Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Beauty Confidential

January 2017 Favorites!!

I didn't see a thread started and we are already a week in to February! If someone did start a thread, I apologize! But I definitely have some favorites from the start of 2017 that I'm a little obsessed with going in to February. 

• Atelier Cologne: The 31 Days of Perfume challenge got me really excited about a few I already have in my collection and a few I've added, and Atelier keeps delivering for me. I keep picking up samples of others in this brand haven't grown tired of my favorites, like I have with others. 
  • Kat Von D ELL Lolita 2: I think I reached for this the most during the month of January. The color is just perfect for me, and the staying power and wear is the best I've found, in her line and others. 
  • Laura Geller GlamLASH Masacra: I picked up a couple of these during the big LG sale in December, and wore it almost daily in January. It just works for my lashes, I love it. 
  • Fresh SugarLip balm addict, I keep going back to this one.

Re: January 2017 Favorites!!

My January favorites were:

Tom Ford Lips & Boys Bradley, a perfect nude lipstick!

Chanel Glossimer in the shade Seashell, I love the shimmer in this, and it makes a perfect topper over nude lipsticks.

Laura Mercier Ambre Vanille hand cream, one of my favorite hand cream formulas. The scent is comforting, and it is moisturizing without being greasy.

20170210_132542.jpg

The glossimer formula is being discontinued, which is a huge bummer! I wish I'd discovered the formula sooner 😛

That is disappointing! 😞 I hope Chanel replaces it with something really good. 

@angel7594 You always have such nice hauls! I like the Chanel Glossimer formula. I just finished Mica and want to get another of the same but think it's time to branch out since I've been getting this one for years. What are some of your favorites besides Seashell? 

@trishavt Thanks! ❤ I love Mica too, but these are two of my other favorites: 119 Wild Rose (top), and 206 Beige Star. Beige Star is shimmer free, and looks beautiful alone or over nude lipsticks.

20170210_140646.jpg

Things that I cannot live without and will always be on my love list:

• ABH Dipbrow & Sephora's Pro Brow brush
  • KVD Trooper
  • CO Bigalow's Rose Salve (or Lavender Salve)

Things I loved, especially in January:

• Sunday Riley's Juno & Aesop's Parsley Seed Anti-oxidant Hydrator - this combo saved me from the dry winter air without being too heavy.
  • Stila Stay All Day gloss in Terracotta Vinyl -long lasting and wears down beautifully.
  • By Terry Eye Designer Palette  - my go-to for bursts of color.
  • Chikuhodo brushes - discovering these soft, quality brushes was a game changer for me late last year.  I never knew how wonderful it was to use such soft brushes on my eyes! Thank you to all the BT'ers whom steared me the right way 😘

IMG_20170208_191838.jpg

Things I've been loving: 

Maybelline Matte and Poreless foundation- 

I've switched things up to a different formula and finally switched to my winter shade LOL. Took me some time because I'm that lazy? I don't know why but finally using the matte version in 220 instead of the regular finish in 240. I am loving it!!! It's so nice and the finish is great- pretty good matte foundation even for dry skin. I love the coverage as well.

NARS Unfiltered palettes-

I bought both as soon as they were available and have been reaching for both. The powders are so finely milled and pigmented and I am just loving the shades. ❤️

Too Faced Cocoa Contour (medium/deep)-

This I purchased more recently but I've been reaching for it over my KVD and my Tarteist contour palette! (which is saying a lot) Very pigmented and blendable and I am loving the shades. Especially the yellow undereye setting powder. And it smells like chocolate which I LOVE ❤️

NYX Honey Dew Me Up primer- 

I bought this awhile ago and only recently started using it. It has a cool texture- almost goopy but in a good way if that makes sense lol. I like aloe gel and this reminds me of it so maybe that's why I like it in the first place. Seems to refresh my skin and it does feel hydrated.

Loreal Voluminous Superstar- 

Makes my lashes look false and you get a primer/mascara which is nice. Both work well together and this mascara doesn't flake or smudge on me at all. Just love it!

