've used the leopard print for a  dressy night aboard a cruise. It wasn't tacky or overdone, and it matched my blouse, although I kept the rest of the look simple with black slacks and no other makeup. I got a lot of compliments, and it made people do a doubletake. While the look may not work for shrinking violets, I think it should stay around awhile!

katimae

(0) Hearts

Yeah, Hard Candy was a great makeup line. I saw it at WalMart and couldn't believe it! I bought some and their colored mascara is pretty good. It isn't what it used to be, but it's very good for drugstore makeup!  If that's all you can afford right now, check it out!

mymaserati

(0) Hearts

Hard Candy was at Sephora? That must've been in my pre-Sephora days.. I used to see it at Ulta.. I'm told it's now sold at Walmart -- what happened there?? How the mighty have fallen!

I remember Urban Decay used to link to their site because they were under the same umbrella company. Anyone know if that's still the case? I think UD is owned by the same holding company as Sephora, and since Sephora doesn't sell Hard Candy I doubt they're still related, no?

tenngal

Beauty confession, I have to admit that I wore the animal print ones to a black tie event that was very dressy a couple of years ago. :smileysurprised:  It looked pretty good with the gold dress I had on, but I thought those things went out a couple of years ago as soon as they were "in" (lol).  Anyway, I've always liked to try everything once--and once was enough with the textures!
:smileyvery-happy:

pinkipinklips

(0) Hearts

never will i ever

teenageparasite

(0) Hearts

i've seen it done before a few times and in my opinion it looks rather trashy if done wrong . photo shoots and runway is fine but everyday not so much.

becca228

(0) Hearts

:smileyhappy:I say keep it on the run-way, for everyday I think it looks quite odd, but I sure someone has the confidence to pull it off!

bohobeauty

(0) Hearts

Wow. I can only imagine how awkward that has to look if it's done wrong, too. I know I won't be trying that out! 

ngyl

(0) Hearts

I completely agree... especially the crusty black look. I've never seen anyone try it in person but even on the pictures it looks gross to me. I did get my niece a zebra print though and it looked awesome on her. Then again, she's sixteen and has beautiful big brown eyes.

heathermondo

I've never seen anyone do that kind of look in person, but in my opinion, more power to those who push the envelope and do waht they want.

cwotani

(0) Hearts

I saw those things at Wal-Mart. I will NEVER buy that thing. They come in all kind of prints. I think that it's good for a runway idea, depending on what the runway is about. But to normally walk down the street like that is a big no no.

valentinephoto

(0) Hearts

I completely agree with you! I was a photographer and it looks great on camera (if done correctly) but it is really hard to wear in real life - especially the leopard print.

I think certain prints work better than others - but ones (like leopard) that can be mistaken for birth marks or moles just don't look all that great.

Of course there is always the exception to the rule. If it is done really well then it can be pulled off for a night time or special occassion. Never for work (unless you work in a creative field).

melalah

hahaha I agree that it looks a bit strange for everyday--runway I understand but ahhhhh keep it there! 

I'm going to think it is either strange eye crusties/unwashed makeup eyecrusties turning the crusties black/food/dirt/birthmarks everytime I see it! 

I also think it'd be strange to blink with actual texture on your eyelids. I'm glad I'm not the only one weirded out by this trend!!!

makeupmaven

Maybe for a photo shoot/ runway...I'm all for dramatic eye makeup but most people can't pull off a leopard or crazy textured look for daily life or even nightlife.

However, if you want to try this, I'd definitely recommend Make Up For Ever Flash Color...it's not truly an eye shadow and it may crease a little (set with their HD Powder), which can work well for a dramatic smokey eye...I've done a look like that before where I wanted the brush strokes to be obvious...but yeah, this was for a photoshoot!

lolomi

(0) Hearts

ROFL. I can only imagine...

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 20 replies
  • 11 hearts
  • 20 in conversation
    • lolomi
    • imperfectlysoph