beautytester

I got my Sephora traincase! (a review)

[ Edited ]

*yaaaaaaaaaaaay*jumps and rolls around happily* I was unable to resist the sephora traincase in the sales section and brought it. I was surprised! It was heavier than I expected, but I suppose that's expected of a sturdy case. It's the large size so the buckles are on the side rather than under the handle. The edges are metal and the rest are quilted thin leatherish fabric.

2013-10-22 18.07.00.jpg

Everything inside is covered with foam, the trays, the dividers, and everything (top, bottom, side) inside the case. So if you have a powder spill, better vaccum it up asap and if you got cream/liquid on it....well then, graffitti style it is.

2013-10-22 18.11.31.jpg

The reviews were right, you can't see everything on the 2nd tier and it's kind of inconvinient taking out dividers unless it's the top row. When you pull it up, it hits the bottom of the tier on top before it comes out completely. You have to kind of rotate/tilt it bottom up trying to slide it out side ways. =/

Anyways, I wasted no time jumping into one of my favorite past time, organizing things. =X

2013-10-22 18.58.12.jpg

I'm surprised I was able to fill it (above are all unopened cosmetics, a couple new things coming in, and I have the same amount opened on my vanity). If you have a lot of makeup this is better for storage than everyday use. If you don't have lots of makeup, you can put frequently used on top, rarely used and new on the bottom. Overall it's a pretty good deal for ~$45. =)

ps. The case also comes with key! So if you don't want curious little kids to play dress up with your makeup when you are not home, or your nosy friends/hubby to know how much makeup you have, you can lock it up. =P

pps. If you are beating yourself up for not getting one, don't. This is the 2nd or 3rd time I see one on sale, so if you are patient and vigilant there will be others coming.

arielaaaaaaaa

Re: I got my Sephora traincase! (a review)

(0) Hearts

I use my Deluxe samples often! And i keep them in a container in my room so i have to go back and forth and decide which i want to use and it would be nice to keep this beneath the sink and then take out when i need it! My skincare samples take up a lot of room in my skin drawer and i would love to keep my full sized items only in there, And use this to store all makeup and deluxe samples i don't use often and everything i do use i can keep near me in my drawers! I think if this is available on monday when i plan to make my order i'll get it, if not i'll take it as a sign to get the Naked palette. 

mafan

Until I saw the review I didn't know I needed one.  Now I know that I do, so thanks for mentioning that it was around again.  I might not have thought to check my Loves list in time.  After digging around through a bunch of bags to find things, I really hope this helps me organize/use things a bit better.  Of course it might let my husband better visualize everything I have.

On the good side, it should get some things off of my counter and keep me from knocking stuff into the sink all the time. I really need to get those palettes moved but still handy somewhere.

beautytester

"it might let my husband better visualize everything I have."

Hahahaha, that's why the case come with a key so you can lock it. He doesn't need to know what's inside. *wink*

anb0906

(0) Hearts

A lock? Omg now I'm even more excited! My hubby doesn't need to know!

anb0906

iknowitstoday

It's baaack

violalea

(0) Hearts

Oh no. I missed it again. Please let me know when its back. I want it too. 

beautytester

Oh here's the link! It's not showing up in sales or traincase section for some reason: http://www.sephora.com/studded-traincase-P379554?skuId=1507540

anb0906

Available right now! Get it quickly!

violalea

[ Edited ]

Thanks beautytester!

Thanks anb0906 and thanks iknowitstoday !!!!

MysticalAngel

Thank you sooooooo much for posting this. I just bought it! :smileyhappy: 

I originally had it in my basket last week when it was first posted, but the samples sucked so I didn't get it. I was so disapointed when the samples changed on Monday and the traincase was out of stock. :smileysad:

So happy!!!!! :smileyvery-happy::smileyvery-happy::smileyvery-happy:

anb0906

Omg! Thank you! Got it! So excited!

thank you beautytester  for enabling me for some thing I actually Need!!!

:smileyvery-happy:

anb0906

I want one soooo bad! I can't believe I missed this sale! I hope it comes back!

iknowitstoday

So much bigger than I thought! Wish I had purchased 1 or 2 more

beautytester

(0) Hearts

It's also heavier than I thought! I used a ruler to visualize the dimension so I know it's big. There's at least 1 on sale every year, based on the responses, I guess I'll post a reminder if I see it or another one on sale (I want the pink one! The pink oneeeeeee!)

iknowitstoday

So much bigger than I thought!

smallpio

October 2013 011.JPG

I LOVE looking at how others organize their train cases! So here's a picture of the one I just picked up on sale, too!

This is just about all of my makeup, excluding my unopened, samples, and basic face makeup (foundation/concealer, setting powder. I have that stuff in an easier access drawer with my skincare. I am loving the heck out of it so far. 

marydiva

I store my GLINDA palette on the bottom too! You're so organized and ohmygoodness you must have so much fun with blush! :smileyhappy:)

smallpio

(0) Hearts

The Glinda palette fits so perfect next to the Naked ones! I'm sure it'll only look like this for a few weeks, tops. And I ADORE blush. I didn't really discover it until a few years ago, and it's made me love my fair skin.

kittichick

OMG, that looks awesome. And look at all the Tarte! :smileyvery-happy: :smileyvery-happy:

violalea

That looks awesome! 

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 73 replies
  • 134 hearts
  • 33 in conversation
    • rosieroseg
    • dannyc
    • sephoramusthave
    • arielaaaaaaaa
    • marydiva