beautytester

Has anyone tried Givenchy's Croisière lipsticks?

[ Edited ]

I usually lives browses BT and sales section only, but I happened upon the Givenchy summer collection......

swfupload_7208268039518886467.jpg

And the coral caught my eyes. The bright pastel coral is so unique and pretty and I'm in love. I know it's super expensive, but but but, the packaging, the color, everything is calling to me .....(go big or go home?). The only thing is I'm light asian skintone and am not sure if it will look good on me.....>.<

swfupload_1588315177894378283.jpg

So, has anyone tried the summer collection? or if you've only tried the black leather Givenchy lipstick collection, how does it compare to NARS or YSL in terms of hydration and staying power?

ps. All pictures not mine

beautylovingirl

Re: Has anyone tried Givenchy's Croisière lipsticks?

@roxystar4- No I never have returned one I guess I've just gotten really lucky when picking.

beautylovingirl

Oh no doubt I don't have one close to me either I just have to use my best judgement when buying on line.

roxystar4

(0) Hearts

@beautylovingirl have you ever returned one? (color not being what you like/expected?)

beautylovingirl

@roxystar4- Karla Sugar just rocks in general I love her swatches they're always so good and yeah I like that color too YSL just has the prettiest colors and then you throw the tubes in because there so pretty and I'm lost:smileyhappy:

roxystar4

I wish there was a store close to me where I could swatch them on my arm to see the color in person... :smileysad:  

beautylovingirl

@roxystar4- Ha Ha  funny girl I love the Corail Intuitive. There's  another coral color I have in the lip stain I didn't mention because I'm not sure your lips would like the lip stains besides the Volupte shine is becoming my favorite really fast I love how moisturizing they are.:smileyhappy:

roxystar4

i am scared of stains. YSL-Summer-2011-lips.jpg

Karla Sugar's swatches rock my socks off. I like the color corail poetique

beautylovingirl

@roxystar4-Honestly the only colors that I have or have seen close to that is in the Volupte Shine #15 and in the Rouge Pur is #19 Golden Melon and the other one is Pur Coture golden luster in #109 Corail D'or . The colors on the Sephora site look different than what the colors really are I just for these color out of my case.:smileyhappy:

roxystar4

[ Edited ]

thanks beautylovingirl!!! :smileyhappy: aka. YSL queen.

I am really liking the color of theVolupte Shine  15 Corail Intuitive. not too bright either. 

Im looking on the YSl beauty website right now. so many pretty colors!

beautylovingirl

@roxystar4- LOL! What colors are you wanting to know about similar shades in the YSL?

roxystar4

(0) Hearts

yes beautylovingirl ! Something similar to this Givenchy CROISIÈRE lipstick (light pinkish, coral) swatched above :smileyhappy: please

roxystar4

would love to know of similar shades in YSL or Bite Beauty :smileyhappy:  

(not sure if beautylovingirl saw this- she is YSL lipstick connoisseur) 

Annirramm

(0) Hearts
I love, but I don't see the coral on sephora's website. :smileysad: is it not yet availableon website or is only in stores?
beautytester

[ Edited ]

Ack! It was available online, too, when I made this post but it's probably sold out now. I was at a Sephora yesterday and swatched the coral. It looks too pastel/opaque on the hand but the perfect toned down bright on the lips cuz its med coverage, I blotted once. 

If you like coral, get it! It's not as bright/scary looking as it looks in the tube, get it before its gone!

viviene23

It looks like nars bolero on the swatch...have you ever tried nars bolero? How does it compare? I like nars bolero but it was soooo drying, I rarely use it! Thanks a bunch...enabler :-)

I really wanna check this one out lol!

LolaVal

(0) Hearts

Wow!  That's a beautiful color!  I think that it would look good on you, especially for the summer - giving you a nice pop of color!  Coral is my current obsession and I will have to add this to my shopping list - although it is expensive.  Thanks for the swatch!

arielaaaaaaaa

(0) Hearts

That looks so pretty!!! I'm interested in it now!! But it's really light, I don't think it would show up nice on my lips, they are a bit dark. 

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 17 replies
  • 16 hearts
  • 7 in conversation
    • arielaaaaaaaa
    • beautytester
    • roxystar4
    • beautylovingirl
    • viviene23
    • Annirramm