ChicDabbler

How did you like your Mario Badescu products? (Review)

[ Edited ]

So I know some ladies here use Mario Badescu products, and others have gotten samples from them*. Their lines get pretty good reviews and I really like their rosewater/aloe facial spray so I decided to try a couple more products. What did you ladies get? Any favorites?

For reference, I have oily/combo in the summer and dry/combo in the winter (nowish).

2013-10-21 20.22.22.jpg

Orange Tonic mask - It smells like orange juice but it looks white. It is a thin clay mask, like Glamglow white or Boots Botanic but a little lotion-y instead of watery. It's a soft mask and you can feel a gentle tightening as it dries. It rinse off ok but....doesn't leave me with a super clean feeling like Origins charcoal that I use....

Strawberry Face scrub - It smells like strawberry gum, and the scrub is basically a light pink cream with sparse amounts of strawberry seeds. It reminds me of Origins Modern Friction, altho I prefer thick paste of grains rather than cream/watery solution with sparse grains.

Enzyme Cleansing gel - It's non-foaming gel cleanser, kind of like Anthony Logistic glycolic, with a very mild pleasant scent. After rinsing, my skin felt clean and comfortable. It does cleanse off makeup but you have to rub it in for at least 10-20 seconds (tested with UD eyeliner, powder eyeshadow and KVD lipstick)

Special Cucumber lotion - It reminds me of Clinique toner 2 (with an even shorter ingredients list). Both have a astrigent scent, refreshing and leaving no residue on the skin. Clinique toner 2 does dry my cheeks out in the winter and this didn't. This also didn't sting even when my skin is a bit sensitive after a peel. I might get this for next summer.....

Hyaluronic Eye cream - It's a normal cream, not lightweight and not heavy. There's absolutely no scent and it does not irritate even around lash line. A great basic eye cream for sensitive eyes and, pretty much all skin types unless you are super oily or super dry.

Collagen Moisturizer SPF15 - scentless, a lightweight cream that sinks in easily. It's perfect for combo/normal skin and I would imagine this is good for sensitive skin. Nothing super fantastic about it but very nice.

Facial Spray with Aloe, Herbs and Rosewater - this is actually the first thing I brought from the brand. I like the simple natural ingredients list. Very mild rose scent and feels just like water on the skin. In addition to use on skin it's great for taming my static-y hair in the winter.

They are a pretty natural brand with simple ingredients list, which I like. I'm not a fan of the mask and scrub. The eye cream and moisturizer are good but nothing fancy (but then again, they also don't cost $50 per oz or something). I'm going to purchase a full size cucumber toner and the drying cream to try next time (after my wallet recovers from all the Sephora holiday goodies).

*Mario Badescu will mail you free samples if you fill out the skincare survey on their website. It doesn't always work, so make an account, do the survey, maybe even put the products in your basket and wait. If you don't get an email within the week then try again?

jaimelove

Re: How did you like your Mario Badescu products? (Review)

ugh. how is it that after completing the survey THREE times i STILL have not received samples, or even an email?!

crayzeeRN

(0) Hearts

Try sending them an email directly! It worked for me :smileyhappy:

veronika23

Oh thank you!  I hope they also send samples to Canada... I love trying out new stuff! :smileyhappy:

MermaidBarbie

[ Edited ]

After I received several samples a few months ago, I only purchased the Strawberry Face Scrub, Rose Water Facial Spray, Glycolic Eye Cream, and the Protein Night Cream. 

The Strawberry Face Scrub smells so good, is thick and has grounded strawberry seeds in it, which naturally help exfoliate the face and isn't harsh, in my opinion.

The Rose Water Facial Spray smells like roses, isn't too strong, and feels nice on the face. I wear it over makeup. It's also great to wear alone to freshen the face or if you feel like you over-powdered the face.

The Glycolic Eye Cream feels very nice under the eyes, but even using a little, it looks a little more greasy than I would like. I feel like it is for more dry, mature skin. A little goes a long way.

The Protein Night Cream is nice and thick. I feel that this is more for drier skin types because in the mornings, my combination skin looked a little more greasy than usual, and my pores looked more obvious.

Anyway, so I gave the Glycolic Eye Cream and Protein Night Cream to my mother because I think those two would be more suitable for her age and skin type. I prefer to use PTR, Murad, and Nutriganics for my skin type.

neko333

Ceramide Eye Gel- I actually rather like this. I'm young so don't have much use for eye creams but this seems to add much needed moisture around the eye area and reduce puffiness as well. I think it's a good minimalist eye cream.

Collagen Moisturizer (SPF 15)- This is alright, nothing really bad about it. I think it may contribute to an oily t-zone though. It may be worth revisiting once winter sets in. I do wish the spf was higher. 

