thatbluebox

Skincare Ingredients!!!

When looking for a new skincare product to try, what ingredients do you specifically look for? What ingredients do you absolutely avoid? What ingredients do you recommend and why? 

I remember reading that SLS in cleansers or just any that foams excessively, alkalines your skin and creates a breeding ground for bacteria ie. acne! So now I just avoid any and all SLS containing cleansers. 

sephoramusthave

Re: Skincare Ingredients!!!

roxystar------I LOVE Weleda! I haven't tried that lotion, but I've used their cleanser, toner and went through a few tubes of the skin food cream. The skin food is a very thick/kinda greasy cream, but it does WONDERS for very dry hands. It makes them baby soft overnight.

I like the brand SIBU BEAUTY---I get it at Sprouts. They have skincare as well as supplements and juices with seabuckthorn oil. I have their pure seabuckthorn oil right now, and I went through several of their bar soap face cleansers, and a couple of their gel cleansers. I want to try their face cream and serum next! I need to buy another bar soap, I love it, does wonders for my skin, but I have soooo much great skincare to go through first right now!

roxystar4

(0) Hearts

@sephoramusthave  I have tried some of the Weleda face creams and they are nice (some were a bit too thick for my skin though).  Good to know about the skin food :smileyhappy:

I havent tried SIBU Beauty before.  Do you live in CA? The only other place I've seen Sprouts was when I lived out there. I am going to keep my eye out for Sibu next time I go to my health food store (in the next 3-4 days for groceries). 

sephoramusthave

I avoid sulfates and parabens.

I love seabuckthorn oil, so anything with that ingredient gets my vote. It does wonders for the inside and outside of your body. I'm also a sucker for anything that says "ph balanced" on the bottle. I never break out or have any reactions when something is ph balanced. The words "natural" and "organic" mean squat unless you know the ingredients. And only something with the USDA stamp is actually organic----that stamp certifies that a product has passed inspection and is at least 95% organic, with the rest of the ingredients being natural and chemical free. I also avoid chemical sunscreen because it breaks me out and I go for the natural barrier sunscreens like zinc oxide and titanium dioxide instead. They might leave a white cast, but makeup covers that anyway so no worries.

roxystar4

[ Edited ]

@sephoramusthave  I JUST bought the Weleda lotion with seabuckthorn oil in it yesterday!

8858.jpg

beautylovingirl

(0) Hearts

It depends on your skin type and what you may be allergic to or what ingredients your skin is sensitive to and I've never heard of a face wash that creates a breeding ground for acne.

cherrybombtastic

(0) Hearts

I avoid sulfates because it foams and dries out my skin. I avoid silica because it clogs my pores. While I try to avoid parabens, if the product is necessary and effective, I stick with it, like for instance with acne products. Finding a good acne product is like finding a needle in a haystack in terms of trying to fit it into the rest of my skincare regimen. I don't use products with bismuth because it can cause breakouts, but bismuth is rare to find nowadays in products. Great question!

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 6 replies
  • 5 hearts
  • 5 in conversation
    • sephoramusthave
    • cherrybombtastic
    • roxystar4
    • beautylovingirl
    • thatbluebox
Photos1