Bonnibubble

Looking for An All Around Perfecting Product

I have dry-normal skin with dark spots, fine lines, redness, and uneven skin tone. I also have very bad dark circles and medium skin tone. My hair is really long with loose curls and is dry and lacks shine. I was wondering if anyone would share their go-to products that battle these multiple concerns at once. I also am very consistent with wearing UV protection all over and at least SPF 15, preferably 30.

SailorStacy

Re: Looking for An All Around Perfecting Product

Thanks for the question Bonnie and the response hshoo, I have the same hair issue of dryness and lack of shine.  I'm going to give your recommendations a try!

hshoo

Re: Looking for An All Around Perfecting Product

Hi Bonnibubble-

Hair: Your hair can become dry because of damage, or just dehydration. Both of these conditions would also strip hair of its natural oil and shine. So depending on what you think is causing the dryness/lack of shine, I would suggest either Bumble and Bumble Quenching Complex (for dry hair) or Bumble and Bumble Mending Complex (for damaged hair). I use the mending complex every day, because I have color-treated hair, and it really has reversed some of the damage.

Skin: If you do not have sensitive skin, I would suggest a product with glycolic acid. It sound like you have a lot of past damage you'd like to get rid of- like fine lines, uneven texture, dark spots. Glycolic acid is a strong exfoliator that will buff away a lot of these imperfections and even out skin tone and texture. It also prevents future damage and promotes cell-turnover, so skin heals faster. I use Mario Badescu- Glycolic Acid Toner everyday. Peter Thomas Roth also has some great glycolic acid products that work very well. Try the Glycolic Acid 10 Percent Moisturizer as a night cream.

Conversation Stats
  • 2 replies
  • 3 hearts
  • 3 in conversation
    • Bonnibubble
    • SailorStacy
    • hshoo