Sample tip and save yourself $34 on concealer

So I got this sample concealer from Givenchy and as some of you may know it is super expensive. The sample size contains 2 ml and the regular sized concealer has 1.5 ml and retails for $34. Kinda ridiculous that they give more product for free and charge such a ridiculous price (its more expensive than some drugs per ounce

Since foil samples can  be a mess I decided to save it in a container that they give at Sephora stores when you request a sample. Voila! Saves me $34 bucks and no mess! (I did stain my sheets with some concelaer as I was applying it in bed though) Just sharing this in case somebody hasnt thought about it. 20140117_034539.jpg

Re: Sample tip and save yourself $34 on concealer

(0) Hearts

Great tip!

Thank you it's very nice of you to share this tip,

Lol now i know Smiley Happy

(0) Hearts

I have like 3 of these in the trade section if anyone wants them!

(0) Hearts

thats awesome! What color was the sample, btw? 

(0) Hearts

It was in #4 which if I am not mistaken is called macaroon 

i did the math on this one back in the early fall, i think it comes out to about $45 worth of product in the little foils. too bad the color doesn't work for me! 

Nicccce!   And Nordstrom cosmetic counters have great little sample containers with screw on lids.  Of course, they'll wanna put a sample in the jar when I just want the jar for my sample.  What?!?!

(0) Hearts

I'm glad you pointed this out. I didn't even notice!

I tend to try and get my hands on lots of samples of things I really love instead of buying the product sometimes for as long as I can...but I never thought to depot them to a container.  I also never noticed that a sample is bigger than the actual product, but I will pay attention now!

what a great tip! I will admit I never thought of this before. I guess I haven't been in the game long enough to learn all the tricks! 

Thanks for sharing Smiley Happy

I totally do the same thing with my samples! I squeeze them out into little twist jar containers and honestly, I get so much use out of them and don't have to spend a ton on high end products. I just make sure I pick the good ones out when I select my 3 free samples with every Sephora order.

It's funny you posted this, i just did this on Tuesday i think, I have about 6 samples packets of it, so i was like hmm, I guess i should even try it before i keep gathering more samples! I'm not sure how i feel about it. I used it under my eyes but i just feel like it did nothing, i may have to compare one eye with and one without. But i don't have dark circles or anything! So i guess it makes since i see no difference. 

Wow! Just realized I had a sample of it from my last order. I just put it in a pot. There is a ton of product!

Now if only the sample packet were a lighter color. Smiley Happy

If you want a larger stock of sample pots, check on ebay.  You can get ones with sifter inserts as well.  I bought a set with several sizes to try and then ordered the size I thought was useful.  They're great for traveling with a small amount of stuff (although I use the Sephora ones for samples all the time, too.)

Now, I think that an entire packet of that sample might not stay good before it's used up, but since it was free, who cares?

(0) Hearts

when it was posted about months ago, someone said that they mixed the too dark color with face lotion to make a foundation and it supposedly worked great.

That's a smart idea if you're close to that shade! I've mixed it with body lotion and used it to "bronze" my legs so they don't look quite so fluorescent Smiley Very Happy

(0) Hearts

We like fluorescent Smiley Happy

(0) Hearts

If it's too dark for regular highlighting, can you use it as a bronzer/contouring cream?  I've not tried much contouring since the YouTube videos have intimidating stills of faces with geometric patterns painted on them.  

(0) Hearts

yep, i did this with mine been using it for months!

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
Photos6
  • 20140117_034539.jpg
  • upload_2248592216766994466.jpg
  • upload_9094413164684112753.jpg
  • hkclc.jpg
  • image.jpg
  • Screenshot_2014-01-17-16-36-15-1.png