MAC Velvet Teddy-

Finally got my hands on this shade. It's actually really nice and works with my skintone!! I happened to already own Boldy Bare (lipliner) and both pair really nicely- I guess that's why MAC is selling this as a duo on the site!! (so I took a hint lol)

If I remember anything else I will add things later as I remember them!

@jesscheems I have heard NYX Honey Dew Me Up is a good dupe for YSL Touche Eclat. Would you say that's true? 

I haven't tried the Touche Eclat primer so not sure sorry! I don't even have a sample of it -_- @alexasteph unless I do and it's hiding somewhere but I doubt it haha

Ooh thx for the thread!

Alterna Caviar Repair Rx Instant Recovery Conditioner- I got this during an Ulta event. I leave it on for 5 minutes and once I rinse I get the most luxurious silky curls ever! Plus it smells amazing. I've NEVER paid this much for a hair product but I'm like *this* close to saying it was worth it!  

ILNP Chrome & Holographic polish- late to the party on these but I'm officially obsessed! I've made 3 orders since the beginning of January. I like the chrome & holo nail looks but I'm not into doing all the work with the powder, gel coats, etc. The ILNP polishes have a stunning effect with minimal effort.

NARS Soft matte concealer- I know there's been complaints about dryness but I don't have that issue at all since I have naturally oily skin. It's really multi-purpose. I use it for a base, spot coverage and brow cleanup.

BITE Multisticks- So I played with these for a few days after they came out but I never really came back to them. Lately I've been avoiding using powders on my face but since I love blush I've been using these again on my cheeks. Almond, Cerise and Mochi are my favorites!

I've been wanting to try chrome and holographic nails but I never did the research to see who makes them. I'll have to check these out; thanks for sharing!

@HoneyBrownBunny Bite Almond is such a gorgeous color! I haven't tried it on my cheeks yet though! I redeemed it with the promo code last week, and wore it as a lipstick yesterday!

Thank you for starting this thread! @alexasteph

Tatcha Camellia lip balm...best I've ever tried, love the smell, texture, moisturization, everything about it! 

Christophe Robin regenerating mask with prickly pear seed oil. Since bleaching my hair it's pretty dry now and I've been on a mask kick. I bought the mask kit and was looking the least forward to this one because the smell is ugh, but this is honestly the best! All the others I basically had to use the entire tube but this one maybe a quarter size amount is enough. My hair is so soft and shiny and finally healthy looking😃

All the the challenges on BT! Started with the perfume challenge and joined them all, haha. I love using and appreciating the things I own. 

Roots sweatpants!! If I'm not comfy I'm cranky! These are so soft and baggy and warm, Canadian essentials for sure! 

@Haleyhale "If I'm not comfy I'm cranky," I feel you there! 

Tom Ford - lipbalm for men 😄

Someone else in another thread suggested it and it is amazing! Tiny product and expensive but it is so luxurious, not so shiny, not so sticky, smells like chocolate and it works wonderfully.

Now I am curious about this, I might have to buy one! 🙂

you should 😄 liquid lipsticks all day 😄

Ooh I should check this out!

you will love it ❤️

My January favorite list is heavy on the fragrances because of the perfume challenge! 

Spoiler
Armani Lip Magnet, 507 Garconne: I have to moisturize before and after, but this is my perfect shade.

Pinrose Merry Maker: this fruity-floral scent makes me merry!

Commodity Mimosa: I'm obsessed with Commodity fragrances in general right now, and the Mimosa travel spray just arrived today. 

Charlotte Tilbury Quick 'N' Easy Natural Glowing set: I love the Color Chameleon eyeshadow stick! The Beach Stick goes on like a dream, but I wish the color lasted longer. I like Wonder Glow, too. I've been doing the full look (which also includes lipstick in Very Victoria) often, though I haven't tried the mascara yet.

Byredo Inflorescence: this is my new signature scent, and I've been complimented on this gorgeous floral perfume several times already!

IMG_1350.JPG

Conversation Stats
  • 33 replies
  • 87 Hearts Given
  • 12 Contributors
Photos4
  • IMG_1350.JPG
  • IMG_20170208_191838.jpg
  • 20170210_132542.jpg
  • 20170210_140646.jpg
testing