Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Brand Loyal
|

The HOURGLASS Thread

This thread is dedicated to all things Hourglass! One of my all time favorite brands Heart 

Direct Link to Hourglass Product Pagehttps://www.sephora.com/brand/hourglass 

New

Velvet Story Lip Cream: Hourglass Velvet Story Lip Cream 

HourglassLipCream2.png

HourglassLipCream.png

Re: HOURGLASS THREAD

I got Incandescent Electra. Do you think they sent me the really old regular ambient lighting blush? It doesn't seem to be particularly strobey.

@purly I would think it's totally possible that happened, but I really don't know what the actual difference between the Ambient Lighting Incandescent Electra and the Strobe version, so perhaps they are the same thing?

I looked it up on Temptalia, since she recently reviewed the Strobe blushes. Here are the backs of both Brilliant Nude and Incandescent Electra from the Strobe line:

Spoiler
upload_1320016245925730211.jpg

upload_7399223570783467717.jpg

Her's doesn't say Strobe on it either. I'm guessing it's the same blush from the original line, just moved into the Strobe line, and they didn't bother to update the packaging. 😛

I think you might be right. I wish I had ordered some of the other strobe blushes so I could compare the strobe effect.

@purly I can take some pics of Brilliant Nude and Incandescent Electra beside each other for you, if you'd like. 🙂 

Yay! Thank you @veronika23

Swatches of the Hourglass Ambient Strobe Lighting Blush and Ambient Lighting Bronzer - Available now on their site

Screen Shot 2017-04-10 at 11.48.51 AM.pngScreen Shot 2017-04-10 at 11.49.05 AM.png

There seem to be a lot of new hourglass products that sephora isn't stocking. I mean anything I can't buy here, I just wait and purchase during the Barney's GWP that happens twice a year, but I have to wonder if sephora is considering phasing out Hourglass or what is going on.

I really hope they aren't phasing out Hourglass!! 😱  

I really have no idea! I have no insight into why they're skipping entire product releases.

Available now online at Hourglass - Ambient Strobe Lighting Blushes (and 2 new bronzer shades)

Screen Shot 2017-04-04 at 1.48.48 PM.png

Thanks for posting this love! I'm not seeing these online to post yet but will update when I do 🙂

@Mcakesyou don't see them on the Hourglass website?  I swore they were there yesterday... I like tripled check to make sure I had the right product and that it was new 😄

Oh sorry I meant here on Sephora @veronika23 lol. I don't see it on here, but it may pop up soon 😄

@Mcakes  my bad lol. I wasn't sure if you meant Sephora or not  lol 😄 😄 😄

I should have specified lol. Morning brain 😛

No worries... I have morning brain 24/7 😄

Heres my quick review on the girl lip stylos (i gave 3/5)

I went in store to try some of these out because of the rave reviews and I left unimpressed. The staying power is pretty much non existant, and they have a weird emolliency about them which I dislike. You know the feeling of cheap lip balm which has that weird waxy slip? This is how these feel on the lips, they don't even feel moisturizing as others say. I still gave 3 stars as they applied well and didn't settle in the lip lines or bleed, but because of their texture and longevity issues I took away a couple stars. Innovator is a beautiful red though, very stunning! Just came off after a couple hours of me not even doing anything. I also tried Believer and Influencer and both looked the same my lips (I have fairly pigmented lips), and they only tinted my lips a slightly lighter tone.

Who owns the vanish foundation brush?

http://www.sephora.com/vanish-foundation-brush-P410535

Question:

- Is it worth buying?

- Does it work well with liquid foundations or just the vanish foundation stick?

Personally I think my hourglass brushes are some of the best I own, due to the synthetic fibers they are made from.

I own this brush, but I don't use it much. I bought it because I heard the vanish stick applies better with it. I think it works about as well as any other high quality foundation brush. I prefer sponge application for my foundations over brushes though, basically any day. For me, I can always see the lines brushes leave. This particular brush is supposed to use less foundation because the foundation doesn't stick to it due to the synthetic fibers they use, but I feel like this factor is less important to me than whether the application is natural and I have yet to manage to pull off a natural looking application without at least blotting with a sponge. 

If I knew before I purchased it what I know now, I would still purchase it because it's a nice brush and I want to own all the hourglass brushes. But if I could only afford one tool for applying foundation, I would buy a sponge. 

guys, does hourglass really charge more per oz when it comes to their palettes? I just tried to calculate price per oz, and I was shocked that it's more expensive to buy it in palettes rather than individually. hmm..

1 Reply
testing