ChristineBBB

My Mia 2 has an odor. What do I do? How can I get rid of this odor?

My Mia 2 began to have a bacterial odor, so I removed the brush head. Well, the back of the brush head smelled pretty bad, which I tried to gently rinse the inner part of the Mia2. But, is that okay? What did I do wrong?
I've had Mia2 for almost a year, but never had odor problems AND the brush head was replaced recently too. 

I ordered more brush heads, but I'm just wondering if i'm wasting money when replacing won't solve the problem.

If I am to clean the area of the Mia2 where the brush heads fit, how should I be doing this? Can I use vinegar/baking powder/clorox wipes? HELP!!!!!

DesertRose0706

Re: My Mia 2 has an odor. What do I do? How can I get rid of this odor?

every 2 weeks or so I remove my brush head and i dip a cue tip into rubbing alcohol and clean in all the nook sand crannies.  This has helped keep mine clean and odor free :smileyhappy:

jennypenny1995

...Reason #351 Why I No Longer Use a Clarisonic.  You simply can't get the thing clean! I took it nearly apart, used a toothbrush to get down under the head, and still couldn't get it clean.  Mine was white, so I could see everything.  Imagine how much you can't see with a colored one!  : o

DTalksAll

My Plus is white, the Mia is pink. As long as I remove the brush head after each use (3x a week) & clean it once a week, it really doesn't get dirty. 

krunce

I completely understand. I have this problem too with my Mia and I think it's just natural.

What I do to prevent it is everytime my Mia runs out of batteries and I have to recharge the brush, I clean out the head with soap and water and something like a toothbrush. And then, I pour some rubbing alcohol into th ehead and let it sit to disinfect it. I do the same thing with the brush after it's charged to disinfect it.

It would be nice if care instructions like this were included in the Clarisonic package, since I'm sure it's lead to a lot of break outs for a lot of people...

DTalksAll

I'm not sure if it's on the box (I purchased my mia years ago for traveling & the plus even longer), but I do have the insert booklet still & it does state to clean it once a week as per Mia's quote from the site.

ayen85

[ Edited ]

Mine had that odor too! I just mixed dishwashing liquid and bleach,used a toothbrush to clean that area.

pinklissamel

Yikes i hope you can get the smell to go away, I guess I should not keep mine in the shower then. Let us know how it works out for you!!

DTalksAll

I also remove the brush head after each use. When I forget, sometimes I'll get a little gunk build up on the inside :smileysad: 

makeupobesessed

Eewwww, I never thought that a smelly issue was possible.  I haven't had this arise yet.  Now I'll be on the look out.

katie1724

I had the same issue -- mine kept getting moldy underneath (gross!) from being damp and stored in the bathroom. I cleaned it once really thoroughly (even removing the plastic ring that's on the device, under where the brush head sits). Like Mia, I started to remove the brush head after each use, and I have never had a problem since. No mold, no odor, etc.

miabt

Hi ChristineBBB,

Personally, i remove my brush head every time I use it to dry separately, to ensure that all of the residue and soap is no longer trapped under it.  I've also scrubbed the handle with a small toothbrush (or a qtip would work) to get in between the smaller spaces.  You can try to clean it with a bit of vinegar and soapy water & allow it to air dry.  Dont use that same brush head again, I'd toss it :smileywink:

I checked the Clarisonic site for "suggested cleaning" and this is what it says:

"Once a week, wash the brush head and the handle separately using warm soapy water to remove any residue buildup. The handle is sealed and fully waterproof. Never attempt to open the brush handle for any reason. To dry the brush after use, rub the brush head against a towel for 5–10 seconds while it is powered on. Do not use abrasive cleaners or chemicals to clean any part of the handle or brush head. Do not put any part of the handle in a dishwasher.

Unplug the charging cradle before you clean it. After unplugging the cradle, wipe it with a soft, damp cloth. Do not immerse the cradle in water."

Hope that helps!

xo, Mia

ChristineBBB

Mia,

TY so much!!!

Haha.. I hadn't thought of visiting the Clarisonic site itself.

All I could think of was getting help from Beauty Experts like you. :smileyhappy:

Hmmm.. Okay, so I should wash the head and the handle separately with soapy water and attempt to dry the brush after each use. I'll go with your idea to remove the brush for it to dry separately. TY so much!!!

Now, I'll just need to wait for my new brushes to arrive. <3

miabt

No problem, thats why we're here, ChristineBBB :smileyhappy:

This is how I dry mine:

You can also use an antibacterial soap to wash your brush.  I tend to wear a lot of makeup, so sometimes my brush looks a bit dingy... I put a pump of dial soap on it & rub it through in my hand & its good as new!!

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 13 replies
  • 18 hearts
  • 10 in conversation
    • katie1724
    • DTalksAll
    • jennypenny1995
    • makeupobesessed
    • miabt
    • DesertRose0706