Samples vs. full sized products

This may all be in my head, but sometimes after falling in love with a sample of a product (pre-packaged, not the little canisters filled by Sephora associates), I purchase the full sized version only to have the honeymoon soon end. Once or twice the thought popped in my head that I was getting a better quality product in the sample to lure me into the full-sized version, but I know that this can't be true.

Has anyone else experienced this loss of love phenomenon?

Re: Samples vs. full sized products

(0) Hearts

Maybe it's because you might get used to the product, and it turns inaffective. Like I got a sample of Sugar lip balm as a birthday gift, several days, it worked, and then all of a sudden it began to act up on me. 

First let me say "thank you for validating me!  I got a sample of UD beauty balm and it was beautiful. Then I decided to buy the full size and it was orangy!

(0) Hearts

I've only experience the opposite and mostly with the samples the associates pack for me in store.  Hated the sample, but felt like I should get it to give it a second chance.  My theory is that the samples get really disgusting really quickly regardless of how clean a display may look.  I think this is especially true for the skin care samples.  They can't keep an eye on all corners of the store at all times.  

So now, when I try new skin care, I just get the full size and return it if it doesn't work out.  

(0) Hearts

Well please don't feel alone I have it happen to me before also, not exactly sure what is but I've noticed it in the past and just thought it was me .

(0) Hearts

I've had this happen a few times, even when getting a sample filled at Sephora itself. Ive had it happen with eye primers that were great while I was testing the sample but then I bought the full size and it would crease or bother my eyes! Or with skin care samples that work awesomely to clear up my skin and then when I use