From makeovers to personalized skincare consultations

Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Beauty Confidential

Lighted vanity mirror-simplehuman or iHome?

I hope that this is the right place to post this question. I have decided that I want/need a lighted vanity mirror. I have narrowed it down to the simplehuman 5X sensor mirror and the iHome 1X/7X dual sided Bluetooth mirror. It seems like the simplehuman mirror is most popular and best rated (not by too much depending where you look) and the lighting is brighter. The iHome one has a regular mirror and a magnified side, which I like that I can switch back and forth. The Bluetooth feature is nice, but not a big deal to me. The one downside of this mirror is the lighting isn't as bright. Or maybe it isn't such a big deal. I don't live near a store that carries either, so I don't know how bright the lights are or not. I'm just going by the Brightness specifications online. Can you help me choose? Which one do you like better?

Re: Lighted vanity mirror-simplehuman or iHome?

@myumew

thank you you so much for the reply. I appreciate your response! I have terrible lighting in my house and will be moving so who knows what it will be like in my new place. Knowing that won't be an issue is a definite plus. Also, I like how it mimics natural daylight so shades are more true. Thanks again for your help!

Re: Lighted vanity mirror-simplehuman or iHome?

@mrsw09

I've never tried iHome so I may be biased, but I love my Simplehuman mirror. It's gotten to the point where I feel uncomfortable doing my makeup without it! It's definitely crucial if you have bad lighting in your room like me. 

At first I was hesitant because the Simplehuman mirror lacks a regular mirror. I've never owned a magnification mirror so I thought it would be a major con, but I learned that it isn't really a problem especially if you have another mirror (wall, vanity, etc) handy. The brightness and clarity of the mirror is outstanding. I feel like I never have to worry about my makeup looking completely different in natural daylight vs in my room LOL.

TLDR; it's changed my life and I don't regret it one bit!

Conversation Stats
  • 2 replies
  • 1 Hearts Given
  • 2 Contributors
testing