1Emily

Naked 3... anyone else not loving it? :\

I have this same problem with the Naked 2... I feel like all of the colors just get really muddy when you try to use them together. Anyone feel the same and/or have any suggestions? It's so much money that I feel like if I really don't love it, I'm just going to return it.

sweetieeee

Re: Naked 3... anyone else not loving it? :\

(0) Hearts

The N3 looks to pin for me so I'm not even interested specially since the shades are all so similar. I have the Naked2 but never use the shades together I always use the shades separate with another palette or else they look like a horrible mess and muddy /: I should of bought the Naked instead .. Buy o well.. My naked 2 is kinda sitting alone hardly used.. But I love the gold tones !(: 

JayReed

(0) Hearts

I would look at youtube videos to get different looks if you haven't already. Using different brushes will help as well, I use 3 different brushes for eye shadow alone. 

I love mine so much, it has never looked muddy :/ 

bellarob

(0) Hearts

Went into Sephora yesterday and had one of the girls at the beauty bar do my eyes with the naked 3 . Now I feel like I may use it more.  I agree some of the colors are very subtle and not showing up. On the fence? :smileyhappy:

heartsmyface

Use a different brush to apply each color to avoid muddiness. The colors WANT to blend which is why they're so awesome! 

heartsmyface

(0) Hearts

I find with the Naked3 that the colors are beautiful but soooooo close to one another. I seem to get only three distinct looks out of it. I don't hate it but it's not as versatile as the other two. That being said, I think it is great for learning makeup application as it's very forgiving if you muss up! 

mymymack

(0) Hearts

I returned mine, no regrets

sdbeautyjunkie1

(0) Hearts

I love my Naked 3! The colors go beautifully together. I do not agree with the poster who says they are not meant to be used together why would they make a palette of colors that are not meant to be used together. 

m3rma1d

I love N3. 

natyrose

(0) Hearts

The NAKED 3  shadows are not meant for them to be used together they all have the same pinkish undertone and when you have the same tone in all the shadows you put on your eye it makes it look muddy. ( you wouldnt use different shades of blue because it looks muddy right? you got to pull out a brown to even things out ) the Naked 3 to me is merely just to use a couple of shadows for looks with different shadows not from the palette. i knew it when i saw the tester. its not a waste of money for me because the palette overall is beautiful and it has unique colors i can pull from it into my eye looks. it's a fun palette . same with the naked 2 . they have taupe undertones but its easier to use the palettes shadows together than the naked 3. of course the more glittery shades are very flaky BUT those are meant to use wet. and when they are wet they give an amazing metallic finish. for short - i like it.

itscarin

(0) Hearts

I'm not all hot and bothered by it, either.  I think I finally saw a tester for it in person last week, and I wasn't impressed.  Their color "noon-er" is similar to the other matte pink/plum shades in the first two Naked palettes.  Naked 3 is just trying to capitalize off the hype of the first two palettes... and really I think people were only stoked about the first Naked palette.  As long as those Naked palettes sell you can expect to see more iterations of them being rolled out by Urban Decay.  Personally, I found their marketing tactics disgusting.  They were constantly out of stock, and then back in stock, and then oops, out of stock again!  It's like Mark Karpeles saying, "Oops, I just found 200,000 Bitcoins on an old wallet!"  It's transparent and laaaaaaaame.  

My suggestion is that you go to the store and then swatch all three palettes so you can decide for yourself if the colors in Naked 3 are too similar to the first two to actually be worth the purchase.  My hunch is that they are... but maybe you'll feel differently.  

tracygirl64

(0) Hearts

I didn't care for Naked 2 or Naked 3. The quality just isn't there, and the colors did look muddy to me as well. Also, some of the colors were gritty. I returned both of them. I do like the Naked Basics palette, though. 

Kickboxerkelly

(0) Hearts

Ugh, I'm having the same problem! The colors aren't showing up nicely, and they blend in too much with my skin. Maybe it isn't good for people with pink undertones?

jessx1

(0) Hearts

I bought it and I wasn't in love with it...i ended up exchanging it for the naked 2 :/ I was so excited to buy it! The colors just did not work out for me

sbowden

I opened the palette and fell in love.  The colors are beautiful, and though I've only used maybe a third I think they look really nice.  I'm afraid of Dust, I'll admit, but I'll get to it eventually.  

Maybe it has something to do with your skin tone/coloring? I could be wrong. But if you don't love it, don't keep it.  There are a lot of palettes out there!

1Emily

(0) Hearts

No, I love the colors, and I think they go well with my skin tone. My problem is with the frosty finishes, I guess. But I'll work with it. I'm not quite ready to make a decision.

calamityjane85

if you spritz a brush with some mac or other spray it will hold dust to your lid and not go everywhere. its a beautiful color but needs to be tamed! :smileyhappy:

1Emily

(0) Hearts

What do you mean, like a setting spray? I have a mini Urban Decay setting spray

itscarin

(0) Hearts

No no, she means a fixative spray.  They're like 1 part glycerin and 1 part water.  Mac makes a a fix spray, I think MUFE does one, too.  Sometimes you can get away with just using water.  Fixative sprays are designed to make colors appear more pigmented and make them stick better, to a specific area.  You use fixative sprays while you're applying the make up.  Conversely, the setting spray is designed to be used after you've got all your makeup in place and want to make it stay.

jellybean917

[ Edited ]

I was almost positive I'd return mine while I was waiting for it to show up, but I really love it. I read Temptalia's breakdown, and really ended up agreeing with everything she said. Out of all the shades, Dust is the worst - the glitter causes a lot of fall-out. I love the subtle shimmer of most of the shades, and find they work really well together for me. I do need to use a good primer more so with this palettes than others.

The look I did yesterday was Burnout on my entire lid, Factory on the outside/into the crease, N oo ner on the inside, Strange as a highlight, and Darkside (wet) as a liner.

*Edit - forgot a certain word was bleep-worthy

itscarin

(0) Hearts

I really hate the glitter eye shadows.  For some stupid reason, I put Chopper on last night because I liked the base color -- even though I hate the chunky glitter.  Applying it was ok, but when I went to put color in my crease and blend it out, all that glitter went flying all over my face.  ><  I don't know why I didn't think that was going to happen.  I only used a teeny bit of it so I guess I figured it'd be ok.  Seriously, I have no idea what people do with the glitter eye shadows!  They might be ok if they are the only or the last color you put on so you don't have to worry about blending disrupting the glitter.  

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 42 replies
  • 23 hearts
  • 23 in conversation
    • itscarin
    • marydiva
    • tracygirl64
    • sbowden
    • 1Emily
    • jellybean917