Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Brand Loyal
|

The HOURGLASS Thread

This thread is dedicated to all things Hourglass! One of my all time favorite brands Heart 

Direct Link to Hourglass Product Pagehttps://www.sephora.com/brand/hourglass 

New

Velvet Story Lip Cream: Hourglass Velvet Story Lip Cream 

HourglassLipCream2.png

HourglassLipCream.png

Re: HOURGLASS THREAD

Oh my! Thank you so much! ❤️

I would love to see photos as well! I'll be living vicariously through you! 😄

AFAIK Incandescent isn't available in the custom trio palette. It's listed as a "palette exclusive" and not available in the website custom palette options, and the store will most likely be the same.

Oh no! That is so heartbreaking. 😞

Awww that's too bad. I didn't realize it was exclusive. 😞

@aydasu If I'm not mistaken, you can create your own ALP palette at an Hourglass store. I think whatever you want put in it is up to you. If you only want Incandescent included then I don't see why they wouldn't/couldn't do that. 🙂

I could be wrong though, I haven't gotten to visit an actual Hourglass store (though I hope I can one day). 

Thank you so much! Yes, I hope they say yes and I can be greedy. It is such a beauty. I hope you could visit soon. I bet it will be fun.

i'm sure this is somewhere but am hoping for some ideas on the best type(s) of brushes to use for both the ambient powders and the strobing blushes. i have very fair skin so am not looking for a ton of color/pigment but just a wash (subtle) ...if that makes sense.

You're definitely making sense @curlieq 🙂 Since you want just a wash of color I recommend using fluffier brushes as opposed to dense ones for the blush. Something like this:

http://www.sephora.com/pro-contour-brush-74-P313017?skuId=1419456&icid2=products%20grid:p313017

or my personal fave:

http://www.sephora.com/mr-right-perfect-powder-brush-P403804?skuId=1777705&icid2=products%20grid:p40...

One thing to note that's nice about the HG blushes is that with a light hand you can't really get too out of control with it on the first dip!

As far as applying the regular ALP's, the effect is really subtle to begin with so just any powder brush will do. I use the one made specifically for it:

http://www.sephora.com/ambient-powder-brush-P377724?skuId=1489376&icid2=products%20grid:p377724

Totally second the Mr. Right brush! It is one of the best brushes I own. 🙂

@Mcakes + @Asche ...thank you both very much! this is v. helpful!

Anonymous Insider

ok hourglass addicts I need some help. I recently got the "glow for it kit" which had hourglass Ambient® Strobe Lighting Powder in Color Incandescent  also I got the 1,000 hourglass perk- which has        Ambient® Lighting Powder   Dim Light and   Hourglass Ambient Lighting Bronzer . I do not know what these powers are for can some one explain me how to use these. thanks              

I'd be happy to help @Anonymous 🙂 What is your question?

Anonymous Insider

s1716414-main-Lhero.jpgs1779982-main-Lhero.jpg@Mcakes I have never used hourglass before like I said I bought the "glow for it kit" and yesterday I got the 1,000 HG perk

hourglass Ambient® Strobe Lighting Powder  Incandescent and the Ambient® Lighting Powder in dim light. and the Ambient® Lighting Bronzer. can you tell what they are for and how to use them.

Oh man, I have the incandescent light and dim light because those two are my favourites out of the lighting powders!! 

You're going to love them.

@Anonymous welcome to the HG family then 😄 Incandescent light (which is the strobe powder in the glow for it kit) is going to be a stronger highlight than the regular Ambient Lighting Powders. I use Dim Light as a setting powder. 

The ALPs are not going to be very noticeable on your skin close up, their effect is best appreciated at the end of your makeup routine. It leaves such a beautiful blurring/airbrushed finish to the skin. It's hard to describe, you just have to see the magic for yourself!

Of course the bronzer can just be used as you would normally use a bronzer. It does have a radiance to it though as opposed to other matte bronzers. Not chunky glitter or anything, just a nice glow. 

Anonymous Insider

@Mcakes thanks doll!

You're welcome @Anonymous! 

Anonymous Insider

@Mcakes I also noticed that the Ambient® Strobe Lighting is $16 more then the other travel size Ambient® lighting powders why is that? that's a huge price difference for the same size. Also I was thinking about buying the  strobe blush, but it is also $16 more expensive.what do you recommend   

@Anonymous the price difference between the strobe powders and the regular ALP's is because the strobe is marketed as a "true" highlighter as opposed to just an all over glow/finishing powder. 

As far as the blushes...they truly are beautiful! I highly recommend going in to a store and swatching them. The blush palette is a great way to try 3 different shades. 

How similar is the 2014 blush palette to the new strobing  blush palette?

testing