Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Brand Loyal
|

Glossier / Into the Gloss

Since Glossier launched its Phase 2 set today, I thought it would be a good time to start a thread for the brand. Plus, I'm a bit obsessed with its products.

glossier solution.jpg

New product: Solution acid exfoiliator ($28) and Glossier-branded cotton rounds ($4). I mean, I buy my cotton rounds at the dollar store, but OK.

PROMOS: I have a referral link (you get 10% off, PM me for it).

FREE SHIPPING: Standard shipping is free when you order two or more items—including Canada!

SOLUTION: Use code "Solution" for free shipping when you buy Solution and cotton rounds.

CLOUD PAINT: Buy two Cloud Paint blushes, save $6.

WOWDER: Buy the powder and the brush, save $7. 

BODY HERO DUO: Buy Body Hero Daily Oil Wash and Body Hero Daily Perfecting Cream, save $5.

Sometimes there are additional discounts and promos floating around IG. Tag me if you find one and I'll add it here.

NEWS: 

Body Hero body wash and body cream:

Spoiler
Duo_Carousel_1.jpg

Wowder and brush:

Spoiler
wowder.JPG

Re: Glossier / Into the Gloss

pure is the one I'm looking forward to as well! my skin loves niacinamide and zinc ❤️

Omg I love the packaging. I am super interested in seeing the ingredients for these!!

This is honestly exciting haha. I've been looking for some reasonably priced serums to try out and even just buying two of these and mixing will be cheaper than a lot of what's out there. Hoping they work well.

@maldayThe Ordinary (from DECIEM) has really affordable serums/boosters! A 30 mL 10% Niacinamide + 1% Zinc is being sold for $5.90 🙂

I know right? Serums can be so expensive. It's going to be nice to try out some cheaper ones just to figure out what ingredients work best for me without spending too much! I'm also really hoping the vitamin c one is stable because it's hard to find a non-pricey one that doesn't oxidize 🙂

I'm interested to see what form of vitamin c they use... but that packaging (clear bottles instead of opaque) is generally not good as far as keeping fragile formulas stable. 😞

It's so cute though.  

The C bottle looks frosted at least, better than nothing?

True!

Yeah, score one for my dark bedroom! 🙂

can any pale girls let me know how they got on with the stretch concealer ? was it too dark ?? thanks !

@jemly I can swatch Glossier Medium next to Nars Custard if that would help. I know those shades are both too dark for you, but it might help put it in perspective. And I believe @ShannonAlexis has the Light concealer. 

@TKLJ @jemly Yeah, the glossier concealer is darker than nars chantilly and UD fair neutral. I still think the swatch I posted on this page is accurate color-wise.

http://community.sephora.com/t5/Products/Glossier-Into-the-Gloss/td-p/2404887/page/5

I still use it and don't have problems with the color. The shade does well to balance out my intense dark circles. If My undereyes weren't so dark it would probably look bad. It would clash with how light my/our foundations are though. So I only wear it on days when I don't wear base makeup but want to conceal & hydrate my undereyes. 

Sometimes I use it first, then foundation, then concealer because of the nice balm texture. It's still a usable product. The coverage isn't great and neither is the color match, but it serves it's purpose for no-makeup days.

@jemly I am pretty pale (My HG concealer match is Nars Chantilly) and I found the color to be a little too dark on me. Unfortunately it was also too yellow so I can't make it work at all 😞 As for the formula, I like how it works under the eyes. It's very moisturizing and looks natural. It doesn't work well at all on blemishes though; it doesn't have enough coverage and slides around too much. 

@jemly I am fairly pale and the color works fine for me if I blend it well. I don't so much love the formula, though - it creases under my eyes. I don't use concealer very often so maybe it's more of a problem with my technique. Anyways, I can swatch it for you if you'd like, just let me know. 🙂

Everything is shipping for free today (8/30). No minimum purchase and no code necessary. Free shipping ends at midnight Pacific. 

All Skin Tint shades are back!

Anyone have thoughts on the Skin Tint? I'm thinking of picking it up now that it's finally in stock but I've heard some conflicting reviews!

@muttmutti

I've been summoned! 

OK, so I adore mine. It's the first foundation (well, "foundation") that I've repurchased in forever.

However, it did take me some getting used to it. I went from full-coverage foundation to BB cream, but the skin tint has both lighter coverage than BB cream and a lighter formula—it's very watery. The first time I wore it, I was shocked. My pores! On display for the world! But it wore so comfortably and I got over myself. I'm not looking for the perfect porcelain doll look. I'm a human and I want to look like one, pores, dark circles, redness, and all. It covers/blurs some flaws, but not all.

I own essentially the entire Glossier range, and this is my favorite product.

One bottle, with near daily use, lasted me about a year. I wear the shade light. There's a 99% chance I'm wearing it any photos I've posted here for the past year, and I may have some swatch photos I can dig up if you want.

@TKLJ Thanks so much for the review! I normally wear a medium coverage foundation but I've been trying to get more comfortable with my skin and go for something lighter so this might work. It would definitely be a change from my usual look though! Do you usually wear primer under it or set it with powder? I get a little oily with most foundations so would you describe this as more of a dewy or matte finish

Once again thank you for taking the time to answer me! It's much appreciated 🙂

@muttmutti I occasionally wear primer, but only because I'm trying to use up a tube. I have oily skin, and I'd say the finish is natural/dewy, but not matte. I generally only set with powder if I have a big event planned, but not for everyday wear.

@TKLJ Sounds good! I think I'm going to give it a try. Plus it gives me an excuse to order a new flavor of Balm Dot Com, so that's a bonus 😄

Conversation Stats
Photos69
  • IMG_8512.jpg
  • Screen Shot 2016-03-14 at 12.10.33 PM.png
  • IMG_8869.jpg
  • rsz_img_2582.jpg
  • rsz_img_2583.jpg
  • IMG_8934.jpg
  • image2 (2).JPG
  • IMG_9142.jpg
  • Screen Shot 2016-05-06 at 1.41.19 PM.png
  • Glossier_Haloscope1.PNG