DesertRose0706

Ole Truth Serum

So I have been using the truth serum for about a month now, but I just haven't noticed any difference in my skin.  I'm 24, so maybe i shouldn't expect to, and it should be more of a preventative thing for me.  I'm new to serums in general so i'm just not sure what i should be expecting.  Anyone have any thoughts to share on this?  Any tips on how to get the most out of this product?

beautylovingirl

Re: Ole Truth Serum

Using a new product you need to wait at least 4 to 6 weeks to see results and if you don't see results after that then you'll know the product is not strong enough and you'll need to bump it up. Hope this helps!

DesertRose0706

(0) Hearts

I have fine lines around my eyes that I feel are becoming gradually more noticable, and I just want to do everything I can to improve the overall look and healthiness of my skin.  It may be that I need to use it a little longer to really see the effect it is having.  I currently use it two times a day, once in the morning and once at night.

carolang

[ Edited ]

I think Lylysa makes a great point here. It's a great protective measure during the day. I am 24 and have used it for about 2 months now and for me it noticeably faded acne scars a little (but then I started using the Murad hyperpigmentation one - the orange bottle one they had as a *100 pt perk) and that works ahhmayzingly.

Again I don't really see any huge differences now a days beyond initial changes but I think its a great step for during the day to prevent damage from free radicals etc.

lylysa

How long have you been using this and how often during the day?

If you're looking for it to prevent issues, it's might be difficult to gauge if you're not seeing issues occurring or worsening, but then it means it's working.

The Ole serum is meant as a great treatment and preventative measure as vitamin C works to provide oxidative protection to skin, warding off sun damage and environmental stressors like free radicals that can damage skin and cells which result in the darkening of pigment in certain areas.

The humectant, sodium hyaluronate, another key ingredient is a conditioning hydrator. It binds up to 1000 times it's weight in healthy moisture drawn from the atmosphere to keep skin supple and works great on areas like soft lines such as smile/frown lines.

This product can be applied just about all over the face or just on target areas, and works well to lighten post acne marks in a very gentle fashion without the use of harsh/stronger ingredients that may cause sensitivity to UV rays.

lylysa

FYI, any treatment or serum product can take anywhere from 4-6 weeks on average for starting results to show and even upward to 8-12 weeks for full results to be seen.

LolaVal

I agree with Lylysa in regards to how long it may take to see full results.  When I started using it, for the first 4 weeks, I only saw that my face was a little brighter than usual.  However, after 7 weeks, I saw that my face was a lot smoother, my skin tone is much more even, and my pores were smaller.  When I put this on in the morning, I feel like my makeup goes on much smoother and it helps my skin stay matt.  Try to have a little patience with this, your skin may take a little longer to see full results like mine.

DTalksAll

I started using it when I was 28 (about 2 years now). It's a gentle formula, so it does take some time to see results. I like to use it as my morning serum to help my skin fight off free radicals and give that boost of antioxidants.

At night I mainly use serums with retinol or glycolic for exfoliation, help treat breakouts and even out my skin tone. 

There are stronger Vitamin C serums out there, but it depends on what you're looking to get out of it. 

violalea

@dannyc,

What serums are you using at night if you dont mind sharing :smileyhappy:

DTalksAll

Not at all...

In the winter I love the PTR Retinol Fusion PM, it took me a while to work up to using it nightly without drying out too much. I can't use it during the summer months though, the retinol makes my face so sensitive to the sun. 

Right now I'm using the Perricone Blue Plasma, I like it, it doesn't have too fishy of a smell, but it almost seems a little too gentle. I'm not seeing great results, but I've only been using it for a couple of weeks. 

I alterante the blue plasma with the dr dennis gross A/B pads. I know it's not a serum, but they do serve a multi purpose. The towelettes replace my toner (Kate Somerville- also helps fade spots), gently exfoliates, delivers a good amount of treatment ingredients, and doesn't dry me out/make me too sun sensitive. 

Another mild treatment I liked was the Ole Henriksen Invigorating Night Gel. It worked well on my skin for nights I wasn't using retinol. 

There are a few I want to try when I run out of the Blue Plasma; A coule from REN (haven't decided which one really stands out) & dr dennis gross Ferulic Acid + Retinol Brightening Solution (similar to the PTR, but with Ferulic Acid) 

violalea

Thanks for sharing dannyc :smileyhappy:

miabt

Hi DesertRose0706,

Since you are fairly young, I would say that the Truth Serum is more of a preventative item.  It should help brighten your complexion & minimize any fine lines that you may have.  Were you looking to target any certain areas or just all around great skincare?

xo, Mia

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 11 replies
  • 27 hearts
  • 8 in conversation
    • DTalksAll
    • lylysa
    • beautylovingirl
    • miabt
    • violalea