liveinlovexx

I love my smashbox primer, but it's making me break out!

So I finally found a primer that seemed to have been working to keep my make-up on and keep it looking smooth and great in pictures. The clear smashbox primer. However, I broke out terribly. (Big pimples. Little dots all over my chin.) Now in all fairness, I have been trying out a lot of stuff, so it could have been something else. So I went back to my normal skin routine for a while and then started using smashbox again, and it happened again.

I am torn. I can keep wearing it, and my make-up will look good... but, then in turn, I will break-out and will need more make-up? I don't know what to do.

Any other suggestions?

I do deep clean, exfoliate, wash my face morning and night, and all that good stuff! I am using a glycolic wash and exfolikate. I've been thinking of trying the clinique step 3 toner (I am oily combo) but am afraid to add new things to my routine!

Thanks!!

lucyshnoosy

Re: I love my smashbox primer, but it's making me break out!

(0) Hearts

I find that primers such as Smashbox, which contain silicones, make me break out.  This is  not uncommon, and may be the issue for your skin too.

You can figure out if a primer has silicone in it by checking the product description, the ingredient list, or the Q&As.  Silicons often go by names such as dimethicone: look for words that end in -icone.

I myself have been wanting to test the Korres Greek Youghurt Nourishing Primer and the Tarte Clean Slate Flawless 12-Hr Brightening Primer.  Neither has silicones.

I hope that helps.  Good luck in your search! 

beautylovingirl

(0) Hearts

@livelovexx- Oh sorry I hate that for you but maybe some of the suggestions that the others gave you will work.:smileyhappy:

Yuumei

I totally understand... Smashbox doesn't agree with my skin either. I had the same exact issue with their primer, actually I had reactions to all of their products and had to toss them (except their lip gloss) :smileysad: Like michmo, I also suggest Hourglass Mineral Veil for you (I would recommend this to anyone any age with normal or combo skin), but currently I'm using Becca Ever-Matte Poreless Priming Perfector because it's summertime here and extremely humid where I work and this controls my oily issues the best... just trying to help, good luck :smileywink:

michmo

Maybe the Hourglass Mineral Veil Primer?  

http://www.sephora.com/veil-mineral-primer-spf-15-P210575?skuId=1074442

liveinlovexx

I have tried prime time, but it seemed to burn my skin! Boo!! I wish I could just find a primer that likes me!! :] Thanks beautylovingirl!

beautylovingirl

The Prime Time from Bare Minerals is a great one I use it and I always get a flawless finish. Hope this helps!:smileyhappy:

liveinlovexx

(0) Hearts

I havent, but I can go get a little sample to see how I like that one! Thanks!

keelybt

Hi Liveinlovexx Oh no!  Sorry to say, but if it is the culprit you should really stop using it :smileysad: Have you tried Make Up For Ever HD Microperfecting Primer?

swfupload_7083735811449752464.jpghttp://www.sephora.com/hd-microperfecting-primer-P217906?skuId=1097146

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 8 replies
  • 9 hearts
  • 6 in conversation
    • keelybt
    • lucyshnoosy
    • beautylovingirl
    • Yuumei
    • liveinlovexx
    • michmo