urbandecayjunky

Great Products at a Great Price

[ Edited ]

If you know a product at an unreasonable price, please share.

ssmittys

Make up is totally a "get what you pay for" market out th...

Make up is totally a "get what you pay for" market out there! I have found that Benefit and MAC are usually at a lower pricepoint than everyone else but still have great quality products. Some things are worth the extra splurge though. For example, I tried to love MACs $26.50 foundation, but in comparison to the Hourglass Tinted Moisturizer I wear, it was just blah.

Find what you are most passionate about being on your face, and have that be your splurge category. For other things, try to shop sales. (PS Sephora has a Sale on Sale Items, extra 20% off sale, use code EXTRA at checkout!)

sara505

I loooooooove lipstick and in terms of high-end makeup I...

I loooooooove lipstick and in terms of high-end makeup I am always amazed at how cheap (in contrast to comparable brands) MAC lipsticks are! The color range is amazing, they look beautiful on, they smell amazing, and they're under $15! Like prettyinpa said, you get what you pay for and I am still willing to spend $25 on a NARS lip product but MAC lipsticks are the bees knees for $10 less :smileywink:

prettyinpa

High quality is hard to find at a low price. With beauty...

High quality is hard to find at a low price. With beauty products, you mostly get what you pay for. 

If you want to get a sale on your favorite brands, look in Sephora's sale section for clearance items, they can be really discounted if they are going to be discontinued. Sites like Haute Look have periodic specials on Urban Decay, Stila, and other expensive lines. It is free to sign up with Haute Look and they send you a daily email with what's on sale.

That said, some of Sonia Kashuk for Target products are pretty nice. Their brushes and lipsticks are good. 

Conversation Stats
  • 3 replies
  • 4 hearts
  • 4 in conversation
    • ssmittys
    • prettyinpa
    • sara505
    • urbandecayjunky