Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

Skin Laundry Review: Pillowcase, Cleanser and Sheet Mask

I'm a long term skincare addict, so I was super excited to try the pillowcase, cleanser and sheet masks from the newest brand Sephora carries--Skin Laundry. Thanks for the package, Sephora!20170128_151148.jpg

I've never heard of Skin Laundry before this. Apparently it originates from LA based spa that is inspired by laser&light facials. It focuses on gentle but effective products with simple ingredients.

Sleepcycle Pillowcase

It is a queen sized, 100% cotton pillowcase with 300 threadcount and charged with silver ion technology. There are scientific studies shown that colloidal gold is antiaging and copper peptides help with collagen production, so I'm not surprised that silver is antibacterial, which is great for acne-prone skin (especially if you are a side sleeper).20170128_151211.jpg

I tried a copper infused eyemask before but couldn't stand the metallic scent, but this pillowcase has no scent. It looks like a normal white pillowcase, very soft and smooth. I rarely get blemish so unfortunately I can't attest to that aspect. It says to wash every 7-10 days and the antibacterial effect of silver ion technology should last 50 washes, so it should be effective for about a year. Because the oil and stuff on your face get smeared on the pillowcase, I usually flip to the other/clean side after 3-4 days of use, then wash after another 3-4 days. So far, it's been a very soft and comfy pillowcase to me.

Gentle Foaming Face Wash

This gentle cleanser aims to be gentle but effective, and it delivers. It's a clear gel with a very mild clean scent. It lathers a little but does not foam. It feels comfortable on the skin and rinses off cleanly. It leaves the skin feeling clean, but not drying or moisturizing. 20170128_151430.jpg

Ingredients-wise, its a very basic cleanser with chamomile and cucumber to soothe, shea butter/glycerin/panthenol (a form of vit B that attracts moisture) to moisturize.It's great for all skin types, including sensitive. If you are looking for a cleanser that focuses on oil control or breakouts for oily skin, or one that focuses on moisturizing for dry skin, then this is not it. It is good basic cleanser with good simple ingredients, reasonably priced at $20. 

Hydrating Facial Sheet Masks!

Finally, my favorite part! I've tried over 100 different sheet masks, mostly Korean ones, so I'm quite excited to try this. The sheet mask is a piece of folded cloth soaked in a white milky serum with no scent. The sheet feels more cloth-like than the paper/fiber cloth sheet that most sheet masks are made of which means it's sturdy with no risk of being torn and easy to unfold, but it also doesn't adheres to the skin as closely.The serum feels cool and comfortable on the skin. If you use it when your skin is irritated or sensitive, there may be a tingling sensation for a few seconds and that's all. The serum leaves the skin feel moisturized but clean, no stuffy feeling or greasy residue at all. My skin definitely feels refreshed and moisturized. If you have oily skin you may not need a moisturizer afterward, but if you have dry skin then I'd recommend using a moisturizer to seal the good stuff in after the essence absorbs.

20170128_151659.jpg

There is ~1-2 Sephora sample jar's amount of serum left in the packet after taking the mask out. You can massage it onto neck/chest while wearing the mask, or save it to use as serum for next day as well. I would not recommend trying to reuse/rehydrate the sheet mask with it eventho the sheet is sturdy, because there's not enough serum for the sheet to absorb and you won't get an even application. If you want to wash it and soak it in ~.5oz of your other essence for a DIY sheet mask, I won't stop you.

The ingredients for the sheet mask are fantastic. No junk like fragrance or paraben but plenty of good stuff. It's got Meadowfoam Seed Oil, Niacinamide, Squalane and hyaluronic acid to moisturize/strengthen the skin as well as various plant extracts for brightening/antiaging. 

Spoiler
The ingredients weren't very readable in the picture, so here's the ingredients:
Water, Glycerin, Limnanthes Alba (Meadowfoam Seed Oil), Citrullus Vulgaris (Watermelon), Lens Esculenta (Lentil) Fruit Extract, Lens Esculenta (Lentil) Seed Extract, Pyrus Malus (Apple) Fruit Extract, Niacinamide, Squalane, Dipotassium Glycyrrhizate, Sodium Lactate, Sodium Hyaluronate, Sodium PCA, Cetearyl Alcohol, Dimethicone, Potassium Cetyl Phosphate, Disodium EDTA, Sodium Hydroxide, Carbomer, Hexylene Glycol, Ethylhexylglycerin, Caprylyl Glycol, Phenoxyethanol.

Picture of it on my face, it does stick to the face, but doesn't adheres as close to the skin as possible:20170128_215552.jpg

The sheet masks are $10 each. It's got great ingredients and if the sheet adheres more closely to the skin, then I'd say it's perfect. I do like the serum/essence very much, but I like the sheet from Karuna and When masks better.

Often times brands fill their product with junk trying to look fancy, or hike up the price for being all natural. Skin Laundry has pretty simple ingredients lists filled with good stuff and appropriately/reasonably priced. My combination skin enjoys it very much. Thank you Sephora/BeautyTalk for the opportunity to give this brand a try!

Skin Laundry: http://www.sephora.com/skin-laundry?node=1050055

Re: Skin Laundry Review: Pillowcase, Cleanser and Sheet Mask

For reference, I have combination skin, a little dry right now due to winter. I've used Skin Laundry sheet mask twice so far. The rest of my skincare regimen are:

- Origins Clear Improvement Charcoal mask 2-3 times a week

- Tatcha Rice Enzyme Powder to exfoliate 2-3 times a week

- Skin Laundry Gentle Foaming Face Wash

- Lancome Tonique Douceur Alcohol Free (blue toner)

- Klairs Freshly Juiced Vitamin Drop serum

- Fresh Rose Eye Cream

- PTR Water Drench Cloud Cream, or Sunday Riley CEO Moisturizer

- AmorePacific Natural Protector SPF35 in the morning

Thanks for this @ChicDabbler, I ordered one of every mask last week before any reviews and have been wondering. Can't wait to try mine!

Oh the Wrinkle/antiaging mask? I feel like that might be a bit too moisturizing on me but let us know if it's good! Hope you enjoy your goodies, cheers!

3 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 3 replies
  • 13 Hearts Given
  • 2 Contributors
Photos5
  • 20170128_151148.jpg
  • 20170128_151211.jpg
  • 20170128_151430.jpg
  • 20170128_151659.jpg
  • 20170128_215552.jpg
testing