lakeisha

Is the new Hello Kitty collection tested on animals?

(0) Hearts

atexas

Re: Is the new Hello Kitty collection tested on animals?

(0) Hearts

Hi Miabt,

Thanks for sharing. I want to point out the statement that shows they are not committed to being cruelty free

"unless it is required by law in specific countries"

Various companies were fooling me for years with that very  misleading line and I also see how you missed it too.

However now that you know, it will become clear that they are saying, we are cruelty free in America but we will test our products in China because that is the cost of doing business there.

I just found this out a couple of months ago and was shocked. To pass along someone else's commentary .. many companies are against animal testing unless it's really really profitable.  It sadens me to share this with you.  

miabt

(0) Hearts

@atexas - 

Sephora does not test Sephora Collection or Sephora Original products on animals, and we do not ask others to do so on our behalf, unless it is required by law in specific countries where we operate. We want to see the practice of animal testing ended entirely and we are a strong advocate for the development and implementation of alternative methods.  I hope that helps :smileyhappy:

xo, Mia

atexas

(0) Hearts

I will also confirm that Sephora's brand and anything sold in China is indeed tested on animals. Even some of the vegan and natural brands are doing this.  :smileysad:

latita

They do because they are sold in China. Many brands in Sephora  (with the exception of Tarte, Urban Decay and a few others) do to meet with Chinese law. 

PipandPin

Sephora sells in China including Hello Kitty and thus requires ANIMAL TESTING.  To make sure that you don't promote animal testing and cruelty here is a link to see the list on "My Beauty Bunny" http://www.mybeautybunny.com/cruelty-free-beauty/

princesspurple

(0) Hearts

I don't think so. Hello Kitty would not want that to happen !!! LOL :smileyhappy:

oliviabt

It's true, all Sephora Collection and Sephora Original br...

It's true, all Sephora Collection and Sephora Original brands are cruelty free, meaning the products have never been tested on animals. Sephroa Original brands include Hello Kitty, Kat Von D, Tarina Tarantino and Tokidoki.

XO,
Olivia
jadorezrg

The Hello Kitty Beauty collection was created by the Seph...

(0) Hearts

The Hello Kitty Beauty collection was created by the Sephora Brand. The Sephora Collection of cosmetics is not tested on animals, so I'm assuming that the HK collection is also not tested on animals.

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 8 replies
  • 4 hearts
  • 8 in conversation
    • oliviabt
    • jadorezrg
    • latita
    • lakeisha
    • princesspurple
    • miabt