ashleynne

Let's shake it up in here. We all love luxury brands, but what about our drugstore faves?

[ Edited ]

I thought it would be nice to shine a little light on our favorite drugstores products. We talk a lot about luxury brands. So I thought this would be fun to explore and see what other people use from there.

Mine is:

1. Got2b Smooth Operator Smoothing Lustre Lotion

2. Neutrogena Ultra Sheer Dry-Touch Sunblock 45

3. Almay Liquid Eyeliner

4. Neutrogena Healthy Skin Smoothing Stick (concealer)

5. EcoTools brushes

6. Tresemme Split Remedy Leave in Split End Conditioning Treatment

bananachoox3

Re: Let's shake it up in here. We all love luxury brands, but what about our drugstore faves?

Revlon Colorstay foundation

Any Maybelline Mascara

Revlon Lip Butters

kenny

Re: Let's shake it up in here. We all love luxury brands, but what about our drugstore faves?

1. Revlon Colorstay Foundation

2. Revlon lipsticks

3. Wet'n'Wild Eyeshadows

4. NYX jumbo eye pencils

5. Real Techniques Brushes

7.Nyx Blush

starletta8

(0) Hearts

Neutrogena sunscreen

Nivea lipbalm

Boots No 7 makeup remover wipes

Boots lotion

FayeCouturexo

(0) Hearts

maybeline vivids

revlon lip butters

rimmel stay matte

elf eyelash curler

:smileyvery-happy:

ashleynne

(0) Hearts

So I've been seeing a lot rimmel stay matte do use the translucent or is there foundation ones as well? I'm curious as my face gets very oily and a translucent matte setting powder that works well is a plus in my book.

roxystar4

(0) Hearts

I have read differing opinions on this one.  I use translucent (I am a MAC NC20) and it seems to go on a little white but then fades into my skin. I dont use this as a foundation though, I use it to set my liquid foundation or to touch up throughout the day.  Some people say they fade into the skin & translucent is great for a lot of skin tones... other people say you should try to match your color.  I looked at all the colors they have at my local CVS and Walgreens and a lot of them look pinkish to me so thats why I chose translucent.

Spyski

If you already have length to your lashes and crave the most dramatic volume look no further than your local drugstore for the blackest of black phat lashes for 7 bucks!

L'Oreal Voluminous Carbon Black Mascara

swfupload_574599072139049875.jpg

Thanks to @lylysa for this recommendation, it saved my dry legs last winter. Great for sensitive skin, has no fragrance

CeraVe Lotion

swfupload_3139203970280600780.jpg

I can't say anything negative about this root lifter. I'm a hair product junkie for VOLUME (the southern belle coming out in me) The pump lightly mists a wide range of spray to the roots. No sticky residue left afterwards and it's organic! Make sure to blow dry hair afterwards with round brush for maxed out of this world lift!

MOP Lemongrass Lift

swfupload_2092843797865879368.jpg

ellevee09

(0) Hearts

@spyski where do u find the MOP lemongrass lift?

ashleynne

I've been looking for a good root lifter moderately priced of course because I'm a newbie and wanna play around with it to get the hang of the best way to get results. Where do you buy it at?

Spyski

(0) Hearts

Walgreens (some), but I get mine from drugstore dot com

roxystar4

[ Edited ]

I have a lot of drugstore finds- here are my recent faves:

Eyes:

☆ Elf brow kit in medium

☆ Maybelline Lash discovery mini brush water proof mascara (for lashes under my eyes- tiny brush and since it is waterproof no smudging)

☆ Physicians Formula Shimmer Strips eyeliners in Nude (NOT the khol liner)

☆ Wet and Wild Color Icon Trios and 8 pan palettes (comfort zone)

☆ Rimmel Scandal Eyes in Nude (for inner rim)

Some people rave about Jordana Fabuliner but this didnt work for me- it smudged all over my eyes while my Lorac & sephora brands stay put for a while.

Blush/Bronzers-

☆ Elf blush in candid coral

☆ Wet and Wild Blush in Pearlescent Pink

☆ Elf small stippling brush- LOVE THIS!

