Natural32

Josie Maran Nourishing Argan Matchmaker Complexion Set?

(0) Hearts

Hey, Can anyone tell me what they thought about this set or the products in this set. i read the reviews for it but i still want to know more. I have oily and acne prone skin and i' m trying to fade my acne scars. So, from what i have heard the new thing is to use oil on oily skin to balance it which is kind of ironic but it has worked for a lot of people including me. I never actually use aragan oil on my skin but i used the tarte maracuja oil and it worked well. I know i' m taking a risk if i buy this set because i have never use aragan oil on my skin and the oil might make me break out. This one is for all those girls who i know work really hard to take care of their oily and acne prone skin, but i would love to hear from people with other skin types and concerns. please help because i' m really stumped on whether to buy this. Thanks!sephora 7.jpg

Natural32

Re: Josie Maran Nourishing Argan Matchmaker Complexion Set?

(0) Hearts

Thanks for your help girls!!!!! i will probably go to the store and get samples of the products in the kit to see how my skin reacts to it. Thanks again!

nebel

(0) Hearts

This is probably best!! What works GREAT for someone does not work so well for someone else!!  Another thing you can do is look for a kit that includes one of the products, so if it doesn't work for you at least you get a lot of other stuff to play with!! Sephora includes Josie Maran in lots of it's kits, like this one: swfupload_9038391759174940834.jpg

michmo

(0) Hearts

A while back I was obsessed with Josie Maran products and buying them up as fast as I could.  I loved the feel and idea of the products.  And for reference I have dry/combination skin but do tend to break out along my jawline/chin area.  I have some dark marks from acne scars.  

I used the Josie Maran stuff for about a month consistently.  Over that time my skin was getting worse and worse--more breakouts, more redness, and dull.  I thought it may just take a while to get used to it, but I was starting to get embarrassed without makeup to cover my face.  For me the last straw was when I realized I had two really dry, red patches on the lower side of both my cheeks and it had many similarities to rosacea, which I've never had in my life. I knew it was over for me and Josie then.  I switched to First Aid Beauty products and saw a remarkable difference in one week.  I couldn't believe I kept using the argan oil for so long hoping for better results.  

I didn't seem to have a problem with the daily moisturizer with spf 40, but I'm hesitant to use it now after the oil caused that reaction, although I did use it a little on vacation a month ago and was fine.  

One of the things I love about many product lines at Sephora is that they have travel size bottle you can buy and try.  If I were you I'd try the .5 oz argan oil, which is $14.  If you like that then come back and buy this set.  

I don't mean to scare you off from this.  Everyone has different reactions.  I didn't expect mine.  But after that I'm now afraid of trying any of the oils.  I just wanted to share my experience just in case it is helpful.  

Good luck!

nebel

(0) Hearts

I LOVE argan oil and I also have acne-prone skin.  I do not find that it irritates or makes my acne worse- I actually find it very soothing. I use it all over my body. I especially love the Josie Maran sunscreen that comes in the kit, because it doesn't have that gross SPF smell. 

Conversation Stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 hearts
  • 3 in conversation
    • nebel
    • michmo
    • Natural32
Photos2
  • sephora 7.jpg
  • swfupload_9038391759174940834.jpg