xpap

Stolen!

Hi Everyone,

I have a tragic story to tell! Mainly I just need to vent to people who will understand :smileyhappy:

Yesterday I finally decided to buy the Nars Radiant Creamy Concealer after reading so many awesome reviews about it on BT. So I bought that and a MUFE powder and went on my merry way to Bloomingdale's. When I was about to leave the mall I realized that I didn't have my Sephora bag! I rushed back to Bloomingdale's and breathed a huge sigh of relief when the woman handed me my bag. Yay! Miracle! Until I got to my car and looked in my bag and saw that my Nars Concealer was missing :smileysad:

Back to Bloomingdale's I went, hoping that the bag had tipped over and it had fallen out somewhere nearby. When I got back to the counter I told the woman that I was missing some items from my bag and asked if it had tipped over or anything. She said that they had accidentally given my bag to another woman who was there at the same time as I was and that she came back shortly after saying "Sorry I don't know what I was thinking, this actually isn't my bag". SIGH.

I am trying to just be glad that I got my powder back but I was so excited about the Nars Concealer (the powder was just an impulse buy)! And this type of thing makes me lose a little faith in humanity.

I'm debating re-buying the concealer but right now the hurt is too fresh! Any thoughts on this? Should I just bite the bullet and buy it again?

Also, has anything like this happened to anyone else?? You BT folks always cheer me up!

andreabonder

Re: Stolen!

(0) Hearts

Working retail, when it comes to people coming back to the store looking for their items a lot of the time I have to say sorry - we'll give you a call if we find anything. I feel like when it comes to more high end products people are so much more likely to treat themselves and take something. People don't think about the money spent all they think about is that they got something that they didn't have to pay for. There was a time my sister lost about $1,000 in CASH. She was getting ready to go on vacation. when she realized her little envelope was missing she retraced her steps... And nothing. That could've been someone's rent money, or food etc. no one is obligated to take anything just because it may fall in their path. 

imbeautiful

o0o0o Blackwiskey I am  SO SORRY! SHAME on her ! One day she will be surprised when Karma sneaks up and shows it's ugly face!! While YOU my Dear will also be surprised when Ugly Karma's twin sister Named Good Deeds will show up on your door step with only good things for you. Hugs love and Confidence to all.

imbeautiful

Oh hun, I'm so so sorry!! I would report this to the manager at the store that this happened at, while I understand that you made a mistake by leaving your bag they are the one that actually handed your bag to another lady. Am I understanding correctly that this other lady actually took the bag knowing it was not her's? I mean how could she mistake that she had not shopped at Sephora? I really dislike dishonest people and this makes me so sad!! Please wrote the manager and let them know what happened it might of been your mistake but it was also their mistake. Hugs!! I would just cry!!! Especially since I am really , really wanting to try some Nars items!!

kemoca

[ Edited ]

they should have asked the woman what was in her bag. and they should have asked you the same thing. that way they can avoid people stealing other people's stuff. i would complain to a manager if i were you. i think they owe you a concealer, honestly. yes, it was your error leaving it behind but they gave it to another woman, which was their error, and good customer service would be to replace it. 

you need to be assertive because nobody is going to look out for you except you. don't just take crap like that, you don't deserve it. 

Blackwhiskey

My story didn't happen at a store, but I was giving a girl some unused makeup, from benefit cosmetics, kat von d, all the way to drugstore - I gave her a bunch. How did I get repaid? My theory is when I went to the restroom to grab something, she took my newly purchased Kat von D liquid eyeliner, and my urban decay lipstick, which I just ended up repurchasing. I can't trust people.. if they mess with your makeup, they'll mess with everything else. :smileysad:

heartsmyface

That's harsh!  You were giving her stuff and she stole from you??? No words

Blackwhiskey

Yeah, it's really sad to know there are people like that. You know, my looks may be a bit on the weird side but once I open up, I'm so giving and nice to people, hence why I gave her so much makeup.. and then to be treated that way, it makes me want to shut off from the world. I don't know how people can do that to someone who is kind and generous to them. :smileysad:

heartsmyface

(0) Hearts

I wouldn't be so quick to shut out the world.  People do cr@ppy stuff but if I take a step back and look at my life, I've only net three genuinely bad people in my life.  I've met A LOT if awesome people!!!! 

