ChicDabbler

Need some weigh in for Tweezerman tweezers.

Ok you guys have persuaded me. After much gushing on BT about these from the ladies on BT, I'm ready to splurge. Now I'm trying to decide which one to get. Normal size or the mini? pointed or slanted?

The tweezer I currently have now is a bit over 3in long. How big is the mini/normal ones? Basically I'm trying to decide if I want to go for a big one or a set of minis:

swfupload_8941696306260920994.jpg

http://www.sephora.com/hot-pink-slant-tweezer-P377005?skuId=1457621

http://www.sephora.com/hot-pink-petite-tweeze-set-P377523?skuId=1457688

makeupmaven

Re: Need some weigh in for Tweezerman tweezers.

Side note, I really love Anastasia's tweezers (they're pretty much a standard size, I can measure at home if you're interested). They grab the hair and not the skin, and they're perfectly calibrated, so if you never drop them on a hard surface you may never need to replace (or sharpen) them. I've had mine for years!

Missie772

The Betsey Johnson Tweezerman Tweezer is back in the sale section:

http://www.sephora.com/betsey-johnson-slant-tweezer-collection-P270300?skuId=1272780

GO AND GET IT!!!

marydiva

Get the mini! I've had two minis and I LOVE them both.

I've never tried the pointy ones, but in my (limited experience) there's nothing that a slant tweezers can't get to. These slant tweezers are INCREDBLE. They stay sharp for ages. I've been using my Tweezerman since I was probably 14. (I'm 17 now, and it's good as new!) I've tried LOTS of pricey tweezers, including Antastasia, which broke after a year and a half. The great thing about Tweezerman is that they have a lifetime guarantee! They're definitely an investment piece that will last you a long time and serve you well. :smileyhappy:

I actually find the mini tweezers easier to use then the large ones, since you can get closer to the problem area and be more exact. I recommend just getting a single mini, not the set of both. :smileyhappy: Good luck!

knadala

I have the pointed one, it great for regular tweezing and precision tweezing. Sometimes the really short hairs can be tricky to extract. I also prefer the large one to a mini one because I feel like it sits more comfortably in my hand which makes maneuvering easier.

DST57

I love love love my Tweezerman mini tweezers and actually just bought another pair when they were in the sale section the other day for my sister for Christmas.  She is very picky (literally requests receipts for everything because she returns half of it) and I am so confident that she will love these that I'm not even giving her a receipt.  I would love a bigger pair and will wait to see if any go on sale bc I would be on that, but the mini is working just find for me now.  Also, I echo everyone else and say that the slant is prob the way to go.

ry22

Slanted definitely

Missie772

I tried my first Tweezerman tweezers last week! I had been wanting one for a while and they had just put up some holiday sets. But I saw a thread about some Betsey Johnson Tweezerman tweezers that were Marilyn Monroe themed that was on sale for $10 from $25 and I jumped on it!

It is the slanted one and it is pretty amazing. I never tried any pointed tweezers so I can't comment on it.

Maybe you should wait for the full sized Marilyn Monroe one to come back on sale so you can get it for $10! Or they often have the mini tweezers for $7.

ChicDabbler

(0) Hearts

Hmmm, I didn't really like the design on it, but the design's not worth $15 extra I suppose. Worst come to worst I can always redecorate with nail polish. =X

Maybe I'll get lucky and it will come back instock during one of the promo/discounts. =)

Missie772

I didn't quite like the design either... but I didn't care! I am saving $15 and that extra money can go into my pocket to buy more makeup!

Fingers crossed you get lucky!!!

ChicDabbler

(0) Hearts

Oh true dat, now that you put it in perspective. DIY nail polish decor it is then. =)

*fingers crossed*

BeautyJunkie325

I have both slant and pointed tweezers.  I use the slant ones for regular tweezing, but the pointed ones are good for short/broken hairs. 

ChicDabbler

(0) Hearts

Hmm, the set is only for minis, so slanted full size it is. Now all I need to decide, is if I want to get the normal pink one or splurge for the fancy design I wanted.....swfupload_8019771146134540451.jpg

Hmmm, why does the fancy tweezers get lower ratings than the pink ones? Extra couple of dollars for an already expensive tweezer.....

pinktorridora

Yeah, that's weird. They should all be the same construction with different color choices.

What color will be easiest to find in your makeup bag or drawer?

pinktorridora

[ Edited ]

I have a slanted tweezer in the regular size and a mini. I would recommend the regular size if you are getting one. The mini is good as a secondary/travel tweezer.

I've never used a pointed tweezer.

Titian06

Hi, beautytester!  I just bought my first pair of Tweezerman about a month ago.  Wow!  They are definitely worth it!  I can't believe the difference between my old pair (and I do mean "old") and these.  I recommend the slant for your first pair.  I think the pointy ones are more for detailed work.  I would not use these as my primary tweezers.  Although I am considering getting a pair now that I have things under control with the slant tip.

As far as full size or mini, it's personal preference.  The full size are 3.75" from end to end.  They fit comfortably in my small hand.  I don't know how much shorter the mini is.  They come with a little cap to put over the tip.

PoshDarling

I have the slanted Tweezerman and love them! I recently tried Anastasia tweezers, and while nice, the Tweezerman wins hands down.

DesertRose0706

i have a set of regular sized slant ones.  i definetely recommend getting the slanted end ones, they just work really well.  i'm not sure what the size difference is between the regular and mini ones, but im sure either size would work fine.

wingatprsct

I've been wanting the slanted gold Tweezerman but it has not gotten great reviews.  I know I would be paying $13 more for it to be gold, but I like gold!

spoiledbrat

i use full size at home and keep a mini in my MissGyver bag - those with the points will poke you to death - the regular slant are the way to go IMO - they come with lifetime sharpening too - 2 minis sound like a good deal - i use them for sewing and crafts too - they are amazing

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 19 replies
  • 21 hearts
  • 14 in conversation
    • makeupmaven
    • spoiledbrat
    • marydiva
    • pinktorridora
    • ry22
    • ChicDabbler