Perfection221

SHISEIDO, MURAD OR NARS?

I normally have dry skin but as soon as I put on make up the oil starts to come out leaving my face very shiny. I'm looking for a moisturizer that will keep my face looking shine-free and matte for most of the day. I typically use a drug store brand moisturizer under my makeup which consists of; NARS Sheer Matte Foundation and MAKE UP FOREVER Pro-Finish pressed powder. I've read some great reviews about the following products
SHISEIDO  Pureness Matifying Moisturizer Oil-Free 
MURAD  Oil-Control Mattifier SPF 15 PA++
NARS  Aqua Gel Luminous Oil-Free Moisturizer
I got a sample and of the Murad Mattifier and got good results but I would like to explore further and get some input as to what people think about the other two.

BeautyJunkie325

Re: SHISEIDO, MURAD OR NARS?

(0) Hearts

What are you using for your skincare?  Are you using the same cleanser morning & night?  If you typically have dry skin I would think it could be your skincare routine that could be causing the extra oil production.  I have oily skin, but I find if I'm using items that are too drying, my skin retaliates by producing more oil.  It is a very delicate balance.  For me, I use a deeper cleaning cleanser at night, use my serum and a moisturizer before bed.  In the morning, I'll use a lighter cleanser and mattifying moisturizer in the morning under my make-up.

That being said, I love Shiseido's Pureness moisturizer as it does keep the oil on my skin under control during the day.  

SDdenm

(0) Hearts

I have the Shiseido  Pureness Matifying moisturizer and I have oily/combo skin and it doesnt do anything for my dry spots. I always have to go back with another moisturizer in those spots. And overall, I dont find this moisturizer to help with my oiliness.

andyhtrieu

(0) Hearts

What's your current morning and night skincare routine? And have you tried using a primer underneath your makeup? Primers can help mattify and control oil. 

Conversation Stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 heart
  • 4 in conversation
    • BeautyJunkie325
    • SDdenm
    • andyhtrieu
    • Perfection221