roxystar4

Lots O' Goodies TSB

[ Edited ]

This box is open for US shipping only. The shipping becomes more expensive for Canada, and takes longer due to border checks. Sorry

Once I get the box back I'll pick out some items and then give the rest to 'The River' (a local organization that takes and redistributes new and used makeup/beauty items to women in need). I've given beauty products to this organization before and they're really good.

* Please make sure every item is in a plastic ziplock bag to prevent spills.

Donts’s

■ DON'T keep the box for more than two days. Keep it moving! If you are traveling or a special circumstance comes up, we can work to rearrange things. (ALSO YOU MUST INCLUDE A TRACKING NUMBER it makes it more fun anticipating your turn)

■ DON'T put unsanitary items of any sort into the TSB. We want to have fun and get gorgeous, not sickly 

■ DON'T put any drugstore items into the TSB.

■ No reserve items in the box for others, and don’t ask to have any items reserved for you. This is unfair to others participating. 

■ DON'T swatch items from the box. This is a hygienic precaution that we must take, as a lot of people will be handling these items.

■ DON'T take more than one of the same sample if multiples exist. Share the love!

■ DON'T take more than what you put in. Please trade at or above each item’s retail value.

Do’s

♥ Please contribute high-end beauty products only. No drugstore items. If you have questions or you are unsure of an item, ask!

♥ Unused, swatched or lightly used products are perfectly acceptable. Well-loved items are NOT (unless explicitly requested by the next person or there has been a posted picture and someone requested that item). Again, if you’re unsure, ask!

♥ Swatched/used items must be labeled as such.

♥ All opened items must be cleaned/sanitized prior to their addition to the box.

♥ Send your address to the person above you in a PM.

♥ Package things carefully! Try to leave the TSB in better condition than you found it ☺

♥ Please seal any items that could leak/spill/make a mess accordingly.

♥ Most importantly, share your experience! Please post a photo and a description of the box, what you took, and what you contributed. 

Allowed:

☆High-end, clean makeup/skincare items (including makeup bags, brushes, etc. If you have questions, refer to other TSB threads or just ask!)

☆Fragrance (be sure to package bottles properly!)

☆Nail polish (again, be careful!)

Not allowed:

☆Pre-made samples

☆ NO used/swatched lip wands (the kind you dunk the wand in or things like stila lipglaze)

☆Heavily used items

☆ Drugstore items

☆Used items that haven’t been cleaned/sanitized

☆Homemade items (save for cards, etc.)

☆Questionable items (always ask if you have doubts!)

If you cannot take photos, Do Not Sign Up, please *******PUT BETTER OR EQUAL PRICED ITEMS IN FOR WHAT YOU TAKE OUT TO KEEP UP THE INTEGRITY OF THE BOX*********

Final Verdict on Mascara- A lot of the GWP mascaras are not sealed. It is ok to include these mascaras in the box ONLY IF THEY ARE UNUSED. Please be honest (it's a matter of health!). Also, please be aware that some of the mascaras may be dried out upon opening them. Only open them if you selected them as your item. Please be honest when it comes to this.

Also, please pick up a large priority box at the post office prior to receiving the box. This is so we can streamline things (get the box to everyone faster in case the box breaks or there's a spill).

-send your address to the person above you -post a picture and text what you are taking and what you put in BEFORE you send the box on.

Roxystar  ------->  USPS 9405509699938328770551

1. Bombshell30 ----------> USPS 9114901230803267192013

2. Missie772 ----------> 9405 9036 9930 0160 2178 57

3. Urbie  ----------> 9405 9036 9930 0165 0269 42

4. Nicrohr ----------> 9405 5036 9930 0278 6485 21

5. ghkim ----------> 9405 9036 9930 0169 9130 95

6. beautytester ----------> 9114901159815806191605

7. SydBristow ---------->  9114901123086969811524

8. lilahtov ---------->  UPS 1ZE0928R0309995983

9. garnett ----------> UPS  1ZE190A90337666873

10. Melde  ----------> 9405 9036 9930 0186 7799 19

11. oklady2013 ----------> 9114901075742343342124

12. beethousand ----------> 9405 5036 9930 0303 5876 89

Roxystar -------> The River

I also want us to put the prices of items going in and out of the box. Other TSBs are doing this and I think it's a good idea. Please post the item amounts along with the pictures and text of what the items are.

melde

Re: Lots O' Goodies TSB

(0) Hearts

looks amazing!

