NikkiShops

Is there such a thing as AWESOME makeup remover wipes? Looking to find a brand I love!

(0) Hearts

There are nights where I am just so exhausted I fall asleep on the couch and my fiancé has to drag me to bed (literally).  These are the nights that I sometimes just fall into bed without removing my make-up.  It doesn't happen too often, luckily, but it happens enough that I feel bad about it because I know that leaving your make-up on isn't good for your skin.  I'm looking for make-up remover wipes that are good for sensitive skin and actually remove foundation and black eyeliner.  I have very sensitive dry skin and some of these wipes just dry me out or feel kinda burn-y.  I have tried a few different kinds of wipes- Neutrogena, Simple, and a few others but I can't remember their names unfortunately.  All I know is, I'd like some awesome make-up remover wipes that are good for sensitive skin, remove foundation and black eyeliner (hate when they leave make-up residue! ew!), and don't dry out my skin.  I don't plan on using them every day but possibly once or twice a week.

Also thought I'd mention, I currently use MUFE Sens'Eyes Make-Up Remover which I LOVE to death.  For skin I typically use Cetaphil Daily Cleanser and I will exfoliate once or twice a week using Suki.

Thanks in advance!  :-D

starletta8

Re: Is there such a thing as AWESOME makeup remover wipes? Looking to find a brand I love!

(0) Hearts

I used to be totally loyal to drugstore wipes.

Then, I caved and bought Philosophy Purity Made Simple wipes when they were a 1-day special at Ulta.

They removed my Marc Jacobs Marc'er Liquid Eyeliner!!!!!  If you haven't tried it, it's awesomesauce but stays for-ever.

roxystar4

Re: Is there such a thing as AWESOME makeup remover wipes? Looking to find a brand I love!

[ Edited ]
(0) Hearts

I dont have a recommendation but I do have a product to stay away from - the Simple makeup removing wipes- they didn't work for me.

ps. Im also a HUGE fan on MUFE sens eyes

mpolansky

(0) Hearts

That's really funny how products work differently for different people! I actually love them, they're some of the only wipes that my sensitive skin can stand.

kimchikween

(0) Hearts

I also like Soap & Glory's wipes - the wipe fabric isn't as strong as KGD but the formula is nice and gentle and without residue...it's also currently on sale for $6 USD

swfupload_5571009158527369185.jpg

jaimelove

(0) Hearts

i second kim :smileyvery-happy: these are the best! and i haven't obsessed over them for a while to you guys :smileywink: haha

kimchikween

(0) Hearts

I think you might have been the one to enable me on this when it first went on sale :smileywink: if so, thanks!

lylysa

(0) Hearts

Hands down, Koh Gen Doh's wipes!!! They're saturated with the Cleansing Spa Water, and though it's a touch pricey, they are soooo worth it.

The towels are super thick and the best quality I've come across (from using drug store and high end towels), these things are thick and cloth-like, no flimsy and thin. They're also super saturated, this was the first time I used ONE towel on my whole face and had it leave my skin feeling actually clean and not in need of a follow up manual/traditional washing. It removed everything, from my waterproof liner, mascara, blush, bronzer, foundation, and long wearing and bright lipstick! It even worked well on my waterline/inner lash line and didn't irritate (I wear contacts as well).

The quality of the wipes is what caught my attention first when I took it out the package, they're like the "Viva" towels of the make up world! That smooth, absorbent texture where you can grip each side and tug and not worry that your wipe will rip or get pulled apart.

aviscardi

(0) Hearts

I love the ponds wipes, ive tried all 3- luminous, original, and night calming. I don't have sensitive skin but i do have sensitive eyes and they don't burn

syritt

(0) Hearts

I know it's not a Sephora product, but Yes to Blueberries wipes are amazing. They even get stubborn eyeliner off.

pinktorridora

(0) Hearts

I second the Josie Maran wipes, but those are the only ones I've ever used.

There are a few girls on here that rave about the Soap & Glory ones but I haven't tried those.

sowazupb

(0) Hearts

The Josie Maran wipes are actually quite gentle yet still effective.

I use these when I'm staying overnight away from home. It takes off everything and it doesn't burn the skin or eyes. I have tried lots of brands and I am sensitive as well.

spedteacher74

(0) Hearts

I have not tried any sephora brand wipes, but I have tried Simple Cosmetics brand.  It is marketed for sensitive skin.  Neutrogena also has some which are marketed as "gentle".  Both companies list their ingredients on their websites. 

ChicDabbler

Koh Gen Do cleansing water. I wrote enough love letters about it I'll keep it short here. It feels like water, removes makeup well, cleanse and tones -- does exactly what the description says. I have combination skin and in the summer I just swipe it all over with a cotton pad and don't even need moisturizer before I hit the sack.

I have heard good things about Neutrogena, which you tried, but also Boots no.7 and Ole Henriksen VitC.

calamityjane85

(0) Hearts

yes, go put this stuff in your cart now!!!!!!!! AMAZING!!!!!!!!

kimchikween

Ditto on the KGD cleansing water (and wipes).  KGD website offers a larger container of wipes as well.  This stuff is amazing!  I like it much better than the OH wipes.

lylysa

(0) Hearts

Lump me in the KGD boat! I just left my love/post for it! I used the Ole Vitamin C wipes and though I liked them more than drug store wipes, they do have a very noticeable orange scent and I found the wipe to feel slightly textured, which was good so I wasn't feeling like I need to press hard to remove stubborn make up.

DeltaGammaGirl

(0) Hearts

The Ole Henriksen Vitamin C wipes are AMAZING. They smell so good and are really good for your skin!!

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 17 replies
  • 5 hearts
  • 15 in conversation
    • aviscardi
    • pinktorridora
    • lylysa
    • ChicDabbler
    • roxystar4
    • syritt