HookedOnBeauty2

TJ Maxx finds :)

I know there has been some talk about beauty products sold at TJ Maxx and whether or not they are good.

I stopped there today and decided to look in that section. Just wanted to share with everyone what I found in case anyone is interested.

Korres Lip Blockbuster volume 2 $19.99

Elizabeth Arden toner $7.99

Bliss daily detoxifying toner $9.99

And that lipstick holder is perfect!!!! $3.99. I had to buy 2 :smileyhappy:

image.jpg

laurennnlove

Re: TJ Maxx finds :)

(0) Hearts

I just got a few things at my Marshalls.  They had a lot of Shiseido and elizabeth arden products, the same ones you guys have mentioned.  The also had quite a few philosophy, too faced, bliss, dr. brandt, and ole henriksen products.  Mainly all skincare products.  They also had several hair products.  I also liked how they had the expensive products in clear security boxes so not only could people not steal them, but they couldn't open them to swatch them.  It actually made me want to buy the products, because I knew that they hadn't been opened!  Oh, they also had a lot of elf products there, which was strange.  The elf products are usually $3 each, and at Marshalls they were $2.69, not that great of a deal.  They also had a lotttt of eco tools, real techniques, and other off brand brushes there.  

The problem with Marshalls and TJMaxx carrying beauty products and supplies is that I buy things that I don't need, only because they are on sale! hahaha

daeidre

(0) Hearts

My local Winners (Canadian branch of the same company) has had a bunch of good stuff recently. Mostly just odds and ends, no mass amounts of any brand. They've had Becca, Elizabeth Arden, Lise Watier, Shiseido, Bliss, NARS, Smashbox, and Dolce and Gabbana makeup. Nothing particular that interested me, but it's good to know they do get such nice brands in sometimes!

michelle283

(0) Hearts

Daeidre, where are you located?  I haven't been to my local Winners ( College Park in Toronto ) in ages, but if they are carrying philosophy becca, nars, etc, I may have to make my way downtown!

daeidre

I'm in the Waterloo-Kitchener area. Two near me generally have pretty good beauty departments, but I was at Dixie Outlet Mall last week and they had a rubbish selection, so it seems to be really hit and miss! Keep an eye on them after gift periods-- my closest one had a huge stack of Philosophy gift packs below half price right after Christmas!

michelle283

(0) Hearts

Thanks!  PS sorry for the super delayed reply.  I just finished exams, and needless to say, BT can be a major distraction!  I tried to stay as far away as possible until school ended.

SilveryPink

(0) Hearts

Definitely curious now, I have recently found out there is one 15 minutes away. Very tempting. 

andyhtrieu

(0) Hearts

I love going to TJ Maxx, Marshalls, and Ross for their beauty sections. I always find dupes for the beauty blender and the tangle teezer and some brushes. I never buy the makeup or skincare just because I always feel like it's either expired, someone contaminated it, or it's just a bad batch. It's just fun to look at though hahah

dolceloure

I see great stuff at TJ Maxx (and its sister, Marshalls) -- brands like Bliss, Elizabeth Arden, Shiseido, and occasionally Too Faced and Ole Henriksen...BUT it's incredibly disappointing to see customers swatching these items/stealing bits of the package if it's a gift set or something. Apart from devaluing the item, forcing the store to mark them down, it's just...gross. :-(

hackneyfl

(0) Hearts

Hmmmmm, never see anything at my marshalls only the tjmaxx.

thechicgeek

(0) Hearts

I know what you mean, I remember seeing 2 or 3 of the Balm's the Balm and the beautiful palettes a few years back that had been all swatched and gross looking. I wasn't familiar with the Balm then and little did I know that a year later I would be searching for this palette like crazy so I would have been even more disgusted.

tanyab84

(0) Hearts

It must have been the exact same time I saw B the B palettes at Marshalls because it was a few years ago.  It took a lot of hunting but I found ONE palette that hadn't been destroyed for me to buy.

You know Kohl's carries their line now.

hackneyfl

Yeah, I check mine all the time now for Shiseido. But since the 1st time which was a few weeks ago there hasn't been any, should have bought it ALL while I had the chance.

Now mine seems to have a ton of the Elizabeth Arden, they had like 3 full shelves of things!

HookedOnBeauty2

I noticed a bunch of Shiseido but mostly creams. I was surprised by some of the brands that were there.

hackneyfl

(0) Hearts

Mine had the whole pureness line; wash, toner, moisturizer (that is my HG) but had never had the cleansing water and only got 1  but that to is now my HG cleansing water so I keep stalking the place!

annypoo

I want that lipstick holder! They usually are so expensive!

HookedOnBeauty2

(0) Hearts

Isn't it adorable..... It's tiered and your lipsticks will fit perfectly!!!

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 16 replies
  • 9 hearts
  • 11 in conversation
    • tanyab84
    • thechicgeek
    • dolceloure
    • michelle283
    • SilveryPink
    • daeidre