☆ NYC bronzer in Sunny

☆ Wet & Wild "bronzer" in Reserve Your Cabana (this is so light on me I sometimes use it to set my foundation!) 

Foundations-

☆ Revlon Nearly Naked Liquid Foundation

☆ Loreal True Match Liquid Foundation and Pressed Powder

☆ Rimmel Stay Matte Powder in Translucent

☆ Elf Studio HD finishing powder

Under eye Concealers-

☆ Maybelline Dream Lumi concealer in radient
☆ Garnier Anti-dark-circle roller - sheer tint

Spot/Blemish Concealer-

☆Physicians Formula Concealer RX

☆ Hard Candy Glamoflauge - these run really light. I am a Light Medium in this 

Lips-

I just tried Rimmel Moisture Renew in Pink Chic yesterday and today and havent had any reactions yet & the color is nice.  I had a moderate reaction to Revlon Super Lustrous so i dont like that brand for my lips.

NikkiShops

(0) Hearts

1. Cetaphil moisturizing lotion

2. Revlon colorburst lip butters

3. Maybelline baby lips

4. Maybelline color whispers

5. Neutrogena ultra sheer body mist sunscreen SPF 45

ellevee09

(0) Hearts

just a few of my favorites :smileyhappy: 

roxystar4

(0) Hearts

ive read great things about Sonia K hidden agenda concealer palette. It's currently on my "to buy" list :smileyhappy:

sephoralovex

Revlon Lipsticks

Maybelline Lipsticks

Wet N Wild Eyeshadows

ashleynne

Apparently people are really feeling the wet n wild eyeshadows lately. They must of stepped up their game.

bittersweet86

Yeah their eyeshadows have been great lately and their new nailpolishs are good too. It doesn't hurt to try since they're so cheap ^_^

brittieeee

1. Revlon's Super Lustrous Lipstick.  With ULTA having buy 2 get 1 free, I was pretty happy. 

2. Herbal Essence Shampoo and conditioner

3. Q-Tips... for EVERYTHING! 

4. Vaseline.  I use this for my lips @ night. (After all, all lip balms in the end are petroleum jelly based.)

rezraveillation

(0) Hearts

vaseline!! Yes....wonderful.

lovelyred139

(0) Hearts

I've been really pleased with NYX's Round Lipsticks -- the color range is pretty impressive and they're not drying in the least.  I've a similar addiction to Revlon Lip Butters.  And I love the finish of the L'Oreal Lumi foundation, making it so painful that their lightest shade is a hint too dark for me.  Even so, I blend it down my neck to compensate.  I can't think of another foundation I've tried that I've liked enough to put up with a color mismatch.

For skincare I'm a huge fan of the Burt's Bees range.  If they came out with a glycolic facial cleanser tomorrow I'd be sorely tempted to break up with Anthony Logistics.  Their acne cleanser was the first such drugstore product that made my skin look healthy instead of too dry to produce pimples, and now that my skin's a little drier their Intense Hydration Cream Cleanser has been a twice-a-week savior.

rezraveillation

(0) Hearts

oooh fun!

1) Aveeno skin brightening cleanser....takes all your makeup off e first time, EVERYTIME!

2)Maybelline Baby lips....seriously the ONLY lip balm I will buy again

3) Maybelline Fit Me foundation....If you are looking for that"this is my skin" look that can build from light to med coverage than this is your schtick on a budget. I have both Mac face and body and this foundation....can't tell a difference....but my wallet does!!

4) Rimmel ScandalEyes eyeliners...Super pigmented, incredibly easy to apply...glides like butter, smudges nicely to smokey and will NOT come off...break out the eye makeup remover...it is seriously in for the long haul.

5) Rimmel Fast Drying nail polish...can't think of its proper name but this polish takes a beating from me and refuses to chip or go away!! Another Rimmel product that requires removal LOL

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 51 replies
  • 32 hearts
  • 26 in conversation
    • katie1724
    • kenny
    • sephoramusthave
    • prosopon
    • sephoralovex
    • arielaaaaaaaa