melde

Teach me about resveratrol!

(0) Hearts

I've seen this in a lot of lip products lately. I did a google search, but was unsatisfied.

Any information would be appreciated! :smileyhappy:

lylysa

Re: Teach me about resveratrol!

Resveratrol is a polyphenol which contains a higher dosage/percent of antioxidants and is derived from the skin of grapes. Resveratrol also walks the lines of antioxidants provided by other polyphenol sources found in teas.

Antioxidants in general serve to battle oxidative damage brought on by free radicals and UV rays. Free radicals attack skin and cause damage to collagen and elastin which can also lead to the visible result of sun spots/age spots as sites on skin are so damaged, melanin/pigmentation is affected as well.

In addition to basic antioxidant protection, resveratrol also helps prolong the life and sustainability of healthy cells while also boosting collagen production while still protecting and preserving existing collagen. Collagen is something that can not topically be absorbed by surface layers of skin as particles are too large, thus the ability to stimulate collagen production (which naturally slows as we age), resveratrol is able to combat that aging factor by ensuring the production process doesn't halt entirely or slows to a saddening degree.

Caudalie is a line that has embraced the use of grapes and resveratrol to an amazing degree and I know the Anthony Logistic lip balms and Bite products also contain resveratrol.

wingatprsct

Lylysa, you never cease to amaze me!  We're so fortunate to have you on BT!

lylysa

Gawwwshhh, you're going to make me blush! Thank you so much, Wingatprsct!

melde

Awesome, lylysa! Better than Google! I knew I could count on you! Thanks!! :smileyhappy:

lylysa

:smileytongue: Thanks, girl! Glad I could help!

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 5 replies
  • 15 hearts
  • 3 in conversation
    • lylysa
    • wingatprsct
    • melde