weeeeweeeeeee

Makeup and Skincare that smells!

I was washing my face earlier with Fresh Soy wash, and it smells like article,chemically concocted watermelon?

So that's got me wondering, what kinda makeup/skincare products also smells?

I also have a lipstain that smells like fruity candy when I first apply it, then it seems to smell like a floral perfume.

A lip balm (rosebud salve) that sorta smells like roses.

Different face washes that smells like flowers, oatmeal, mint, herbs.

Foundations that smells like flower, soap, lemons.

What about yours?

ry22

Re: Makeup and Skincare that smells!

(0) Hearts
floridab

(0) Hearts

Hello. Has anyone tried the Kevyn Aucoin stick foundation?  I bought some and when I applied it to my face, it seriously smelled like poop!  I just about lost my breakfast it smelled so bad.  It doesnt smell like that until it is applied to the face.  I googled it on the Internet and checked YouTube and there were a lot of folks that experienced this.  Needless to say, I haven't used it again.  I couldn't take the smell.

meagboho

(0) Hearts

I use Body Shop Vitamin E cream on my face all the time, or on wounds since it's great for healing.

BUT it smells chemically.  Kind of like it smelled chemically and then they put a couple of drops of perfume in it thinking it would help.  It doesn't.  My husband won't use in on scars because he hates the smell.  At least the smell doesn't last long?

starsandbucks

I love the smell of Dolce & Gabbana lipsticks. They've got an old school Revlon smell to them that remind me of my grandmother when I was little. Whenever I open one I remember being 6 or 7 and playing around in her makeup stash. 

weeeeweeeeeee

(0) Hearts

I still have a tube of Estee Lauder lipstick from like the 90's and I just love the old school lipstick smell!

rikkie

(0) Hearts

I really like them too, I was trying to figure out what it smelled like the other day and the closest I could come was like a floral Dr. Pepper, haha. 

FuturePedNP

(0) Hearts

Hope in a jar for nighttime may smell like musty feet. It is absolutely repulsive. 

weeeeweeeeeee

(0) Hearts

oh god. that is nasty! I have a sample of it that I was going to try, but not anymore.

blushnglow

(0) Hearts

I enjoy the smell of the Korres Yoghurt sleeping facial.  I've become so accustomed to it that my evening routine doesn't feel complete without it.

Shiseido ibuki line -- overwhelming fragrance for me that ends up sticking on everything( your hands, your towels.)  It smells like someone doused the creams with entire bottles of perfume and sold them anyway. 

SallieSunshine

(0) Hearts

I like the smell (and let's be honest, the taste) of Milani lipsticks. I have been using a deluxe sample of REN's Frankincense night cream, though, and that smell is just TOO much. Eugh.

kbmatthews

I just picked up the MJ Genius Gel Supercharged Foundation, and UGH! It stinks! I can't stand it. I couldn't tell when I tested it in store, but the bottle I brought home smelled like mens deodorant with a slight dirty armpit smell. ON MY FACE. 

Yuck.

PTR's camu camu line smells like self tanner.

As for good smelling things, the Chocolate Bar of course is awesome! And I like the smell of the YSL volupte lipsticks and Guerlain meteorites.

Dior's serums have a sweet, floral smell to them, too.

LariTheLoud

I've noticed that Dior's face products (BB cremes, skin care, etc) have a perfumed smell to them. It's pretty strong! I think it takes a little bit longer to fade away than Guerlain's signature product scent.

Manda

(0) Hearts

I actually like Dior's fragrance that is added. I smells of flowers which I don't find overbearing at all. Nor is the product irritating towards the face. At least, for me their moisturizers aren't.

kbmatthews

(0) Hearts

Hmm, I found it faded super quick on me! I own a lot of Dior haha :smileytongue: But, it is stronger than Guerlains.

LariTheLoud

Oh, I don't mind the scent either way, it was just something I noticed! :smileywink: I want more Dior in my life, most definitely.

kbmatthews

Hehehe. Fair enough! I like both their smells.

Now, for the Marc Jacobs scent.. eugh. Love the foundation, can't get over the smell. It's too bad.

blushnglow

(0) Hearts

hmm, I didn't notice the smell either in the store tester.  I better go back and take another whiff as this was one of the potential items on my list to buy. thanks for the heads up.

jellybean917

(0) Hearts

Perricone MD products smell like fish (Cold Plasma Sub-D is the worst). I know it's because of the amines and they're supposed to make my skin gorgeous, but when I come home from the lab, I don't want to smell it anymore.

I agree about the YSL Glossy Stains. The scent usually dissipates quickly enough for me. I have more trouble with the newer Gloss Voluptes. I can taste the mango/passionfruity smell for like an hour after I apply it. It's not bad, but it's distracting.

jozkid

(0) Hearts

I can't use Sebastian Shaper hairspray. It's not that I hate the smell so much, but it's strong and it lingers forever.

I use Shiseido eye cream and that has a definite floral fragrance, but that dissipates much more quickly.

laurennnlove

I cannot stand the smell of the YSL glossy stains.  i was so disappointed because I have been looking for a perfect gloss/stain for a long time and I really thought that this would be the one.  I have tried it several times but I cannot get past the smell.  It is so strong and its almost like an alcohol smell to me.  I also tried a maybelline mascara (one of the volume express ones) about a year or two ago and I it had a really strong floral scent that I was not a fan of.  I'm usually not very sensitive, but if something is too strong, I will be turned off by it.  

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 35 replies
  • 21 hearts
  • 28 in conversation
    • marydiva
    • yllsen
    • Manda
    • weeeeweeeeeee
    • ladyace74
    • ry22