ChicDabbler

I hope you like the tea! I forgot if I include instructions, but each sealed packet is NOT one cup, like a tea bag, but more like 1 pot or ~8 cups. I just pour ~1 teaspoon or less in a cup and fill with boiling water, it's ready when the tea leaves are mostly uncurled and water changes color. 

lol, I was about to ask what the carrot was. Mmmm, now I'm gonna go raid my chocolate stash....

lilahtov

Ladies, I've received the box and I'm going through it as I type this!! Syd was NOT kidding when she said the box was full...every moment I intended to say alright, time to start picking, I found yet another baggie of goodies! It was like an endless pasta dish! :smileyvery-happy:

I'll try to have it out tomorrow or the day after latest. Pics and more info to come!

xx

SydBristow

(0) Hearts

Hope you enjoy!  :smileyhappy: And glad it arrived safely.  :smileyhappy:

SydBristow

The box is on it's way to lilahtov!  USPS Priority Mail tracking #9114901123086969813993, anticipated delivery of Wednesday!  Enjoy, ladies!!  :smileyhappy:

SydBristow

Please note, I have edited my post below with my proposed items to take and contribute, please let me know what you think!!  :smileyhappy:

meagboho

This box looks great ladies, have fun!!!

SydBristow

[ Edited ]

Okay so I've already been through the box and pulled aside what I'm interested in.  :smileyhappy:  Thank you Roxystar, Bombshell, Missie, Urbie, Nicrohr, ghkim and beautytester for a super awesome TSB!! 

This is what I'm thinking about taking - except the atomizer which I think will be too complicated for me so I put it back.  :smileyhappy: I also had a Boscia foil that was camera shy so please add one to the foils list below.  The UD shadows in pans from beautytester are already in cases I had here. :smileyhappy:

LOG3532.jpg

So I think my total would be: 10+5+5+5+6+7+3+11=$52 Plus 9 fragrance samples and 2 foil samples (the Glam Glow pods have $5 written on them so they are in the dollar total above). Most everything had prices but for the items that didn't I had to guess.

This is what I would like to contribute, based on interest from ladies after me in the box:

All brand new and unused:

LORAC cream metallic eyeliner in copper $19

LORAC eyeshadows in Serenity, Garnet and Sand (eyeshadow singles are not available anymore and I'm not sure what I paid for each, so I thought maybe taking regular price of $19 and sale price of $6 and meeting in the middle around $13 each seemed fair?  All are new and unused.)  :smileyhappy:  $39

LORAC full size Behind the Scenes eye primer $21

Tarte inner rim liner in black ~$9 (the nude one on Sephora is listed at $19 but I think this is smaller)

Stila lip glaze ~$9

Contributing value of $97, plus 7 perfume samples and a Hanae Mori butterfly lotion and seven foil samples, including DevaCurl styling cream which rocks, a Marc Jacob thing in there that is buried in the pic and an Eve Lom sample which I think is supposed to be pretty good.  :smileyhappy:

I am packing the box back up to try to ship out tomorrow morning, please let me know if this looks okay.  I built a list of items people wanted so I think pretty much everything I'm putting in has an interested party along the way.  :smileyvery-happy:

Thanks Roxystar for letting me be a part of this TSB!  :smileyvery-happy:

ghkim

looks more than fair! i generally price things at their non-sale retail price whether or not i got it on sale or for free or whatever. except for foils and perfume vials - its just too much work for me to figure those out. i think a lot of things in tsbs were obtained for free, but they have some value to the giver and the people contemplating taking it (ie, deluxe samples), so pricing them at their retail value is the best way i can think of to place a value on these things. i always keep in mind, though, that the dollar value doesn't always reflect the 'hotness' of the item, so when i'm putting together contributions i try to compensate for that as well. anyway, your trade looks awesome - you put some 'hot' items in there that are bound to be snagged quickly. :smileyhappy:

SydBristow

Thanks for the input!!

No matter the value, though, I would still want to put this stuff in, I know some of the items are discontinued but some of the ladies after me expressed interest in them so I believe they will be loved. :smileyhappy:

I agree on the valuation though and will do that in the future.  I think in many cases we got items as GWP, or sale, or in sets. Using retail allows us to compare apples to apples and seems the most fair way. :smileyhappy:

Oh, ladies interested in the LORAC eyeshadows, I stashed all three in the green tea tin. There was room in there and the box is pretty full. :smileyhappy:

ChicDabbler

Yay! Glad they arrived safe and sound, and that you found some stuff you like. *phew*

The tea doesn't count, so if you/anyone like green tea, just take some.

