kimchikween

I am so tempted to buy this..but...

is it worth $35 (plus shipping)?

Sigma Spa Brush Cleaning Glove

41kXGbQjLdL.jpg

Site description: The Sigma Beauty Sigma Spa™ Brush Cleaning Glove was specially designed as a quick, easy and effective method to deep clean your makeup brush collection. The revolutionary device offers a variety of necessary textures and surfaces for removing all makeup from brushes while using only a small amount of cleaning solution. The dual-sided glove provides a complete cleaning process for both eye and face brushes. Patent pending

I really hate washing brushes (a necessary evil) and really like tools/gadgets like this.

aviscardi

Re: I am so tempted to buy this..but...

(0) Hearts

I think its preference really. I love mine, at first i was like this is so pricey. But i have a LOT of brushes. like beyond 2 overflowing brush rolls. So i tend to go 20 brushes + in between washing and its helped tremendously. you can buy an actual oven mitt but this one has  a lot more grooves for the different brush sizes. I got the mini sample texture size in my last order and gave it to my friend. She was really skeptical because of the price. but when she tried the sample for her eye brushes, now she wants to purchase it lol

drrragon

I first saw this glove in the winter and I reeaaaalllly wanted to buy it then.  I wash my brushes frequently (liquid foundation brushes get washed EVERY time they're used) and in the winter it makes my hands really dry, chapped, and raw.  In the end though, there's not much difference between that and a $10 silicone oven mitt.  I ended up getting a flat, silicone potholder thingy with the right size nubbies and it works fine  It was only $8! :smileyhappy:

clarks18

I do not own this because I saw Wayne Goss review this and he is right it's an oven mitt ha.  I would never pay that much for this product because I think it's silly and I can get a deeper clean just using my own hand.  

I recently purchased the $5 little Sephora pink face scrubber to help clean my brushes.  It works so well!  It's the perfect size for all my brushes and the little bristles on it go right through all different types of brush hair.  It really helps give a deeper clean.  The bristles on the Sephora scrubber are longer than anything on the Sigma mitt.  I think a lot of the Youtuber's that rave about this product are doing so because Sigma sends them free products.

DTalksAll

I have the little pink Sephora scrubber too & now use it for brushes. It is small, but helps with brush cleaning time. 

Missie772

That is an amazing idea!!!

clarks18

(0) Hearts

It works really well.  Plus it's way cheaper than the Sigma mitt.  

mommyto4

I do own this mitt.  I saw a youtube video on it and laughed at the thought of buying it.  But the more I washed my brushes the more I thought about this glove.  A couple of months after seeing it the first time I purchased it off of Amazon.  I am not a huge fan of Sigma in general.  I don't own any of their makeup, just a few brushes (mostly blending and large eyeshadow).  I do love this mitt though.  It isn't a must own, I agree with that. But it has dramatically sped up and improved how well I clean my brushes.  I love the bumps on it.  I own about 50 brushes.  Almost all eye brushes, one blush, one powder. 

In terms of the price.  It's a one time buy, most beauty related products are not a one time buy.  I would recommend it if you have more than 20 brushes and wash them weekly.

kimchikween

Good to hear from someone who bought it!

I think, right now, I'm going to hold off.  I'm revamping my brushe collection and want to see where I wind up (countwise) at the end.  I am resisting the urge to buy a whole bunch of brushes and this mitt altogether - must be strong, diligent, and do my research. swfupload_182203019921243564.gif

Maybe the price will keep going down.

lylysa

Ooo, good point in mentioning the number of brushes you own/wash too!

I think if you've got a boat load of brushes that need washing the glove can make the cleansing process move more efficiently, but if it's just a couple or even wards to 10-15, it doesn't seem to be as much of an asset compared to 50+ brushes.

rikkie

Very true... I bought a lot of brushes lately from the sale section, maybe I need to rethink this glove idea :smileytongue: 

JenJenz

If you don't mind what color it is the black one is on Amazon for $35.99 with free shipping. You pay a buck more, but it's better than paying for shipping through Sigma. I actually buy all my Sigma brushes off Amazon so that I don't have to pay their outrageous shipping costs. They have a list on the Sigma site of approved retailers on Amazon, so just make sure you check that first. Good luck with your decision....I'm still trying to decide myself :smileyhappy:

kimchikween

(0) Hearts

Nice to know I'm not the only gullib...ahem..."jury's still out" person on this.

poshified

Youtube "Gossmakeupartist oven glove" and see his review on this bad boy! :smileyvery-happy:

kimchikween

Hahaha..I just started watching his videos more consistently.  Love his honesty.  Not sure how I missed this review - maybe because he labeled it "oven glove".

glossyguru

I've heard that it definitely cuts down brush cleaning time, but I don't think it's quite enough to invest in for me, just because I really don't have that many brushes, and I don't mind washing them by hand. But in the future if I get a ton of new brushes, then I would seriously consider purchasing this.

lylysa

I'm going to play both sides here and say that personally, I'm not ready and willing to throw down money for something like this as I don't find any issue with just manually washing brushes. Though ensuring brushes are properly manipulated is important in the washing process, another key factor is ensuring you have an effective cleanser/soap. No matter how many textures, bumps, and layers you can on a glove or how one goes about washing brushes with just their hands/fingers, if your cleanser isn't breaking down the make up trapped within an on the surface, that physical exposure isn't going to do any good.

On the other hand, if you're not a fan of brush washing but feel like this tool would be more of a convincing and motivating factor to do so then I say invest. 

It's all about what will work for you. If getting a nifty textured mitt will MAKE you want to wash brushes and have it not seem like a chore, go for it. But if you're merely trying to get the mitt to entertain the idea of hopefully washing more, I say skip it. The mitt costs around the same as a really decent brush that you can buy and I say that if you invest in good brushes that you feel "Wow, I've sunk good money into great tools" that you'll want to take the time out to maintain and preserve your purchase.

rikkie

Have you read some reviews from people who have tried it? What's the general consensus on whether it works well and reduces time spent cleaning or not?

kimchikween

It's been mixed.  No one was saying it was a "MUST BUY".  A lot of people were instantly turned off by the price.  Some people who said they have a lot of brushes, said it did cut down on the time a little bit.

rikkie

Hmm, I'd probably agree with lylysa then (I feel like this is the correct advice approximately always, agreeing with lylysa!)

If no one says "this has changed my life!!" and it only cuts down on time spent a little bit and only if you are washing a ton of brushes, then it doesn't sound like a great investment. Do you already own anything similar if you are a fan of gadgets? Do you use it or does it sit and gather dust?

tashalicious

(0) Hearts

i'm sure it's a useful product, i just think it's over priced

kimchikween

Sounds like the price has gone down since it was initially introduced.  They probably realized it was over-priced too!

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 42 replies
  • 41 hearts
  • 18 in conversation
    • DTalksAll
    • aviscardi
    • melissabt
    • drrragon
    • poshified
    • lylysa