Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Brand Loyal
|

The HOURGLASS Thread

This thread is dedicated to all things Hourglass! One of my all time favorite brands Heart 

Direct Link to Hourglass Product Pagehttps://www.sephora.com/brand/hourglass 

New

Velvet Story Lip Cream: Hourglass Velvet Story Lip Cream 

HourglassLipCream2.png

HourglassLipCream.png

Re: HOURGLASS THREAD

I thought I'd throw in my two cents about one of the lip stylos. I went to Nordies today (my mom was getting a makeover, so I tagged along), and was immediately drawn to the stylos. Now normally I stay far away from any sort of lip crayon product. I prefer my lipsticks in bullet form. But they were all so pretty, so I had to see them.

I tried on Protector, the "rich berry." The SA told me that they aren't the longest lasting product (she said she reapplies once or twice a day), but they'll last about four hours. However, I found that Protector, at least, lasted longer, even though moderate eating and drinking.

I was very impressed with the formula. It felt weightless and was easy to apply in the crayon shape, even at my cupid's bow, where crayons sometimes give me trouble. I do wonder how it would apply once the tip of the crayon's been blunted a bit by repeat use, though. I was also impressed that it didn't feel too glossy or creamy, as I prefer my lip products matte. I should note that I applied this on totally bare lips (no liner or even lip balm), as I'd gone in wearing a different lipstick and the SA gave me a cotton pad soaked in makeup remover. Even though I always wear a thin layer of balm under my lip products, my lips didn't feel dry or crusty with just the crayon on top.

After a few hours, the crayon dried down to a nice stain. This is a look I like, although some might not like that you can see lip lines. And even though I'd eaten and drank, the stain was even. A bit of stain remained even after removing my makeup and brushing my teeth.

While I enjoyed the color, I'll skip Protector because I have too many dupes. I'm interested in trying a nude next. Hopefully it will last just as well, and I'll grab one during the spring sale.

The SA also showed me the Curator mascara tool. It's very cool looking, and a nice alternative to disposable spoolies. I normally don't buy FS mascara (I live off 100-point perks), but I currently have two. I don't like the brush they came with, so I'd be tempted to try this tool instead.

She also showed me the new liquid liner. She swatched it on her wrist, and it was jet black and came out of the felt tip so easily. She had another swatch of the liner on her wrist that I honestly thought was a tattoo at first because it was so pigmented. She rubbed it roughly with a tissue and it didn't budge. Impressive!

Lip stylo in Protector (awkward in-store selfie with not great lighting, but you get the idea).

Spoiler
IMG_1796.JPG

They aren't very long wearing but I'm ok with that. I prefer something that is more moisturizing and not too "shiny". I don't mind reapplying but for those of you who prefer long wear lipsticks then this may not be the lip product for you.

Thank you for your review @TKLJ! This seems like my kind of lip product, very low maintenance lol. Protector looks gorgeous on you! Really brings out your eyes. Going to have to go in store and see which color speaks to me. 

That's interesting about using the Curator with other mascaras, never even thought about that! 

Thanks for the detailed review, I've been wondering about the lip stylos and don't have a nearby Sephora to try them.

Protector looks absolutely gorgeous on you!

@TKLJ

Protector looks great on you!

I ordered a couple of stylos a few days ago (or it seems like).  I haven't got them yet.  Protector was one of them!  I am having new makeup playtime withdrawals.  This should do for a bit....

Thank you, @greenchilli@northbaylynx, and @Mcakes. 🙂

Another new product coming

Screen Shot 2017-01-21 at 9.16.34 AM.png

Like this be the new liquid liner that's up? Packaging looks about the same..

http://www.sephora.com/voyeur-waterproof-liquid-liner-P415643?skuId=1892983&icid2=products%20grid:p4...

That does look a lot like it! I was also thinking it might be new lip liners? Just because they came out with a whole new line of lippies. 

Wow! Great find! Could be!

Swatches of the Girl Lip Stylo

Screen Shot 2017-01-12 at 12.00.53 PM.png

Swatches are up on Temptalia! 😄

Thanks @veronika23 ! These look like such easy wearable shades. 

The do @Mcakes 🙂 Hope we see more in the next few days!!!

They all look so pretty and wearable for everyday use! I love them!

I hope that they are moisturizing.

Anyone heard about this? Tried it? I'm very intrigued.

EQUILIBRIUM SKINCARE COLLECTION:

upload_4376382867319899461.jpg

I haven't tried them...I wish! That's a large chunk of change lol. I am very intrigued by them as well. Maybe I'll make it a goal for next year. 

@Asche Wayne Goss reviewed this collection. No offense but I am sure if I can trust him when he gives glowing reviews towards every product. 

The new Hourglass Girl Lip Stylos are up, and look pretty lovely. I am looking forward to a review of the formula.

http://www.sephora.com/girl-lip-stylo-P415641?skuId=1892926&icid2=products%20grid:p415641

Interesting, but it's expensive for the size.

IMG_2194.JPGHi everyone! I went to the Hourglass store in Venice Beach and Katy there was fantastic! She gave me 7 deluxe size gifts even though I was wearing sweats and sneakers #thatengineerlife 😂💄 There was a mini of Incandescent strobing powder on its own but it was not available in the custom palette. I picked 2 minis of that and a custom palette with mood, diffused and etherial lighting powders. They made my day I am so happy 😍😍 Is the Incandescent in the palette and the strobe series the same, anyone swatched side by side? She said it was but I read otherwise. What do you think? Either way I am glad I drove hours to get there because it was an amazing experience. 

3 Replies
testing