linda84

Korres price increase

[ Edited ]
(0) Hearts

I was browsing around the Korres page to see the new stuff that has come in, and I noticed the price increase in my favorite, Wild Rose cream. I know prices increase every year, but a sudden $3 increase? Who am I kidding I'll still buy it ...ahh...why must I love it so much?

I wonder how they determine which products/brands they'll increase pricing for?

On a side note, has anyone tried the new Black Pine line? I'm so tempted to try it. Korres is my favorite skincare brand, and it has never disappointed me!

dianabt

Re: Korres price increase

:smileysad: Those $3 can definitely add up over time! Or could be put towards another product! I know prices are decided by the manufacturers and not by Sephora directly (unless its our own brand or special set) but I'm hoping they don't go up too much more.

PS. a few comments have been removed due to alert from the community, thank you all for doing so. 

Luv&Lipgloss, Diana
linda84

(0) Hearts

Thanks Diana.:smileyhappy: Hopefully it will be another few years before another price increase. On a positive note, it is still cheaper than a few other moisturizers I have come to enjoy.

Cupcakecandy

(0) Hearts

Bobbi brown shimmer bricks have increased by $2 as well-I still want the shade Nectar though! I am just worried about it coming off toooo glittery on the cheeks, but it'd make really gorgeous, unique eyeshadow though! I think that a $10 increase in the Naked Palette line is really shocking though, but again, it's about demand and quality like everyone said :smileyhappy: I tried to dupe BB Bronze Shimmer Brick with Physicians Formula, and while it's superrrrrrrrr pigmented, as eyeshadows, the strips are also pretty powdery  :smileysad: Like andy said though, I am more disappointed when they decrease the amount of. product. I reallty wanted to try the LipSurgence but not anymore because there's way less product in the Power Pigments.

HarlemJPN

(0) Hearts

Why, oh, why doesn't this happen in my paycheck? :-)

andyhtrieu

(0) Hearts

Kevyn Aucoin Sculpting Powder and Candlelight Powder is still $44, BUT YOU THEY REDUCED THE AMOUNT BY HALF! Before they repackaged, it contained around 6 grams. Now, it only contains 3.1 grams! This makes me sad because I really wanted to try those out. 

gogreyhound

Now, that is a dramatic change too. unfortunately, people will not notice this and still purchase, so the company won't change their actions. I understand that companies have to make increases, but to dramatically decrease the amount of product is not a good practice! sad face!

andyhtrieu

(0) Hearts

The same thing happened with the Tarte Cheek Stains and the NARS Matte Multiple 

ry22

(0) Hearts

The Naked Palettes have experienced a price jump. I bought my first one for $49, and now they are $54. However, this seems more like a case of supply and demand to me.

linda84

I'm so glad I got my original Naked Palette when it first came out. $44, and worth every penny. I agree with your logic. They know the palettes are incredibly popular, so they take advantage of the situation and keep increasing the price. People continue to pay.

lylysa

I remember when UD first launched the N1 palette, there was actually a double ended eye liner and rather than eye primer sample packets it was a mini bottle of the primer (in the old genie bottle design). After that first wave during the launch and how it seemed to disappear off shelves and was sold out everywhere for so long, it was relaunched without the liner and primer bottle and packaged with a brush and samples instead.

I was able to speak with a UD rep who confirmed that the reason why the N1 was "missing in action" for so long was due to the manufacturer of the liner not being able to keep up with production and hence the change overall before it could be put back on shelves.

Funny enough, now UD has double ended pencils to pair up with their Naked line! :smileytongue:

linda84

I didn't even see the "cheap skate" comment....wow someone was having a bad day.

lylysa

[ Edited ]

***I have noticed Mygreathair12's comment of "Cheap skate" has been removed, below was my response to that when it was posted***

You may want to consider how tone can be lost in translation over an online forum.

Your above comment and the one below ("Your worried about three dollars? Really?") don't come across with a very pleasant attitude and if you are making comments with a light-hearted tone you may wish to clarify this better.

As a reminder, Beauty Talk 's Guidelines outline basic post rules:

http://community.sephora.com/t5/Welcome-Getting-Started/BeautyTalk-Guidelines/td-p/21

Calling someone a "cheap skate" is uncalled for, especially when Linda84 is merely sharing her notice of a price increase (while still acknowledging that it won't sway her from purchasing the item) and questioning how to know what brands or products may go up in pricing.

lylysa

[ Edited ]

The reasoning behind why a brand may increase product pricing can greatly vary.

Whether it's due to repackaging, a change in distributor/manufacturer, keeping up with costs for ingredients, or covering reformulations, it happens all the time, even if it's not with an entire line and moreso just a particular few items.

Anthony Logistics' Glycolic Cleanser used to be $21, it's now $26. Funny enough, I noticed the price bumped up to the $26 on Ulta's website while Sephora still had it for $21, but now Sephora's updated as well.

OPI nail polish used to be $7 in Ulta and eventually it got bumped to $8.50 a bottle and now $9.

I remember when Bath & Body Works had their body creams for $10.50 and now they're $12.50. The shower gels and body lotions were $9.50 and now they're $12.50 as well.

It's possible that the more dramatic $3 increase may be due to the pricing not changing for so long. For example, some brands may have more frequent and gradual/slower rate increases, maybe bumping up by 25 cents per year, while some brands may have items that don't change in price for two or even three years and then you suddenly see that $1 or $2 jump. 

kso1225

(0) Hearts

A Bobbi Brown product that I had my eye on increased by $1 in July (I think) and as silly as it sounds, it was enough to make me think twice about buying it.  It's ONLY a dollar, but at the same time it makes me think twice about spending that money.  I still haven't bought it...that little dollar was enough to put it at the bottom of my wish list.  It's the opposite effect of when you catch something you love on sale. 

TrysBeautyItems

[ Edited ]

If you're talking of the wild rose 24 hr cream prices are the original price on HSN, the rest of the prices on that site are normal, no increases. HSN has sets too. The brand is also selling at a handful of online places.

linda84

(0) Hearts

Yeah I have ordered some of their specials before.....Is it too early to start thinking about the Christmas sets? lol

HarlemJPN

I second that! HSN frequently has AWESOME values on Korres.

lachaton

(0) Hearts

Ah, this makes me so sad they don't ship to Canada! Those deals are amazing (especially for the value sets)!

Jessicaclara

SDM carries korres and murale.ca probably does too, they might have some deals... though probably not quite as good as HSN

lachaton

(0) Hearts

Murale does not carry Korres unfortunately, but I know some SDM do - but the pricing isn't any different from Sephora (at my local SDM, at least). I'll likely end up buying from SDM for the points, it's just sad because HSN had a REALLY good deal on the milk cleanser + yoghurt sleeping facial for $59 (same price as JUST the sleeping facial costs from Sephora/SDM).

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 33 replies
  • 43 hearts
  • 16 in conversation
    • lachaton
    • dianabt
    • ry22
    • lylysa
    • dolceloure
    • kso1225