AWest86

How would the ORIGINS Active Charcoal Mask compare to the GLAMGLOW SUPERMU™ CLEARING TREATMENT.?

I've used the Origins before and a sample of the Glam Glow which reminded me of the Origins. Just wondering if the Glam Glow is worth the price or if the Origins is very comparable to it.

kellsmuneoka

Re: How would the ORIGINS Active Charcoal Mask compare to the GLAMGLOW SUPERMU™ CLEARING TREATMENT.

(0) Hearts

I have both and I must say that I see a much bigger difference with the Glamglow. Origins is cheaper and does help with acne and unclogging pores, but not as strongly as Glamglow. If you have sensitive skin I'd recommend Origins because it's not as strong. I have pretty tough skin so Glamglow is more tingly vs. the burning that most people with sensitive skin feel. I think they both brighten, clear, unclog, and leave your skin feeling smoother but the glamglow is much more obvious on me. I recommend trying origins and glamglow together so that you can see/feel the difference (: I think that glamglow is better for my skin problems. 

kbmatthews

Re: How would the ORIGINS Active Charcoal Mask compare to the GLAMGLOW SUPERMU™ CLEARING TREATMENT.

(0) Hearts

I've tried both a couple times. Honestly, they do the same for me. So Origins wins, since it's a heck of a lot cheaper.

CuriousCannibal

Origins did nothing for me. I'm having a hard time finishing my bottle because the only thing it does is dry my skin out.
I do plan on trying glamglow again (not anytime soon though) because I remember my skin being bright/clean looking, but I don't think it helped with acne/spots or anything like that. But at the same time, I feel like glamglow is overpriced for the results that I got.
(pictures from when I used it a couple of months ago)

securedownload.jpeg

securedownload.jpegsecuredownload.jpeg

heartsmyface

(0) Hearts

I love that you even look good with a mud mask on!  Now that's beauty!!!

Heatoyos1

What a gorgeous natural beauty you are!

CuriousCannibal

(0) Hearts

thank you :smileyhappy:

mpas

(0) Hearts

I didn't see much a difference between them either. 

knadala

(0) Hearts

I've had both and I don't find the Glamglow one to be much different from the Origins one other than in price and packaging. I will say that both products made my skin feel a little burnt and/or sting when I first tried them, but after the initial try, I didn't feel sensitivity anymore.

bratknits

I've used both and I prefer the Origins.  The GlamGlow didn't seem to do anything special and was slightly irritating.  The Origins is also easier to apply with a brush since it's a tube and I just squirt as much as I need into a mini pyrex bowl and paint it on.

m3rma1d

[ Edited ]

I just tried the Origins charcoal mask last night. 
I tried the GlamGlow a few months ago.

I hate to admit it due to the cost, but... Glam Glow wins, hands down.

It honestly cleaned out my pores with just one use, I didn't WANT to believe that thing about how it sucks the gunk outta your pores, but it actually does. And my skin was sooooo soft after.  I imagine using it more will show some really great results, so I do plan on plonking down for it eventually.

The Origins one I did last night did absolutely nothing as far as I can tell. :smileysad:

And now, funny pics of me in both masks :smileyvery-happy:

GlamGlowSupermudClearing.jpg

GlamGlow Supermud

OriginsCharcoal.jpg

Origins Active Charcoal

Urbie

Yes, I am totally with you.  I like Origins and use it regularly because it is cheaper, but it does not do nearly as good a job at clearing out the pores on my nose.  Glamglow all the way for that!

aviscardi

I agree, the origins didn't have nearly the same results

blushnglow

(0) Hearts

I"m partial to Origins.  It's way less messy as it is dispensed from a tube. It's effective. It's more economical. It's my vote.

ivyxox

(0) Hearts

They do the same thing honestly. With Glamglow keep raising its price, I think Origins would be a better choice.

TrysBeautyItems

I have Origins and briefly tried GlamGlow. GlamGlow didn't seem to draw anything out, for me, just seemed to bubble like it does. Origins I still use, it makes the skin feel smoother, pores close up.

Note, I only use masks where needed rather than the whole face, as I'm very sensitive, acne-prone, oily combo.

LindaDD

The Origins didn't do much for me, it felt like it irritated/dried out my skin without actually cleaning. I prefer SuperMud, it leaves my skin much smoother. I do hate that it comes in a jar and it has that weird plant matter in it, but nothing has cleaned my skin as well as it has.

starletta8

It's really personal, but as someone without major acne problems and super sensitive skin, there's no comparison for me: I adore the GlamGlow (white jar) and the Origins caused nothing but problems for me.  I experience no burning with the GlamGlow (white jar only- I can't use the black jar) and I can see the targeted benefits.

SallieSunshine

Agree with mpolansky about how personal skincare is. I don't love GlamGlow because the twigs and sticks in it gross me out. With the Origins, there's none of that. The GlamGlow also burns my skin a little (I'm somewhat sensitive) whereas the Origins does not. Thus, I lean toward preferring the Origins. A couple caveats: I have oily skin, and I am not prone to frequent breakouts. 

mpolansky

[ Edited ]

Skincare is super personal, so what I may like may be completely different than what you like.

I own the full size glamglow, and have tried a sample of the origins mask (I think I got 2 full uses out of it). But I prefer the GlamGlow by far. I didn't notice any difference with the origins. And with the glamglow, you can see it drawing the oil out of your pores, and my skin felt a lot smoother/calmer afterwards. 

I don't see it online anymore, but they had a duo available where you get the fullsize Glamglow white mask and a deluxe size of the Glamglow black mask for the price of just the fullsize (this is what I bought). I would check your local stores and see if they have it, it's a better deal if you're considering purchasing it. 

Edit: I should note I have sensitive, combination skin, and am prone to breakouts. I've had no problem with sensitivity to either. 

(Also, the black glamglow is meant to tingle, the white jar is not)

dpp4v

Both of these masks use activated charcoal to draw out toxins.  I've used both and I think they are similar. 

I use the Origins one more frequently because it is cheaper and I use the Supermud when I want to treat myself.  Just based on my experience, I like the Supermud more and keep buying it because it also exfoliates and seems to clear up breakouts a little faster. 

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 20 replies
  • 22 hearts
  • 20 in conversation
    • mpas
    • aviscardi
    • ivyxox
    • starletta8
    • Urbie
    • AWest86