Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

My moisturizer was discontinued :( need suggestions

OK so last year I discovered the Peter Thomas Roth Cucumber Detox Bouncy Hydrating Gel, and it was 100% perfect for my issues. I have normal to dry skin, but I live in South Carolina and our summers get soooo hot and humid. In the summer months my skin gets... if not exactly truly oily, the humidity kind of gives me this oily film. Everything about the PTR gel was ideal for me... kept my skin hydrated, not too dry (a lot of oil free or oily skin moisturizers aren't enough for me even in summer) kept me fairly matte without aging me, acted as a great base for my makeup.

But now it's been discontinued! I would love suggestions especially from anyone familiar with the PTR who could maybe suggest something similar. More info: I'm 41, fair skinned, mild rosacea. In the humidity, it is very easy for my pores to feel congested so I prefer lighter weight products, but I do still have a little dryness. No SPF, I am allergic to most sunscreens (definitely nothing chemical like octinoxate etc, sometimes physical sunscreens are OK but I never know until I try, so I prefer to just avoid). Ideally I'm looking for a similar texture to the PTR, but overall something lightweight, slightly mattifying, not overly drying.

Thanks 🙂

Re: My moisturizer was discontinued :( need suggestions

Hello I have the same issue did you ever find a replacement? 😭

@DuchessV I moved to a dryer climate and Tatcha The Dewy Skin Cream Plumping & Hydrating Moisturizer works best for me. I have sensitive skin and it hasn’t cause me any issues. 

@DuchessV 

I have normal to dry-to-DRY mature skin, but I love to layer a gel moisturizer under my heavier creams in cold weather, and over a serum in warm months. Purlisse has two that are very nice, and made for normal-to-oily skin: the Watermelon Aqua Balm, and the Pineapple Bright Gel Cream. Both are oil-free, good for sensitive skin, and I've used other products in each of these lines as well. If you go to Purlisse's website, they'll offer you the standard 10% off your first order for signing up for emails. 

CeraVe PM is great - who knew?  It doesn't have antioxidants in it, though.  

Start your search on beautypedia.com.

I have the same issue and this is what i use now the CeraVe PM, its fine but i miss my bouncy gel 😞

Hi DuchessV,

If are a fan of PTR and you liked the cucumber gel moisturizer then I think you will love the PTR Water Drench Hyaluronic Cloud Cream. It has a very similar gel consistency, is extremely lightweight and incredibly hydrating! It's unfortunately out of stock online right now but I would check with your local Sephora to see if they have it in stock because this product is amazing 🙂

Stay Fabulous,
Zanna

I was thinking the same, I'll try it soon, right now I'm using CeraVe PM.  Feels like I'm on the right track! Hopefully the OP is good now.

1 Reply
Conversation Stats
  • 7 replies
  • 10 Hearts Given
  • 7 Contributors
testing