Enzyme Cleansing Gel- It doesn't remove all my makeup in a single wash but it is a gentle basic cleanser. It doesn't seem to over dry my face or anything. 

Flower & Tonic Mask- I'm not sure about this. I don't think it's had any negative effects but I really haven't seen where it's done anything and I've used over half the jar. I think it balances skin and smooths it decently but it's nothing magical.

Seaweed Night Cream- I like the way this feels for some reason. I think this is just a heavy nighttime moisturizer. 

Special Cucumber Lotion- I don't really know what to say about this one. It was hard to use as a toner (probably human error). I just couldn't seem to get the cotton saturated. It did make my skin temporarily red when I finally did. Take this review with a grain of salt I"m still not sure what to make of this yet. 

Strawberry Face Scrub- Creamy with really big grains and a strawberry smell you would find in the children's section (I actually like the smell). I think I'm just the wrong person for this as I like things with more grains like Yu-Be Foaming Skin Polish. 

I don't think that I found any HG products here. Lots of decent products but nothing amazing. I will probably purchase the Ceramide Eye Gel for winter time as my eyes get dry easily. 

ChicDabbler

Oh to use the toner, I find it easier to invert it onto a cotton pad/ball, then squeeze the bottle gently. Otherwise the tiny opening doesn't do anything.

neko333

(0) Hearts

It's more like it's absorbing into the cotton faster than it should. It could be my cotton balls but it was really a more irritating process than it should of been. All my other toners work fine with these though. 

arielaaaaaaaa

And here is the after math of me trying to get the jar open! 

Lol It was not budging and i tried everything! It had a crack in it so i just wedged something in there and it all broke! 

IMG_1589.jpg

So i will use it tomorrow morning and give my thoughts on it at the end of the day!

crayzeeRN

Eeek! Didn't cut you I hope??

Any extra jars or containers you can stick that puppy in?

arielaaaaaaaa

No cuts! I transferred it in another container! :smileyvery-happy:

crayzeeRN

Yay! :smileyhappy:

crayzeeRN

Also, what the heck time zone do you live in??

arielaaaaaaaa

Lol Central! I have insomnia!! And i couldn't sleep till i finished my Halloween Nails!!! :smileyvery-happy:

neko333

(0) Hearts

Better than Eastern right now

crayzeeRN

Haha ok. I was wondering! It's 4:30 am here! :smileyhappy: (yay for night shift insomnia) :smileyvery-happy:

arielaaaaaaaa

(0) Hearts

Lol I need a night job! It would be perfect since i can never for the life of me sleep at night! 

Yayyy for us insomniacs!!! :smileyvery-happy:

crayzeeRN

It definitely works really well for me! I've always been a night owl, could never go to sleep or wake up early without feeling off/sick!

neko333

Several of my jars broke also. My hands are pretty strong though so I thought it was just me. 

crayzeeRN

I should be getting some very different items from MB, and will happily add reviews once I receive and try them!

If anyone has trouble getting an email from MB, I actually contacted them personally requesting samples and they asked me to take the survey, which I did a second time, and then finally got an email!

arielaaaaaaaa

[ Edited ]

Ohh nice review! I haven't used all of my samples yet, But here's what i did get....

IMG_0039.jpg

I used the Seaweed Cleansing Soap And i'm not overly loving it, It's a nice gentle face wash but i have others i prefer. 

The Cermade Herbal Eye Cream i use every night. I haven't ventured into eye creams yet, although i will start soon and this is nice until then. It keeps my eyes nice and moisturized. This little samples will last me forever!

Just tried the Cucumber Toner , Hmm It's very gentle, i've never used a calming and hydrating toner so i don't know what to expect, But my face didn't show any dry spots after applying, so i guess that good right? lol 

I haven't used the others yet, Mainly because i haven't moved them form my room to my Skin drawer in the bathroom. 

I can't for the life of my open the Hyaluronic moisturizer! Me and my whole family have tried lol, It's just not happening!! :smileysad:

I am excited to use my samples now!! I haven't done my face routine yet! Maybe i'll try the Almond and Honey scrub! 

crayzeeRN

Very nice! I would love to hear your opinion on the Almond & Honey Scrub and Flower & Tonic Mask once you've tried them!

Side note for the moisturizer- trying putting the container upside down in hot water for a few minutes- maybe there's product stuck to the lid?

Also side note... I have trouble "recognizing" some of you guys now with the new avatars :smileyvery-happy: I like them though!! :smileyhappy:

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 45 replies
  • 55 hearts
  • 20 in conversation
    • sephoramusthave
    • arielaaaaaaaa
    • ChicDabbler
    • dolceloure
    • neko333
    • veronika23