mpas

You need to talk with someone in bloomingdales.  Even though they did not steal your concealer, they are negligent and need to rectify this.

ragdoll4mom

I would talk with the store manager.  I bet they have security cameras focused on the area and would be able to see what actually happened.  

waterbaby1981

If they didn't offer to make it right, so to speak, next step is to speak to your credit card company and file a chargeback.  If they actually admitted they gave your bag to the wrong person, you definitely shouldn't have to pay to fix their mistake.  Did you get the name of the SA who admitted that? 

1SultrySCENTNut

Sad. What type of human would "accidentally" take the WRONG Shopping Bag , decide to return it for her ORIGINAL Bag w/Purchase, but take out ONE of the items from the wrong bag and expect this to NOT be noticed ??????

To me, this is blatent theft, she saw an "opportunity" to get what she came for and now.... look, her bonus of something she thought she would like/want.

What is wrong with people today, wether it be theft from a person or a shopping center / store - THEFT IS THEFT No Matter WHERE it is STOLEN From.

I am sorry for your loss, I do hope you can somehow recoup what is missing.

Titian06

@xpap - Contact your credit card company to let them know the item was stolen.  Find out what you are responsible for; you may not need to pay for the item since it was stolen while you were shopping.  Also, you do not need to pay for the item while you are contesting the payment/reimbursement/exchange/etc. of the item with Sephora or whomever.  Just make sure your credit card company knows so they don't charge you a late fee or whatever.

missey1973

I am very sorry. It is easy to loose faith. I have never kept anything I have fond. From wallets full of money, pocket books, jewlery, to even kids stuffed animals left at tables in resturants, I have gone out of my way to track down owners. However, my pocket book has been stolen many times (even twice at church) and I have lost lots of things and nothing have ever been returned to me. But to make myself feel better I always wish violent diarrhea on those that keep our lost items.

heartsmyface

Haha, made me chuckle! I think if people lose stuff and it's returned to gem they're more likely to return something they find.  It's like a pay it forward thing.  

heatherbee

Absolutely.   We all know how awful it feels to lose something, and it feels nice to return lost items :smileyhappy:

lovinglondon

Sorry to hear this! Don’t lose faith in humanity. That are still some really good honest people out there.

Take pride in the fact that you can carry on without it, and if you want repurchase it without resorting to stealing. 

ivyxox

I'm so sorry! I'm a little confused though, if you left a Sephora bag at Bloomingdale's , why would they give it to another woman? I understand if there were two Bloomingdale's bags, then it might happen because they both look the same. Honestly, she left with your bag and she did not even have to return the powder. I feel like there might not be another woman, the SA who assisted you just took it. Anyways, you should definitely contact the store manager!

gogreyhound

UM, WAIT A SEC!! What sticks out to me is they told you "they accidentally gave your bag to another woman who was there at the same time as you" so, did they give it to her while you were still there? I am not usually one to try and point fingers, but I think they are partially to blame for this, if they gave your bag to someone else. She was a D.B. for taking something out of it, to be sure! I am sorry, there are dishonest people around and it isn't fair. I would buy another one to replace it, but talk to the CS first--they should NOT have given your bag to someone else.  You won't feel better til you get another one--and enjoy it!! :smileyhappy:

Biedazzle

(0) Hearts

I'm so sorry! That would make me so upset! Makeup is so expensive and hurts my wallet buying it! I can't imagine buying it and then never being able to use it. :smileysad: 

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 45 replies
  • 56 hearts
  • 29 in conversation
    • lovinglondon
    • molkie
    • lovethesun
    • waterbaby1981
    • mpas
    • ashleynne