Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

Skincare BRANDS worth trying?

What do you think are the best brands of skincare to try out? Meaning, not just one or two products worth trying, but a solid LINE of products?

I have: extremely dry skin that has been normalized by an intense skincare regimen. If I slack, I turn into the Saharan desert. Minor acne here and there, usually one rotating pimple. It's like playing face whack-a-mole. I like thick and greasy moisturizer, even moreso at night - Farmacy sleep tight is perfection to me.

Thanks for reading!

Re: Skincare BRANDS worth trying?

I like thick greasy moisturizers that absorbs well in the winter, I recommend giving Murad Hydrodynamic moisturizer, Algenist Overnight Regenerative or Peter Thomas Roth Rose moisturizer a try.

Every brands has products that are hit or miss. Every brands. I try products without caring about brands, and of the hundreds I've tried, I find Peter Thomas Roth and Fresh have the most products that works great. Origins have some good masks and moisturizers while Tatcha have great exfoliator/oils.

Hi Alicehoopz, Your skin sounds like mine. Farmacy Sleep Tight is in my current rotation and it's awesome! Aside from when I worked for a particular brand, I've never used the same brand for every product (or even most) in my routine. I think you would like the Murad Hydro Dynamic line if your skin craves moisture. The moisturizer is thick, soothing and super hydrating. Also, I highly recommend the Hydro-Glow Aqua Peel. We were given one to try and I used mine on Sunday. My skin STILL feels amazing and I just ordered more. 

@Alicehoopz  if you have extremely dry skin I recommend checking out Consonant HydrExtreme. It's my HG for my dry skin. It's very lightweight almost like water but packs a punch of hydration. Maybe adding this one product to your routine would help and you wouldn't need so much products? I'm trying out a bunch of products right now but two lines I have been impressed with is Mahalo and Omorovicza. I also used to use The Body Deli a lot. I mostly just buy their body products at the moment but did get a set of masks recently (previously not available in Canada). The reason why I don't have much of their skin care at the moment is because I wanted to try new things. I had been slacking for a while because of health issues so now I just want to experiment lol

Josie Maran. 100%. If you have dry dry dry skin, you will love the Argan Oil based products. 

4 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 4 replies
  • 7 Hearts Given
  • 5 Contributors
testing