ChicDabbler

I got my Sephora traincase! (a review)

[ Edited ]

*yaaaaaaaaaaaay*jumps and rolls around happily* I was unable to resist the sephora traincase in the sales section and brought it. I was surprised! It was heavier than I expected, but I suppose that's expected of a sturdy case. It's the large size so the buckles are on the side rather than under the handle. The edges are metal and the rest are quilted thin leatherish fabric.

2013-10-22 18.07.00.jpg

Everything inside is covered with foam, the trays, the dividers, and everything (top, bottom, side) inside the case. So if you have a powder spill, better vaccum it up asap and if you got cream/liquid on it....well then, graffitti style it is.

2013-10-22 18.11.31.jpg

The reviews were right, you can't see everything on the 2nd tier and it's kind of inconvinient taking out dividers unless it's the top row. When you pull it up, it hits the bottom of the tier on top before it comes out completely. You have to kind of rotate/tilt it bottom up trying to slide it out side ways. =/

Anyways, I wasted no time jumping into one of my favorite past time, organizing things. =X

2013-10-22 18.58.12.jpg

I'm surprised I was able to fill it (above are all unopened cosmetics, a couple new things coming in, and I have the same amount opened on my vanity). If you have a lot of makeup this is better for storage than everyday use. If you don't have lots of makeup, you can put frequently used on top, rarely used and new on the bottom. Overall it's a pretty good deal for ~$45. =)

ps. The case also comes with key! So if you don't want curious little kids to play dress up with your makeup when you are not home, or your nosy friends/hubby to know how much makeup you have, you can lock it up. =P

pps. If you are beating yourself up for not getting one, don't. This is the 2nd or 3rd time I see one on sale, so if you are patient and vigilant there will be others coming.

Dori1965

Re: I got my Sephora traincase! (a review)

I got one and I LOVE it! I wish I had bought 2! :smileyhappy:

clarks18

Oh I forgot the powder puffs, and the makeup wedges and the UD B6 spray.

clarks18

I wanted to add my picture just so people can see how much stuff I can cram into mine without breaking any products or anything like that.  You may notice no lip products, that is because I am allergic to every lippie besides a couple "natural" lip balms.

IMAG0094.jpg

Palette wise I have in there

- 2 MAC Custom Palettes

- Too Faced Romantic and Matte Eye Palettes

- Urban Decay Black Palette

- Smashbox Hazel Eye and Smokeout Palettes

- NYX Smokey Palette

- MAC Archie's Girls Palette

- Custom UD 4 Pan Palette

- Pantone Colors of the Universe Palette

Eye Stuff

- Tarte Lash Primer

- Covergirl Clump Crusher Mascara

- Between 15-20 Eye Brushes

- 2 Too Faced Shadow Insurance tubes

- 2 Eyebrow Pencils

- Eyelash Curler

- Olay Eye Roller Ball

- Small Scissors (brows)

- Brow Scissors (ones with an actual guard)

- 5-8 Eye Liner Pencils

- 12-15 Single Pan Shadows

- 7 Sephora Liquid Liners

- Tweezers

- NYX White Eye Primer

- Two MAC Paint Pots

- 4 Gel Liner Pots

Face Stuff

- Moisturizer

- MUFE Exiler 

- 2 NYX HD Concealers

- MAC Pro Longwear Concealer

- Smashbox Photo Ready Concealer Stick

- Benefit Hervana and Dandelion Blushes

- Too Faced Solei Milk Chocolate Bronzer

- 2 MAC Blushes and 2 MAC Beauty Powders

- 3 Full Size Primers, Lorac, Benefit, and Hourglass

- 3 MAC Loose Pigments

- 5 Samples size products from Benefit, Sun Beam, Porefessinal, High Beam

- 10-15 Face Brushes

- Beauty Blender

- Murad Face Wipes

- Hand Mirror

**  I AM IN NO WAY BRAGGING JUST SHOWING BT HOW ROOMY THESE SEPHORA TRAINCASES ARE!  **

violalea

(0) Hearts

Jelly and jealous :smileywink:.

