Have you heard of or shopped at The Cosmetics Company?

HookedOnBeauty2

Have you heard of or shopped at The Cosmetics Company?

I've shopped at the outlets hundreds of times but never stopped into this store. Tonight I decided to browse around and had no idea they carried brands like Mac, Smashbox, Originis, Estee Lauder, Bobbi Brown, Clinique. The prices were pretty good. I noticed the Smashbox hydrating primer I normally pay $42 was only $24.

Has anyone shopped there? I'm curious if these are old expired products.

katief241981

Re: Have you heard of or shopped at The Cosmetics Company?

I never really find anything good there.  And they are always so rude!!   Sometimes I'll go if I happen to already be there but I would never make a special trip just to go to a CCO. 

HookedOnBeauty2

The products that I saw there definitely were not discontinued items because I use them and purchase them from Sephora. If they aren't expired then I'd have to agree they could possibly be overstock.

There were a lot of Mac eyeshadows so those could have been from past collections. I was hoping they carried makeup brushes but they didn't. 

wendyomgwar

I once got an expired lipstick, it smelled really bad when I opened it at home! So I called to see what could be done, I didn't really want to get another item because umm hello it was expired!!! The associate I talked to was really rude and they wouldn't give me a refund I just ended up throwing away the lipstick, waste of time and money!

emmaclaire

I've heard they all have terrifyingly awful service, some products are obviously unsanitary (like previously used), or expired.  Have you ever called one?  They say hello like you're the gal who stole their husband.  Very hostile.

rjamlt

For me, odds are if it didn't sell in stores it's probably not something I'd be picking up once them moved it out of the stores and then down the line. I do have one near me, but the stock is usually the left over GWP that they couldn't get rid of. I did buy a mascara and it was ridiculously dried out and un-useable. Lesson learned I guess.

nightknight

Yes, they're legit. They typically carry products that are out of season or discontinued. When a brand needs to make room for a new collection, they usually do away with older stock to the Cosmetics Company or other methods. I've never been to one, but I don't imagine the products are expired, simply discontinued. I wish we had one here in Oklahoma. /sad face/

etscore1

If you use the search bar and search for CCO, there's quite a few threads/posts about lots of users shopping there. 

I don't know for certain if they're "expired" per say, but I believe they receive overstock and shades from previous collections.

HookedOnBeauty2

(0) Hearts

I guess I was having a blonde moment, I was typing in OCC and of course all the threads were mostly about lippies...........

beauty4ashes

No, I've never heard of the store. Could they be selling discontinued items? 

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 29 replies
  • 90 hearts
  • 23 in conversation
    • emmaclaire
    • wendyomgwar
    • sace021
    • mafan
    • nightknight
    • aydasu