SydBristow

Thanks so much for sending the two UD shadows,  I am really thrilled!! :smileyhappy:

ChicDabbler

I'm glad you like them! Cuz I never use cool toned eyeshadows so if I keep them they'd just be neglected for the next 5yrs until I throw them out. =(

Oh right, the atomizer, you can only fill it from a spray bottle. But, it's more sanitary since the perfume goes straight into the atomizer instead of being exposed to air/mess everywhere. Do you see a little rubber opening on the bottom of the atomizer? pull off the metal spray part of your perfume bottle and you see a plastic tube/straw thing sticking straight up, just align the rubber bottom of the atomizer to that and spritz. =)

SydBristow

(0) Hearts

So I think my total would be: 10+5+5+5+5+6+7+3+11=57 Plus 9 fragrance samples and 2 foil samples (the Glam Glow pods have $5 written on them so they are in the dollar total above). Most everything had prices but for the items that didn't I had to guess. 

SydBristow

The box has arrived!!! :smileyhappy: I am going though it now and will post pics later!! Thank you ladiesof or a great TSB!! :smileyhappy:

ChicDabbler

And the 11lb box is off. I made the lady put fragile stamp on it, and she made me select the contain hazardous/fragile option, but there doesn't seem to be any difference so I let it slide. o.O

Tracking is 911490115981580619160520140424_105209.jpg

That should show up on Syd's doorstep in a few days. Have fun, ladies!

lilahtov

Such adorable tape!! Love me some HK :smileyhappy:

melde

cute tape!!!! :smileyhappy:

ChicDabbler

Ok, here's what's going in and coming out. What I'm taking out:

20140423_173811.jpg6.15+10+6.30+3+20+18+8+9+5? (mini polish) = 85.45

There are still some lippie samples in there, and there aren't much bath&body products, probably cuz those are too big. Otherwise it's a pretty balanced box I think.

What I'm putting in:

20140423_220641.jpg

Spoiler
Algenist Firming & lifting cream $23.50
Ren Micro Polish Cleanser $4.50
Ren Hydracalm cleansing milk $4.50
Murad T-zone Pore Refining Gel $10.50
Murad Essential C Day moisturizer spf30 $11.60
Dr. Hauschka cleansing cream $5.20
Shiseido The Skincare day SPF18 $16.20
Sephora red case+pink atomizer $5 ?
Too Faced Beauty Balm SPF 20 in Nude Glow $3.85
Too Faced Glamour Gloss in Flirt $15 ?
Sephora eyeshadow in midnight kiss $5 actually $13
Smashbox Halo Hydrating Powder $2.50
Tarte Smooth Operator finishing powder $7.00
Jane Iredale Just Kissed Lip Plumper in Tokyo $2 no weight, no idea
Smashbox eyeliner pencil in expresso $2 no idea, can't find online
Sephora OPI nail polish in Skinny Jeans (s) $4
Sephora Travel Size brushes (used/washed once) $2
Boscia Black mask (used once, sanitized) $2
GlamGlow Brightmud $5
Urban Decay lip color in Glinda $3 used once, sanitized/wiped/shaved
UD Glinda palette eyeshadow x2 $6 swatched once, sanitized/wiped
G. Armani Acqua Di Gioia perfume (70% full) $20
Self-adhesive mustaches $5
total $165.35

~$145 not counting the perfume, which is a gift to me and the individually packaged packs of loose leave green tea for everyone (each of the 5 packs is enough for 8-12 cup depending on how strong you like your tea). The mini meteorites sample of Perles Du Dragon I made for Garnett is also not counted. The meteorites for Garnett and the UD Glinda eyeshadow x2 that Syd wanted are both in the tin box so they won't get crushed.

Spoiler
20140417_210232.jpg20140423_220018.jpg

The (very nice looking) Bobbi Brown foundation leaked in the cap so I cleaned it. I can't get the bit around the pump but I sprayed the hell out of it with my 97% alcohol. I'm going to saran wrap the cap so, hopefully it won't, but if it does leak it won't get everywhere. Now then, let me know if there's anything I should add/modify. Otherwise I'm packing it back up right now, hopefully it all fits, and will ship it off tomorrow.

Spoiler
20140423_162718.jpg

Nicrohr

(0) Hearts

Oh gosh thanks about the foundation!!!  I must be a total newb, I really thought it was in a pump with a cap on top so how could it leak... dumb me.

ChicDabbler

Oh it's ok! Its leaking continuously but stops after you get a pool outside the cap, makes me think of how you know sometimes pump or tube stuff kinda gushes out when you open them on airplanes? Might have something to do with the airpressure. Also, since I couldn't get the last bit around the pump, when it leaked outside the bottom of the cap again I may or may not thought that was the pump and spent like 10min looking for the cap. =X

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 290 replies
  • 636 hearts
  • 32 in conversation
    • DTalksAll
    • killahbabe
    • jojobe
    • ChicDabbler
    • mafan
    • bombshell30