ChicDabbler

Hahaha, they are pretty roomy, the bottom and top that is. My only gripe is the middle tier (bottom movable tier) but not enough to dismiss the idea of getting a 2nd train case if it goes on sale. Also, nothing wrong with bragging about your makeup collection, this is BT, where else would you brag? =D

clarks18

I feel like if I don't say that someone will have something ruse to say.  Not that there are lots of people like that on BT there a couple that pop up every now and then.

I agree with you about the middle tier.  I have to put thins with a raised lid on the top row because they usually won't fit on the middle one.  I am totally thinking about getting a second one.  With the 20% off and the new glittery ones that are for sale I don't think I can say no.  Merry Christmas to me.

EllieyJelly

I seriously love the Sephora traincase! My best friend purchased it for my birthday last year. I like being able to make compartments bigger and smaller. The large compartment is a mess for me though :smileysad:

Londonlover101

awww guys, sorry about that :smileysad: wow well then I guess I wont place an order for this either. @mysticalangel and @jojobe

MysticalAngel

Mine also got canceled last night....:smileysad:

They really shouldn't have put it in stock if it really wasn't...:smileysad:

jojobe

Mine got cancelled this afternoon which is crappy because I really wanted that for a Christmas gift and now I can't. They really shouldn't put it up if they are not really in stock. I wonder if that will happen to my Cinderella palette as well

jojobe

(0) Hearts

Mine got cancelled this afternoon which is crappy because I really wanted that for a Christmas gift and now I can't. They really shouldn't put it up if they are not really in stock.

anb0906

(0) Hearts

Anyone who got this at the last minute yesterday, may be getting that order canceled. :smileysad: I called the Rouge line, and they said it is out of stock in all warehouses. No train case for me :smileysad: I also cannot get my Rouge welcome kit that the system FINALLY let me add to that order. No lippie for me...so sad.

violalea

[ Edited ]
(0) Hearts

Its sold out now. Wow that was quick. But it might come back again.

violalea

[ Edited ]

Sephora needs to send beautytester a gift for enabling so many people! I am sure you will get a surprise in a mail from Sephora, beautytester. 

ChicDabbler

[ Edited ]

I don't enable often since I'm super picky/critical. I just lay out pros and cons and let you guys decide, lol. I don't think I will get a surprise in mail from Sephora, altho I'm pretty sure I will get a surprise when I see my bill this month. *sobs* Every holiday season I swear to "fast" during summer, but when summer rolls around I forget how tempting holiday kits are and end up buying anyways. I brought twice as much stuff from Sephora this yr than last yr. X.X

violalea

(0) Hearts

Let me know when the pink available actually on sale better haha and I will let you know when I see it on sale too :smileywink:. Deal? Train case buddies? :smileywink:.

ChicDabbler

(0) Hearts

deal. =)

Londonlover101

Oh my lanta!!!!!!!! I am heading to Sephora as soon as possible to see if they have this,so I can **bleep** it up! I think this is the first product that someone has enabled me to get and I am so excited!! :smileyvery-happy: :smileyvery-happy: <3 <3

arielaaaaaaaa

I was avoiding this thread cause i didn't want to fall in love and want one :smileytongue:

But i think i need this, Mainly for Deluxe samples! They are taking up tons of room!! And i could store my perfume in it!! Ahhh I don't know if i want this more or the Naked Palette i was planning on getting with my 20% off!

mafan

I'm not too worried about deluxe samples if I'm not actively using them.  Or even the incredible collection of deluxe mascaras I have.  I'll be happy if I can keep the eye palettes, blushes, and other things that collect or sit somewhere else because I can't easily get to them collected somewhere.  I can add in deluxe samples as I want to use them.  (I fear I could use more than one case here.)

If I get the palettes off the counter near the sink (not a good place for them to hang out anyway) I can put cleansers close at hand and still find other things.  That alone will make my husband happy.  And then I'll lock it up!  Great suggestion @beautytester. :smileyhappy:

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 73 replies
  • 134 hearts
  • 33 in conversation
    • rosieroseg
    • DTalksAll
    • sephoramusthave
    • arielaaaaaaaa
    • marydiva
    • lyravega