SydBristow

Lots of Samples I Won't Use...How to Put Them to Good Use?

I have some samples I've never even opened and I'd like to see them put to good use. I've seen ideas of putting together sample bags as holiday gifts or also contributing to women's shelters. I don't have a lot though, maybe 5-10 items?

Would love any ideas you might have how I can perhaps donate/share them with someone who would really appreciate having them. They are mostly skin care items like from Philosophy, Murad, etc. so they are nice, i just have a routine that works for me so i dont really try much else.  Thanks! :smileyhappy:

BeautyJunkie325

Re: Lots of Samples I Won't Use...How to Put Them to Good Use?

Check you local counties United Way site.  That is how I found the contact number for our local Battered Women's Shelter.   I donated clothes and books to them. The program director met me at a local coffee shop.

LCResz

I've been thinking about this, so I am going to ask my friends who work in hospitals and hospices if they would accept such donations as well. 

SydBristow

Thanks for all of the feedback! I now have a bag chock full of deluxe-sized and other samples of masks, skin care products and makeup!  I will probably add some fragrance samples too.

Going to try to find a way to donate to a shelter, I may never see the reaction of the woman or women who receive it but I think they will love it!  

knadala

I let my friends and family pick out what they want, I also give some to my coworkers.

You could donate them to your local women's shelter.

Some people collect them, sell them on ebay, and use the money to either buy more makeup, or donate to charity :smileyhappy:

mberteig

I typically save them up and donate them to a women's shelter.  One of my co-workers collects for such a shelter, so I just give them to her.

Missie772

I usually keep the ones in a medium sized Sephora bag by my front door. Friends and family who come to visit get a chance to look in the Grab Bag and take the samples that they want. I also keep a few foil samples and deluxe sized samples of ones that I know my mom and sisters would love and give it to them in a cute makeup bag twice a year as an extra present for their birthday and Christmas.

Every year around the holidays, I take whatever is leftover in all the foil packets, premade samples that my Sephora loves putting in my bag when I check out (we don't usually get foil packets), and the deluxe samples to donate to a local women's shelter. We also collect clothing, blankets, basic toiletries, and my group of friends each chip in to buy socks and bras as well. And everything gets donated for the holidays. Since we live in a large city, we rotate which women's shelter gets the stash that year and whoever is closest to it is in charge of the donations. This year it is mine turn and I am super excited.

TrysBeautyItems

All good ideas. Samples also sell well on eBay, by themselves or in a mixed lot.

snowshoe

I save samples for when I travel; then I don't have to bring full sizes with me.

You could donate them to a women's shelter.

ragdoll4mom

Being a military spouse, I thought I'd give everyone who may not know a heads up.  Although sending stuff to an unknown soldier is a great idea, with all the stuff that has gone on in the past, addressing letters and packages to an unknown soldier will not be delivered.  If you know someone on deployment, you can send a package in their care to share with their unit.  Otherwise for the safety of our troops, it won't get delivered.

SydBristow

(0) Hearts

Thanks for the clarification! 

spoiledbrat

(0) Hearts

Syd-maybe i am dead on here and i don't know it yet? :smileyhappy:

thanks for the good wishes :smileywink:

SydBristow

(0) Hearts

I switched to linear format and am back to give everyone hearts!!  :smileyhappy:

spoiledbrat

(0) Hearts

unknown male or unknown female - i am getting groggy

spoiledbrat

(0) Hearts

i send them to the troops; unknown female soldier or unknown female soldier - donate to women's shelters as well - my friends pool their stuff with mine, plus we give them LOTS of clothes and children's clothes

SydBristow

(0) Hearts

Love the idea spoiledbrat!  I tried to give you hearts but for some reason it won't let me????  The box just grays out.

LadyInWhite

I'm seeing the gray box for everyone's posts?   Maybe it's a glitch.

Titian06

Hi, Syd!  I was going to suggest what @LadyInWhite did.  Put them in the Ladies' Room at work or school with a "free to a good home" sign next to them.  They'll disappear in a flash.

LadyInWhite

[ Edited ]

When I've got a dozen things I don't want, I just leave them on the windowsill in the ladies' room with a "free" sign on the box.  They usually disappear within a few days.  

Also, I completely understand about not wanting to donate them to a shelter.  You feel silly just giving them a handful or two of stuff.  I always mean to let my samples accumlate into a big, non-embaressing pile, but I want my shelf space. :smileytongue:

Meg82

I usually give them to friends who might use them.  People know if they come to my house they can expect to walk away with samples.

But donating them is probably a better use of them, those are women who will really appreciate them and who probably aren't getting many beauty supplies.

thesupergirl

Donate them to a cancer organization that does makeover in Louisiana we have a place called miles perret center ands they give wigs do makeover offer support ( emotionally and financially) and etc.

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 24 replies
  • 25 hearts
  • 17 in conversation
    • mberteig
    • spoiledbrat
    • lilyyy
    • veronika23
    • BeautyJunkie325
    • ragdoll4mom