mintie411

Rinse Free Cleanser for the AM?

(0) Hearts

i'm super lazy in the morning and my skin is normal. I'm looking for a no rinse cleanser to use on some cotton wool in the morning to freshen up and prep my face for sunscreen and makeup. I was looking at the Dior instant cleansing water and caudal is instant cleansing water. Thoughts in either of them? Any others I should be looking at? I would love it if it could remove last traces of makeup too!

mintie411

Re: Rinse Free Cleanser for the AM?

(0) Hearts

Nvm I see its spa water...it looks delightful actually!

mintie411

(0) Hearts

ill check out the KGD- any worry that using something called a makeup remover as cleanser in the AM might be too stripping? I just discovered the lancome micellar water- I feel I just need to in store and cleanse different parts of my face. I'm always doing such silly things in Sephora...

odoriferouscand

(0) Hearts

Thayer's rose toner is really good for this, it removes leftover makeup and is alcohol free and relatively inexpensive.

ChicDabbler

I've tried Caudalie and Koh Gen Do. I am absolutely in love with Koh Gen Do. I know it's marketed as a makeup remover, but it cleanses and hydrates and my combo skin can get away without any toning/moisturizing afterward in the summer if I'm feeling lazy. Caudalie feels like it left a bit of residue, perhaps it's a bit too hydrating for my skin and might be good for someone drier. I haven't tried Dior.

lylysa

(0) Hearts

+1 for the KGD Cleasing Spa Water, I love that it actually makes your skin FEEL clean after. Like Beautytester said, it's geared to be a make up remover, but it's the only one that I've ever used that leaves my skin feeling like it's actually clean to where I don't need to follow up with a separate cleanser.

Odoriferouscand's suggestion of a toner to just perk up skin is real nice. I'm currently using (and nearly out of) The Body Shop's vitamin C toner, it's citrus scented so it's a nice pick-me up in the AM.

If you want rose water, Beautytester posted a thread a while ago with a DIY recipe!

http://community.sephora.com/t5/Off-Topic/Rosewater-DIY-Do-you-use-rosewater/m-p/534389/highlight/tr...

kimchikween

KGD also has a wipe version of the Cleansing Spa Water and it's great!

lylysa

(0) Hearts

Oh gosh, those ARE great!

They're so thick and durable, not some thin, flimsy towel that can't hold its weight in make up. I was really surprised by their quality!

kimchikween

I've been exploring the walking trails near me and used these after a long, hot walk to refresh myself.  By far one of the best cleansing cloths I've tried.  Unfortunately, I wind up going through these too quickly!

lylysa

(0) Hearts

Maybe try cutting them in half? They're pretty saturated so maybe a half will do well.

kimchikween

[ Edited ]

Good idea - I think I was so used to how ineffective one was for the other cloths.  Now that I know I like them, definitely am going to get the bottle.  Love that they have a travel friendly size as well for business trips.

I wish they had these face wipes when I was in college.  There have been too many mornings where I was rolled out of bed to run to class...or to do the walk of shame...

lylysa

[ Edited ]
(0) Hearts

Walk of shame :smileytongue: turned into the walk of fresh skin with KGD! 

The scent is just right too, not too strong, but light and fresh, plus it's not synthetic fragrances used too!

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 11 replies
  • 4 hearts
  • 5 in conversation
    • lylysa
    • ChicDabbler
    • mintie411
    • odoriferouscand
    • kimchikween