Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Brand Loyal
|

Glossier / Into the Gloss

Since Glossier launched its Phase 2 set today, I thought it would be a good time to start a thread for the brand. Plus, I'm a bit obsessed with its products.

glossier solution.jpg

New product: Solution acid exfoiliator ($28) and Glossier-branded cotton rounds ($4). I mean, I buy my cotton rounds at the dollar store, but OK.

PROMOS: I have a referral link (you get 10% off, PM me for it).

FREE SHIPPING: Standard shipping is free when you order two or more items—including Canada!

SOLUTION: Use code "Solution" for free shipping when you buy Solution and cotton rounds.

CLOUD PAINT: Buy two Cloud Paint blushes, save $6.

WOWDER: Buy the powder and the brush, save $7. 

BODY HERO DUO: Buy Body Hero Daily Oil Wash and Body Hero Daily Perfecting Cream, save $5.

Sometimes there are additional discounts and promos floating around IG. Tag me if you find one and I'll add it here.

NEWS: 

Body Hero body wash and body cream:

Spoiler
Duo_Carousel_1.jpg

Wowder and brush:

Spoiler
wowder.JPG

Re: Glossier / Into the Gloss

The light/medium looks a bit dark for me too. I don't want to add colour since it usually deepens into a beige on me and that's not what I'm going for.

@bonafide11 --  I saw that Allana Davidson video a few days ago and that was the one that annoyed me since she didn't really show it. She just used it, with no closeups or anything. 

I'm waiting for a proper review from someone who paid for the product, with lots of comparisons to other powder products they paid for.  lol

@jeannie11 Allana's video is where I saw the closeup. Here's a screenshot. She didn't say much else about it other than it's good for setting and it works for her dry skin. She's using the brush that's in the photos so it's probably a set. I'm sure there will be a ton of PR videos about it tomorrow when it launches. 🙂

IMG_0210.JPG

I like the pink brush! So many beauty gurus have been teasing this product for the last month now. Will be interesting to see some real people reviews. 

@jeannie11 Allana Davidson used it in a 5 min makeup look recently and it looks like a mineral powder to me. It was a tinted loose powder so I'm guessing there will be shades. It was in a tin/jar with a sifter but I'm not sure if that's just the packaging of the PR sample because it's not pink like the picture.

@bonafide11-- Teasing, but not showing really and I want to see the shade!  Have you seen anything close up?

Just as you said, I also want real people reviews!  People who spent their hard earned money on it and not given it for free.

Cross posting...

00000.JPG

Spoiler
This just in: Glossier sunscreen is coming! And apparently, according to Glossier founder Emily Weiss, it's been a long time coming.

"Sunscreen has been our [number one] most requested product since the launch of Glossier," she wrote in an announcement post on Into the Gloss. And now, after two years of development, the New York City-based skin-care and cosmetics company is sharing a sneak peek of the sun-blocking formula — just in time for summer. "Sunscreen is: Sticky. Heavy. Greasy. Pore clogging. Drying. Weird smelling. Chalky. Makeup interrupting," Glossier wrote on Instagram. "Not anymore." Cue all the excitement (!!!).

While details on the launch, called Invisible Shield, are limited, based on Weiss' preview post on, here's what we know: As we mentioned above, Invisible Shield, a clear, serum sunscreen, took two years to formulate — and for good reason. According to Weiss, the thin, serum-like fluid blocks all the sun's rays — UVA and UVB — while also protecting the skin against free-radical damage and "other pollution grossness."

As for Invisible Shield's packaging, well, it's "super sexy" — so sexy Weiss (and maybe us once we get our hands on the stuff) wants to "share a bottle of Sauvignon Blanc with it on the beach in Malibu." OK, OK, we dig it — and 100 percent can get on board with that. Now, when can we get our hands on it? TBD, as Weiss oh-so-cryptically announced we'll meet Invisible Shield "later this week." So, until then — we'll keep rapidly refreshing the Into the Gloss page, as well as our Instagram feeds, until more details emerge. And obviously, when they do, we'll update you here ASAP.

upload_56041077479090574.jpg

Trendmood just posted a picture of what the Invisible Shield sunscreen looks like. Trendmood said that it's coming out in June, but the commenters are saying it is actually debuting tomorrow online and in their NYC showroom.

The comments are also confirming that this is a chemical SPF so I will not buying this item. Hope the ones that do enjoy it!

Aw, thanks for the update @Karmatic

My Cloud Paints arrived today and I love love love them.

I got all of them, and agree, they are so lovely!  It's impossible to mess up.  Dusk is so definitely my favorite on my skin tone.

I'm so tempted to try these!

You should! They're lovely, and seemingly idiot-proof (I put mine on this morning with my left hand). 

Oh wow, that sounds great! 🙂 My blush application isn't always the greatest, so I bet these would be perfect.

Yesterday when I opened them up I swatched a little on my hand. I ended up with way too much (they come out pretty quickly, FYI) and so I swiped some on my cheeks to use it up. I literally just smudged some on and blended it around with my fingers and it looked perfect without even trying. It even stayed on for hours, which is saying something for me because most blushes (except UD) disappear pretty quickly on me.

It probably sounds like I work for Glossier (I don't!) or something, but I just really love these.

@JenniferOhJenny Your mini review here just convinced me to get Dusk and Haze. I'm so excited to try these since blush doesn't last long on my face, either!

@txcatx Oh good! I hope you love them! (I always worry about giving reviews of things in case the rest of the world hates the thing that I love..."What an idiot; why does she like this so much?" 😉 )

But for what it's worth, I have worn them basically every day I've had them and they are pretty foolproof. Even when I was afraid I had a bit too much on, I just kept blending with my fingers and it ended up looking good.

I think you have me convinced! Especially if they have good wear time. Powder blushes don't tend to last for me. Thanks!

I hope you love them! They still have the deal of 2 for $30, btw.

which colors did you get? I got dusk and puff!

Have you had a chance to try them yet? I got Puff and Haze. I'm pretty cool/fair and I was a little afraid that Haze would be too dark. It's not at all - it looked like the best just-came-in-from-the-cold flush ever. I am seriously so happy with these...I love it when a product actually lives up to the promotional hype.

12 Replies
Conversation Stats
Photos69
  • IMG_8512.jpg
  • Screen Shot 2016-03-14 at 12.10.33 PM.png
  • IMG_8869.jpg
  • rsz_img_2582.jpg
  • rsz_img_2583.jpg
  • IMG_8934.jpg
  • image2 (2).JPG
  • IMG_9142.jpg
  • Screen Shot 2016-05-06 at 1.41.19 PM.png