annec322

Sun Safety Kit 2014- I just bought it!

[ Edited ]

I went to the opening of a new SiJCP today.  I walked in and low and behold, there it was.  Just sitting there all innocently.  I knew right away that it was destiny.  Without further adieu...

SunSafetyKit1.jpg

SunSafetyKit2.jpg

Contents (according to accompanying pamphlet):

Spoiler
  • 0.5 oz Algenist SPF 20 Regenerative Anti-Aging Moisturizer
  • 0.03 oz Bare Minerals SPF 25 Mineral Veil
  • 0.33 oz Murad SPF 30 Essential-C Day Moisturizer
  • 0.5 oz Ole Henriksen 50+ SPF Protect the Truth Sunscreen
  • 0.5 oz Peter Thomas Roth 30 SPF All Day Moisture Defense Lotion
  • 0.64 oz Shiseido 50+ SPF Ultimate Sun Protection Cream
  • 1.69 oz St Tropez Self Tan Bronzing Mousse
  • 0.23 oz Stila 30 SPF 10-in-1 BB Cream
  • 1 oz Supergoop! 50 SPF Sun Defying Sunscreen Oil
  • 0.5 oz Tarte Brazilliance Maracuja Self Tanner
  • 0.14 oz Too Faced Chocolate Soleil Matte Bronzing Powder

I'm most excited for the Algenist, Murad, and Supergoop! because those are all brands I've been meaning to try.  For those three alone, I got a good deal even if I give the rest away. 

What does everyone else think?  Is it what you were hoping for?  Whose gonna get it?

annec322

Re: Sun Safety Kit 2014- I just bought it!

(0) Hearts

I :heart: Too Faced bronzing powders.  I think they blend well and smell soooo yummy. 

gogreyhound

(0) Hearts

My one and only bronzer, it does smell fabulous!! I had no idea!!   when I purchased my SSK the Sephora here had a ton of them on the floor--they were all carrying them around and showing them to the customers... I should have snagged extras for my fellow BT beauties that missed out! 

DandyLionFluff

Thanks for posting.  I have been on the lookout for this set.

bigslacker666

lame set! almost identical with last yea's one.

annekevdb

This is so similar to last year's kit.... I was hoping they would mix it up more - maybe w/ some SPF lip products and different brands than they had in last year's kit.

DTalksAll

(0) Hearts

Did they have a different set for SiJCP? I think I remember getting mine on-line & it was the same as what they had at free standing stores, but the ones at SiJCP had less items and was slightly less expensive. 

RoxieR

(0) Hearts

I also noticed that the SiJCP has a new skincare set out.. identical to the "Skin Cleanse" that used to be online and in the stand-alone stores. And cheaper. I need to go to SiJCP more often!!

annec322

(0) Hearts

I think SiJCP and online/freestanding sets do usually differ a bit.  There's a thread right now discussing the differences in the Summer Set for example:

http://community.sephora.com/t5/VIB-ROUGE/New-Sephora-Favorites-4-15-14/m-p/1353160#M20874

bellarob

Thanks for posting Annec. I missed these last year. Going to check them out in store today. :smileyhappy:

FireSpinner

(0) Hearts

Hmm, its tempting but I'm as pale as a ghost and it would take a TON of self-tanner for me to get anywhere colour wise. The only colour I have - is the colour from my tattoos. I might still get this kit for the other stuff though/

starletta8

I picked mine up at SiJCP today since they were out of the only deal I wanted- the PTR sunscreen. Yes, it's smaller than last year, but I'm still happy with it.

mommyto4

I agree with everyone else.  Looks just like last years with less product.  I'm going to pass since I still have 90% of last years left.  This is one of the only products I bought because of the hype and regretted.

killahbabe

I'm really disappointed in this one so I wont be getting it. I'm really not a fan of St. Tropez ANYTHING, everyone has the Stila BB cream, and I already own the Tarte, Too Faced, Murad, and BareMinerals products. I really wish that they would've taken out all of the self-tanner products in this kit and swapped out that BB cream for a BB cream that hasn't been in a Sephora-curated kit before. I also would've liked to see PTR's mineral powder sunscreen (or any powdered sunscreen really) as an option in the kit as well. The only thing I'm even moderately interested in is the Supergoop Sunscreen Oil.

Heatoyos1

Spot on! (See my pun there? :smileytongue:) I absolutely agree. 

killahbabe

(0) Hearts

Ooo! Dat was punny, Heatoyos! :smileyvery-happy:

ragdoll4mom

Thanks.  In the past, I haven't been able to open the spoilers, but it works now.  Thanks again.

divagirl90

I still have stuff from last year's kit unopened so I'm going to pass. It looks like a deal though!

notcreative

(0) Hearts

Same here. There are a lot of repeats too. 

ragdoll4mom

(0) Hearts

Could you list the sizes of the products for us? 

annec322

[ Edited ]
(0) Hearts

I put the sizes and product names in the spoiler :smileyhappy:

Heatoyos1

Thanks for posting! I was almost kicking myself for not following my intuition and dropping by my local SiJCP yesterday. 

I really hope that the freestanding Sephora has a different set than this one. Though 11 items for $27 sounds tempting, three of the products are bronzing/tanning products--which I won't use. :/

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 84 replies
  • 145 hearts
  • 46 in conversation
    • prettyinpa
    • DTalksAll
    • killahbabe
    • wendyomgwar
    • bigslacker666
    • jojobe