tessie84

New Monthly Subscription Box Service: DooBop!

I received my first monthly subscription box from DooBop last week, and I just wanted to share my experience with everyone. DooBop is a relatively new online storefront that has the goal of providing beauty and skincare products to women of all different skin tones and hair types. They also have an awesome blog, as well as beauty tips and advice (incl. videos, which I love). They just started their subscription box recently, and, after signing up ($15/month, can cancel at anytime), they contacted me by phone in order to determine the best products for me. It was a wonderful experience, and I actually got to have a conversation with co-creator and exec (Chief Creative Officer) Jodie Patterson, which was pretty cool. (They may not always be able to do this, but it may be easier currently for them to do as this is a new service.) I received about $43 worth of products in my box, so I would definitely recommend checking out their subscription --- or at least their website, especially since a $1 of every purchase is donated to Community of Unity. They have the brands below, as well as Becca, Iman, Caudalie, and Nuxe.

I received the following and my calculated estimated cost/value:

LAC Taut Gold Standard Collagen Infusion mask ($10)

Dermablend Professional Long Wear Makeup Remover ($4.40)

AHAVA Deadsea Water Mineral Hand Cream ($4.20)

Earth's Nectar Hair Care Monoi Hair Milk Daily Conditioner ($5.25)

AHAVA Dead Sea Osmoter Concentrate ($4)

Rahua Shampoo and Conditioner packets ($2.16)

Skin & Co. Truffle Therapy Serum ($12.75)

Total: $42.76

They also threw in a handwritten thank you card for signing up.

2014-04-24 17.46.37.jpg

Clemnyc

Re: New Monthly Subscription Box Service: DooBop!

(0) Hearts

This is awesome. It looks so cute.
I am obsessed with Rahua this is the best shampoo and conditionner I have used in a long time.
Thank you sharing!

I will have a look right away.

Is it the only things including in the monthly fee??

tessie84

(0) Hearts

Those were the only things, but the $15/month is a standard/average price for a monthly subscription box and it was worth more than that in product. I would definitely recommend you trying them out since you can cancel at anytime. :-)

talinder

[ Edited ]

I signed up for emails from Doobop in March. I love the concept of the site. I don't really need any more samples, but I'm tempted at $15. Plus I want to support them. 

tessie84

I don't really need anymore samples either...haha. I have a bag of ones from Sephora that I'm waiting to get to, and I've been getting Sample Society for a few months now. However, I really love the concept of the site as well, so I decided to sign up. I plan on posting the new few boxes I receive under the thread here for monthly subscription boxes in case you're interested.

gogreyhound

(0) Hearts

wow! that is a nice assortment, and good service. I may have to check this out--thanks for sharing! :smileyhappy:

tessie84

(0) Hearts

Yeah, I thought the truffle cream and the collagen mask were particularly interesting and unusual.

gogreyhound

I love being able to really try something out without a big commitment or expenditure. I hate just getting dinky foil samples. Those are really generous for only 15 dollars...

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 7 replies
  • 6 hearts
  • 4 in conversation
    • talinder
    • tessie84
    • gogreyhound
    • Clemnyc
Photos1
  • 2014-04-24 17.46.37.jpg