Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Brand Loyal
|

The HOURGLASS Thread

This thread is dedicated to all things Hourglass! One of my all time favorite brands Heart 

Direct Link to Hourglass Product Pagehttps://www.sephora.com/brand/hourglass 

New

Velvet Story Lip Cream: Hourglass Velvet Story Lip Cream 

HourglassLipCream2.png

HourglassLipCream.png

Re: HOURGLASS THREAD

Ahhh it was too good to be true 😄 I want less glitter too 😕

*phew* I'm not going crazy haha 😛

LOL yea i was pretty sad about that. I actually put both of mine up for sale/trade bc even though i liked them i wasn't wow'd to keep them. and missed the mark to return smh. i wanted more color less glitter

I'm so glad you had a good experience @aydasu ! The Incandescent in the palette is slightly less shimmery than the single IMO but if she's saying that it's the same then hey, what do I know right? Haha. 

I had a feeling that she might be mistaken and I think you are right. This has more glitter. Ahhh I was so hopeful 😄

What an amazing gift!!! You got more products than the 1000 points Sephora Hourglass reward.

LOL sad but true. And because of it I will be forever loyal to the brand. (looking at you sephora - rouge situation 😄 )

Hello HG lovers.

I am visiting LA area and I know there is a store there. I wanna go and pick up 3 Incandescent ALP (not the highlight but the LE one) in a trio palette. Is this even possible or am I dreaming? Could you please help? Thanks ❤️

I'm so excited for you @aydasu! Please post pictures if you can 😄 I'd give the Abbot Kinney store a call to see if you can add the Incandescent ALP. Here's their number: (310) 392-3409

Oh my! Thank you so much! ❤️

I would love to see photos as well! I'll be living vicariously through you! 😄

AFAIK Incandescent isn't available in the custom trio palette. It's listed as a "palette exclusive" and not available in the website custom palette options, and the store will most likely be the same.

Oh no! That is so heartbreaking. 😞

Awww that's too bad. I didn't realize it was exclusive. 😞

@aydasu If I'm not mistaken, you can create your own ALP palette at an Hourglass store. I think whatever you want put in it is up to you. If you only want Incandescent included then I don't see why they wouldn't/couldn't do that. 🙂

I could be wrong though, I haven't gotten to visit an actual Hourglass store (though I hope I can one day). 

Thank you so much! Yes, I hope they say yes and I can be greedy. It is such a beauty. I hope you could visit soon. I bet it will be fun.

i'm sure this is somewhere but am hoping for some ideas on the best type(s) of brushes to use for both the ambient powders and the strobing blushes. i have very fair skin so am not looking for a ton of color/pigment but just a wash (subtle) ...if that makes sense.

You're definitely making sense @curlieq 🙂 Since you want just a wash of color I recommend using fluffier brushes as opposed to dense ones for the blush. Something like this:

http://www.sephora.com/pro-contour-brush-74-P313017?skuId=1419456&icid2=products%20grid:p313017

or my personal fave:

http://www.sephora.com/mr-right-perfect-powder-brush-P403804?skuId=1777705&icid2=products%20grid:p40...

One thing to note that's nice about the HG blushes is that with a light hand you can't really get too out of control with it on the first dip!

As far as applying the regular ALP's, the effect is really subtle to begin with so just any powder brush will do. I use the one made specifically for it:

http://www.sephora.com/ambient-powder-brush-P377724?skuId=1489376&icid2=products%20grid:p377724

Totally second the Mr. Right brush! It is one of the best brushes I own. 🙂

@Mcakes + @Asche ...thank you both very much! this is v. helpful!

Anonymous Insider

ok hourglass addicts I need some help. I recently got the "glow for it kit" which had hourglass Ambient® Strobe Lighting Powder in Color Incandescent  also I got the 1,000 hourglass perk- which has        Ambient® Lighting Powder   Dim Light and   Hourglass Ambient Lighting Bronzer . I do not know what these powers are for can some one explain me how to use these. thanks              

testing