1Emily

Naked 3... anyone else not loving it? :\

I have this same problem with the Naked 2... I feel like all of the colors just get really muddy when you try to use them together. Anyone feel the same and/or have any suggestions? It's so much money that I feel like if I really don't love it, I'm just going to return it.

1Emily

Re: Naked 3... anyone else not loving it? :\

(0) Hearts

I definitely, definitely agree with dust being horrible. I don't really think I can work with it at all, but I definitely need to play with it more. I got a look down today and I think it turned out pretty well.

IttyxBittyxMe

I applied it once with a pencil brush and one with my finger and it worked well both times. But patting it on was still a fallout-y mess! I want to try applying it wet and see if that makes a difference.

JennJZ

(0) Hearts

I used dust today as my lid color and loved it. Instead of sweeping the color on as I normally would, I patted it on.  No fallout. I also used UD primer before that. 

1Emily

(0) Hearts

I tried patting it on with a brush, but that was a no-go. I'll have to try my finger like IttyxBittyxMe suggested.

IttyxBittyxMe

When a white base is added to the mix of things it does help make a difference. When I was doing eye swatches with and without a (clear) primer, a lot of the shades did look the same. But when a white base was added it helped the colors pop quite a bit. 

jozkid

(0) Hearts

Absolutely agree with you. Adding white as a base really helped the colors hold true. When I first tried them, I used UD eye primer in Eden and the colors muddied out something awful.

1Emily

(0) Hearts

I saw someone do that on YouTube! I'll have to give it a shot. :smileyhappy:

itscarin

(0) Hearts

I'm trying to find a place that has Naked 3 on display so I can swatch it and see if I even want to buy it in the first place, but it seems like everyone is sold out of it, and they don't even have a tester out!  I have to admit, I'm kind of baffled that 2 of the Sephoras I've been to so far didn't even have a tester out for it.  I get that they're sold out... but no testers?!  I'm not going to buy something I've never seen in person before.  Honestly, the hype behind this palette is so off-putting.

1Emily

(0) Hearts

That's really surprising! When I went to the nearest Sephora (it's a Sephora inside JCP), I went straight to the Urban Decay section, and they had the Naked 3 on display, like on the bottom row of the thing, which I thought was bizarre. There weren't any left there, so we asked one of the girls working and apparently there had been a display out front that we hadn't seen. Really odd about the Sephoras you've gone to not even putting testers out. Sephora often gets on my bad side, and that doesn't help. I feel like a lot of their employees are clueless.

itscarin

(0) Hearts

I asked at one store and they said that all the palettes had been reserved in advance which I guess is why they didn't have a tester?  I didn't bother asking at the second place.  Funny story, one of the places I went to still has Naked 3 in stock according to Sephora's website!  So yeah, not really impressed with Sephora right now.

1Emily

What??? I didn't even know you could reserve products. Do you think maybe the girls working there had just decided they wanted them and saved them for themselves? I've heard of that happening at other beauty supply stores. Also, I'm not sure how reliable the website is. Usually it says that the stock is based on information from the past 24 hours or something like that, so I don't know how sure you can ever be with that. But I agree that what you're going through trying to get the palette is BS!

heartsmyface

(0) Hearts

Yeah but if there's a tester out then more people will know if they want to reserve as well. No tester is dumb business.

marydiva

I can see where you're coming from! I agree that all of the colors are really similar. However, I encourage you to give it a chance. I have three little sisters and so I lined them up and tried to create three different looks with the palette. It's totally possible! You just have to be creative. I swatched my arm and marked down possible color combinations and then tried them out, washed my sisters faces and tried out new ones! 

sweetieeee

The naked three looks nice(: but don't have itI have a feeling the colors wouldn't show up on my skin. I have the naked 2 sadly. I wish I had the naked 1 though ): I don't know what I was thinking when I bought the 2 I  used it like 3 times.

sorry I know I was no help.

1Emily

(0) Hearts

What is your skin tone? Maybe a primer would help?

Teresaanne92

(0) Hearts

I actually love it, I've had to play with it for a bit to get the right look down. But! That being said I deff LOVE my Naked 1 better. Could have been a better palette though!

1Emily

I'm hoping the next palette will have a lot more mattes! I feel like a lot of the problem is the shimmer shades.

Teresaanne92

I wish we had more mattes in their palettes as well. I bought some bobbi brown, and MUFE matte singles because I don't feel like a lot of UD palettes has good colors for different looks. Too much shimmer/frost! And I refuse to do a complete look with shimmer. I hope they make an all-matte palette. Similar to the Basics, but more variety of colors/shades. Otherwise I love it (Except dust! Which is like non-existent on my lid, but is everywhere else on my face lol) :smileywink:

ashee99

(0) Hearts

Can you please explain what do you mean by muddy? I plan on buying the Naked 3

snowshoe

Don't hate it, but don't love it.  The best term that I think describes it is "uninspiring."  I opened it and felt no excitement, no eagerness, nothing.  I find that my Laura Mercier palette moves me far more than this one.

1Emily

(0) Hearts

Did you get the Laura Mercier Artist's palette?? I wanted it SO bad, but every time I go to look, it's not there anymore. I don't recall it being limited edition, so I don't get what the deal is.

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 42 replies
  • 23 hearts
  • 23 in conversation
    • itscarin
    • marydiva
    • tracygirl64
    • sbowden
    • 1Emily
    • jellybean917