Majorly Miffed About Samples

[ Edited ]

I know many have noticed lately that Sephora has fallen off the wagon in regards to samples. In a major way. Today I received yet another order without the samples I requested. So I wondered, exactly how bad has it gotten? Since Nov. 6th I have placed 12 orders. That's 36 requested samples. Of that 36 I have received 11. Sometimes the samples were substitutions. Other times there have been no samples at all.

Now, Sephora can claim that they disclose that "substitutions will be made for out of stock samples". All very well and good, but I have been a customer for over a decade. This recent sample fiasco has caught my attention because up until now I have received the requested samples nearly 100% of the time. I am also not stupid enough to think Sephora didn't see/anticpate a problem with the samples and thus removed requested sample listings from the invoices. (This is fairly recent.)

So Sephora, why are you still letting us think we get to pick our samples when in fact we do not? Why is a sample I requested not being delivered with my order but still showing up days later as an available sample? (* cough* Sephora Collection Express Eye Makeup Remover Wipes *cough* Maison Margiela Lipstick On *cough) I realize a free sample isn't something to get my undies in a bundle about... Generally speaking anyway, which is why I haven't said much over the past few months. Some of us though, live in smaller areas where brands like Maison Margiela aren't in store and we place an order specifically for that sample. When we don't receive it, it's a disappointment. When it happens over and over and over again over a period of months... well one starts to think you're either lying or you really need to get your #%$@ together.

Re: Majorly Miffed About Samples

(0) Hearts

The same thing happened to me recently. I'm considering shopping elsewhere from now on. 

Hmmm... so your saying I shouldn't expect my sample Sephora Collection Express Eye Makeup Remover wipes in my March order? harhar... 

Everything about this post totally rings true- I live pretty far away from true urban areas so most local stores carry a pretty limited selection. I rely on being able to test products in store- especially fragrances before purchase! When they don't have the product, and I don't receive my sample- I'm not going to buy!

Seriously Sephora! Please at least respond to all of the comments on BeautyTalk asking about customer service issues!

I love that we have yet to hear a response from them.  I received an order on last Wednesday and had NONE of my samples inside the box...UGH!! 

Conversation Stats
  • 3 replies
  • 5 hearts
  • 4 in conversation