IllegallyBlonde

Is Too Faced really that bad??

Too Faced has been my obsession for the last year, and then they discontinued my FAVORITE primer (Primed and Poreless Bronze Tint) and I couldn't order it from Sephora anymore. I went to Macy's hoping they might have some leftovers (and to buy out their stock) and the Sales Assistant told me that TF has been going downhill and is considered the low of the low compared to rising brands like Stila and other regular brands. Really? Can that be true? Their powders have been the BEST (their foundation powder and chocolate soleil bronzer) I have ever experienced.

Is it really a well-known thing that TF is going downhill, or was my sales lady just crazy?!

colorobsession

Re: Is Too Faced really that bad??

(0) Hearts

I feel like there are awesome products from just about every brand that Sephora carries, Too Faced included. I don't know if any of us really know how things are going on the business end of any of these companies and whether or not any of them are hurting sales wise. But at least product wise I think every company has some hits, some misses, both with new products and reformulations/repackaing. I can't see how Too Faced is any different in those respects from any other brand out there, really. 

Also, I love their Chocolate Soleil bronzer :-)

spedteacher74

(0) Hearts

I loved their lava gloss in brown.  It went on so smooth.  They only carry it in black now.  So sad...

garnett

(0) Hearts

I really like the Too Faced Glamour Gloss and they discontinued those too.  :smileysad:   If you are looking to purchase some of the leftover stock you can always try the Too Faced website. I also like their Lip Cream and I really love Shadow Insurance which is their eye primer.  As far as the SA at Macy's- she's just one of those people who likes to hear themselves talk.  Blah Blah Blah!   :smileyhappy:

mityren

(0) Hearts

I love too faced! I've been a fan for years. My company y used to carry alot of too faced and Tarte. I don't care for Tarte at all except there sheer lip tint/balm that they discontinued. I haven't been disappointed by Too Faced yet. To me Tarte is sub par but that's just my opinion. :smileyhappy:  

neko333

(0) Hearts

I personally don't care much for Too Faced. What I have gotten I wasn't impressed with and nothing of theirs ever seems to catch my attention. However I don't like a bunch of brands so don't take it personal. I always find myself gravitating towards Korres and Kat Von D. The Kat Von D thing is funny because I don't even like tattoos (and I only know who she is because my friend told me). I guess I gravitate towards her stuff because the color selection is very "me". If something works for you I say buy it. Just because it doesn't work at all for me doesn't mean it won't work for somebody else. Everyone has a different opinion of what makes something "good". Stila doesn't stand out as something I have to have either.  

mafan

(0) Hearts

I think this is a personal opinion.  I know I love Stila's eyeshadows (but the regular palettes and individual shadows; the combo palettes are made in China and don't have the same quality control from what I've found).  I probably like theirs and Lorac's most.  But I also like my Too Faced things and I've never thought they were lower quality. 

I haven't been using things long enough to have any comparison.  (Although my friend did use all Stila stuff for my wedding makeup and it worked well.)  I just know that I've seen counter reps at Macy's totally put down other lines when it seems that they are working for a certain brand and so of course that's the brand they want to promote.

My personal opinion -- if you like it, who cares.  It works for you, and that's what matters. I don't care what some star wears or some famous makeup artist uses.  If it doesn't work for you, it doesn't mean that someone else won't love it.

joeanne

Just an FYI if you are still looking for the Bronze Tint. They do still have some in stock at Beauty dot com!

IllegallyBlonde

(0) Hearts

thank you!

IllegallyBlonde

Good... so glad to hear that everyone thought she was as nuts as I did. I LOVE TF, but I never tried Stila because nothing really attracted it to me. I panicked for a moment that she knew something I didn't about them going away!:smileysad:

syritt

Definitely a personal opinion. In fact, I've heard the exact opposite from other sales people. Also, from trying both brands I think TF is hands down better tan Stila, but that's just my opinion. ^_^

Kiki1517

I've never heard that and by the looks of everyone else's posts, I think that it really was her opinion. I'm always skeptical of any sales person that really pushes one brand on you because if they were completely honest, they would tell you their favorites/recommendations and they would have to be different brands. I don't think anyone can say that one brand is their favorite for everything. IMO, not one thing from Stila's line has ever caught my eye. I think their packaging looks cheap compared to other brands in the same price range.

malday

Haha what in the world?? I think TF is as good as ever and personally I haven't seen Stila as a rising brand in any way. I really dislike most of their products tbh and I feel like they've been around forever without getting any better.

kenny

I'm thinking that this lady doesn't like the really youthful, girly packaging, I know it can be off-putting to some. But I definitely don't think that this is a universal idea since I think they definitely do have some great products and this lady was just knocking it in comparison to other brands she likes.

DTalksAll

(0) Hearts

There are a few things I LOVE from Too Faced...

Powder Foundation- so soft, easy to apply, doesn't cake

Lip Primer- by far the best lip primer I have ever tried & it's moisturizing

3 Way Lash Linning Tool- I used to love the Stila liquid liner until I tried Too Faced's. I've repurchased it 4x. It's quick to tight line & cat eyes are so easy to do. 

Lash Injection Mascara - Ok so they change the formula every other month. Sometimes it's waterproof, sometimes it's not... but it's still a great mascara

I don't have many shadows from them, just the really old 500 pt perk palette & a glamour 2 go, but I do like them both. 

So yeah... I think the woman is crazy. A lot of times Cast Members & MUA at beauty counters will knock other products/lines because they are pushing a new product. We see it here on BT from the mods all the time. One minute it's xyz foundation & primer & then it's only Marc Jacobs... Next week it will be something else. 

DTalksAll

(0) Hearts

Oh & does anyone know why Too Faced stopped offering single eye shadows? 

latinadiva

(0) Hearts

I think Ulta still sells them. At least the ones near me do.

clarks18

I'm pretty sure that lady is crazy.  i find that most associates at makeup stores generally have little to know knowledge about the acutaly brands and products, at least from my experience lately.  I know that TF is changing a lot of their packaging so some of their products have been on and off the shelves lately.  You could always try and contact the customer service department at TF.  It's probably listed on their site somewhere.  I love TF and would die if that their line went away. 

calamityjane85

Me thinks the sales lady has gone off the deep end. I consider TF the most creative as far as packaging goes, and the products are wonderful. Marshmellow bunny is one of my fav lippies. I dont see them going down hill. 

arielaaaaaaaa

That lady is crazy. Sorry if that's too Blunt but yeah. Everyone has opinions but to tell a customer that isn't right. Too Faced is awesome. And in my opinion i don't care for most Stila products. Of all i've tried, the Liquid Lipstick is the best. But it's just my opinion. But she should not have said that at all. It all comes down to preferences. 

kimchikween

I wouldn't agree with the sales person - I love their La Creme lipsticks!  Are they the best in their price range? Maybe not so, but they have some real solid products.

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 21 replies
  • 16 hearts
  • 19 in conversation
    • kenny
    • DTalksAll
    • arielaaaaaaaa
    • malday
    • starrymom
    • mafan