ememell

Moisturizer Recommendation!?

I am in need of a night cream, and day cream..or one that could be used for both!

I'm not looking to spend an extreme amount but would love to hear what your favorite(s) are. 

I am 18, so not in need of anti aging products - I have dry skin and a moisturizer that can solve that problem is the main priority. I do have redness and very minimal acne scarring/pigmentation that would be an added bonus if the moisturizer could combat those issues, but it is not a necessity.

What do you recommend? 

RandeeBT

Re: Moisturizer Recommendation!?

Hi ememell,

I recommend trying Clinique's Dramatically Different Moisturizing Lotion +. It is the perfect moisturizer for dry skin. It is basic, but it will keep your skin feeling comfortable and hydrated. :smileyhappy: 

Best,
Randee
enableme

I use pure argan oil at as a night moisturizer. You don't have to buy Josie because there are many cheaper options out there. I bought mine on Amazon; you just have to make sure it's 100% pure! I bought mine back in June 2013 and I just got through half the bottle now. You only need a pea size amount :smileyhappy:

Mine is Elma and Sana, in case you're interested!

melissaleah

Yes!! agreed with crayzeeRN 
First Aid beauty ultra repair cream is amazing. 

I have problems with acne/scarring and oily combo skin w dry patches & peeling. First Aid beauty ultra repair cream worked for me. I've tried about 60 or so different moisturizers. This one helped with any dryness I had & flakes & peeling. It's kind of thick, but I actually liked that about it, your skin will feel really nice in the morning. Also used on neck area too. 

I just recently switched to Perricone MD Face Finishing Moisturizer. It is the absolute best moisturizer I've ever tried, and really works with my skintype, but it is very expensive. If this one didn't exist, I would go back to the first aid beauty ultra repair cream for sure. 

waterbaby1981

For just moisture, Clinique's Dramatically Different Moisturizing Lotion+ would be a good choice.  Fragrance free, so that wouldn't exacerbate the redness. (Perfumed lotions and such tend to make my redness flare up.)  They also have Moisture Surge moisturizer in two formulations, both of which are great for dry skin.

If you have the funds though, Algenist Anti-Aging Repairing Oil ($79, I believe) works SO well on scarring.  My toddler daughter likes to grab at my face and usually ends up scratching me (which looks SO pretty when bleeding and/or deep on my face, of all places).  Ever since I've started using this twice a day, I'm not scarring.  At all.  It's even fading a pretty deep scratch she left on my right cheek last year.  Oil is also a great moisturizer to boot.  Josie Maran Argan Oil is cheaper than the Algenist and works on scars (vitamin E blended in), but I found that Algenist delivered better results on scars that were present for months.

FAB Ultra Repair Cream is great, but I find it to be a little on the heavy side for my face.  However, it also works all over your body and is fabulous for taking the sting out of a sunburn (my sister and BIL found this out a couple of years ago). 

I hope this helps.

crayzeeRN

(0) Hearts

I've never tried the FAB on a sunburn, thanks for the tip! (although I really hope I don't HAVE any sunburns this year to use it on :smileyvery-happy: )

marydiva

Heyyy! Fellow 18 year old here. 

I recommend the Korres Wild Rose Night Facial - it'll help with the acne scarring and pigmentation. It's a night cream and absolutely incredible. One jar lasts 6 months, if that gives a reference in terms of cost. As for a day cream, FAB Ultra Repair is awesome, affordable and lasts forever.. (:

IAmLadyLiterary

I have tried a lot of different moisturizers because I have ridiculously dry skin.  The only one that I have found that really really works is Lush's Celestial, I use this under makeup when my skin is very dry and at night when my skin isn't quite as dry.  It helps reduce my redness because it is really good for sensitive skin.  I do also love both the Tarte Maracuja Oil and the Josie Maran Argan Oil and Argan Oil Light.  

crayzeeRN

First Aid Beauty's Ultra Repair Cream is a dry skin and redness staple :smileyhappy: It is also very reasonably priced for the amount that you get.

Anything that treats pigmentation and scarring tends to be more on the expensive side. My personal favorite is Tarte's Maracuja Oil. This product is seriously packin' the Vitamin C, and reduces scars, makes my skin brighter and does a great job at hydrating my skin and therefore reducing breakouts.

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 8 replies
  • 11 hearts
  • 8 in conversation
    • melissaleah
    • marydiva
    • waterbaby1981
    • ememell
    • crayzeeRN
    • IAmLadyLiterary