nathaliew

Tarte Maracuja oil vs Josie Maran Argan oil?

(0) Hearts

Hey guys! 

I want to get an oil to use as a night time skin treatment. Have any of you tried both the Tarte Maracuja oil and the Josie Maran Argan oil, and if so, which one did you prefer? I have oily, sensitive and acne prone skin btw

tracygirl64

Re: Tarte Maracuja oil vs Josie Maran Argan oil?

(0) Hearts

I absolutely love argan oil! I've been using it for 3 years now. I have combo-oily (leans more oily) sensitive skin that is very acne prone. I was so scared to put an oil on my face, but after all the great reviews, I went ahead and gave it a try...it was the best decision I ever made for my skin! It cleared me up, balanced out my skin (no longer as oily) and I have a natural glow now. After seeing how well argan oil worked for me, I also wanted to see if Maracuja oil did anything like it or even better...but it broke me out BAD! Little bumps all around my mouth and forehead, and it did the same to my sister's skin. I think it just really depends on your skin and how it reacts to different things. My advice is to get a sample of both and see which one works out better for you.

izzypizzy

(0) Hearts

I definitely prefer the maracuja oil. I too have oily/sensitive/acne prone skin athe like the purity of oil.  Maracuja absorbs into my skin  quickly and I wake up with soft skin. 

tinabluebonnet

(0) Hearts

I have both and love both. The maracuja oil is so light and silky and argan is a lil gritty to me but both are great. I have combo skin, and both just absorb into my skin nicely. I love the Josey Maran infinity cream. I use it on my hand every nite. I got the Tarte rollerball maracuja oil and really like it, I just roll it all over my face,it's so simple.

paleblue

For me, with sensitive combination skin, I have fallen head over heels for Josie Maran's Argan Oil. I use it morning and night. I used to wear full coverage makeup to hide my skin, and now I wear the oil and nothing else, maybe a little blush or bronzer. I honestly think it's healed my skin. Out of curiosity, I bought the Tarte Maracuja oil as well, since it had great reviews. For awhile I did Argan in the morning, Maracuja at night. Unfortunately, the Maracuja didn't agree with my skin, and I ended up with bumps all over my face and neck. I agree with everyone else, try both. I think a small bottle of Tarte's is a 100 point perk right now, and Josie Maran has a smaller bottle for just $14. Worth trying out for a few weeks to see what you prefer!

michmo

(0) Hearts

I maybe alone in this problem, but I had been a loyal argan beauty for a while.  I really loved Josie Maran's products, and there are still some I do use.  

However recently the Argan oil gave my face a bad reaction.  I was using it at night because my skin was dry.  Unfortunately, It started giving me very dry, red, and bumpy patches that resembled rosacea, which I have never experienced before.  I kept using it hoping for it to improve, but finally it got so bad I couldn't take it.  

I switched over to First Aid Beauty line and absolutely LOVE it.

The argan oil started to clog/sit in my pores.  A lot of people love it though...my skin tends to be sensitive although I try to deny that fact a lot.  

Also, I read lots of reviews and while there are many people that love the Argan oil, I seem to have found less "bad" stories like mine about the Maracuja oil.  

Good Luck! 

mkupgk

(0) Hearts

Josie Maran is awesome :smileywink:

nathaliew

(0) Hearts

Hm it seems like I might just have to try to get samples of both and try which one works best. Thank you so much everyone!!! <3

arielaaaaaaaa

(0) Hearts

I have extremely dry skin and the Argan oil was so much more hydrating than the Maracuja oil. I can't say which is better for oily skin, but if your worried about breakouts, every ones skin is completely different so the only way to know is to try. The Argan oil is heavier but it's perfect for a night treatment. You want something heavier at night. It's best to try to get some samples and see which you prefer.

crayzeeRN

Hey there :smileyhappy:

I haven't tried both oils, but I can tell you that I am 100% in love with Tarte Maracuja Oil :smileyhappy:

Majorly has cut down on the oil my face products, hydrates, reduces the amount of acne breakouts I get. Very noticeable difference overnight on blemishes- it is anti-inflammatory. The first night I used it I was literally stunned how much better my face looked in the morning. Over time, brightens your face and fades scars. I have sensitive skin as well and have never had problems! There isn't one single negative thing I can say about this product :smileyhappy:

If you want to try it for free, the code VIBTARTE gets you a small bottle that lasts a LONG time- we're talking about 2 months of daily use. The code also comes with a mascara and an eyelash primer :smileyhappy:

sephoralovex

(0) Hearts

I prefer the Josie Maran. For my dry skin it really helps hydrate it. I have sensitive/acne prone skin too and neither has broken me out. I did not like the Tarte one at all. I used it for a month and saw no results. Maybe it wasnt strong enough? With the Josie Maran I saw results with the same day of using it. I'd say go with Josie Maran but since you have oily skin use VERY little.

laurennnlove

(0) Hearts

I second this.  Try the light version.  it works wonders for my oily, yet dry skin.

ChicDabbler

Try Maracuja, Argan oil is heavier. I have combo skin and only use Argan oil in the winter.

saturnwings

(0) Hearts

I totally agree with this!  

Argan oil is heavier and just doesn't absorb into oily or combo skin as easily as the lighter maracuja oil, though I admit I found both a touch too heavy for summer's humidity (though to be fair, I find almost everything on the face, including the requisite sunscreen, too heavy for summer's humidity).

For oily skin, I might even recommend using a treatment oil in lieu of any moisturizer.  Too much nourishment is sometimes just too much, and on the face, that tends to result in more acne issues.

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 13 replies
  • 4 hearts
  • 13 in conversation
    • nathaliew
    • sephoralovex
    • arielaaaaaaaa
    • tracygirl64
    • saturnwings
    • ChicDabbler