kimchikween

I am so tempted to buy this..but...

is it worth $35 (plus shipping)?

Sigma Spa Brush Cleaning Glove

41kXGbQjLdL.jpg

Site description: The Sigma Beauty Sigma Spa™ Brush Cleaning Glove was specially designed as a quick, easy and effective method to deep clean your makeup brush collection. The revolutionary device offers a variety of necessary textures and surfaces for removing all makeup from brushes while using only a small amount of cleaning solution. The dual-sided glove provides a complete cleaning process for both eye and face brushes. Patent pending

I really hate washing brushes (a necessary evil) and really like tools/gadgets like this.

kimchikween

Re: I am so tempted to buy this..but...

Look at the little gift I got with my Sigma order - a mini version of the glove!  It's about 4.5 inches at the longest point

IMG_0107.JPG

BeautyJunkie325

(0) Hearts

I want that one!  It's so cute. 

kimchikween

Not sure how effective it is...but it is definitely cute!  Gotta love "mini" anything! :smileywink:

Aleeya

(0) Hearts

this looks neat! Now I am wanting one lol

annekevdb

(0) Hearts

I have never seen this product. I am probably in the minority here - but I wash my brushes every time I use them - I put my make-up on at the bathroom sink, set aside the brushes as I use them, and give them a quick wash w/ hand soap when I am done. They dry by the next day. I have some MAC brushes that I've been using for close to 20 years and they are still in great shape. 

Aleeya

(0) Hearts

I spray mine with anti bacteria cleaner everyday after i sue them and on the weekends i was all of mine.

BeautyJunkie325

I just got an e-mail from Sigma for $5 off the brush cleaning glove (5OFFSPA).  So I may just try it out.  With shipping it comes to 36 which is better than 41. :smileyhappy:

Aleeya

(0) Hearts

Thanks for the heads up!

kimchikween

(0) Hearts

Yea I have some codes that I may use for the glove..or maybe some new brushes.  I'm interested in their eye shadow bases too..too many choices!

melissabt

(0) Hearts

Hi Kimchikween,

I've always wanted to try one of these types of gloves, it just seems to convenient! I know that Keely just purchased the SEPHORA COLLECTION Squeaky Clean Exfoliating Face and Body Mitt (on sale for $5). I think I might just purchase it too!

http://www.sephora.com/age-defy-kit-P376189?skuId=1432798

<3 Melissa
Aleeya

(0) Hearts

wow, thats the one i ordered last night. i didnt even think about using it for brushes too thanks!

kimchikween

(0) Hearts

I got it, too..can't beat the price!

annekevdb

(0) Hearts

That mitt is awesome. I just ordered a second one for myself. Makes my skin so soft. I love it.

BeautyJunkie325

(0) Hearts

Seeing all these posts made me drag out all of my brushes for a clean.  I have about 4 of those pink sephora face scrubbers so I decided to try it.  It took me about 25 minutes to clean all 50+ brushes I have.  I even cleaned the brushes in my travel bagsI. I may have to try the dog washing mitt. The only brushes that I had to do multiple times were my Bare Minerals brushes, but those always seem a pain to get completely clean anyway.  

clarks18

I do not have any of those.  I brushes keep their shape well if I just hang them upside down to dry or lay them flat.  I have been interested in those little shapers though, just haven't gotten around to buying any yet.

kimchikween

(0) Hearts

Anyone use brush guards for shaping/drying after cleaning brushes? Worth getting - they seem pretty cheap?  Is this something I can easily DIY?

BeautyJunkie325

I'm with melde, I have brush guards that i use when I travel. They are especially good on my fuller brushes so they don't get all squished and misshapen in my brush roll.  

melde

I like the brush guards for traveling. They're very inexpensive!

clarks18

(0) Hearts

kimchikween that is another great idea!  It's probably cheaper than the Sigma mitt too.

kimchikween

Just read a blogger who used a dog washing mitt for larger cleaning jobs.

swfupload_1613883357468373658.jpg

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 42 replies
  • 41 hearts
  • 18 in conversation
    • DTalksAll
    • aviscardi
    • melissabt
    • drrragon
    • poshified